Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#576 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 2:15 AM
Be beneficial to read this ARTICLE in Sims3Cri : "World Adventures, lags, bugs and custom content" by CriCri

Quote: Originally posted by CriCri

Article Index:
  • World Adventures, lags, bugs and custom content
  • Loading times
  • Incompatible files and blue objects
  • Game bugs
  • How to use CC

"-If you leave me, can I come with you too?.."
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#577 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 10:02 AM
Except that article is wrong - package files in general ARE safe and work okay - it's just select ones that have problems and it's easy to find out which are the issue. And a lot of people have had issues with sims3packs now too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#578 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:59 PM Last edited by babboo : 27th Dec 2009 at 4:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Except that article is wrong - package files in general ARE safe and work okay - it's just select ones that have problems and it's easy to find out which are the issue. And a lot of people have had issues with sims3packs now too.

How do they know it is sims3packs issues ? I'm asking because my game keeps lagging a bit after five clean reinstall, I'm not putting old saves back, only dccache, it seems I don't have bad package files when I use process monitor. Before I put anything back, I try a new game but I have lags so it looks like a graphic problem.
Test Subject
#579 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:05 PM
Ive been reading this post for the past few days, Ive done about everything Its said except for batch to the sims packs, I deleted a few things but my game is still unbearablly slow when loading.... it took about 10 minutes just to load up my neighborhood, the CAS runs really slow, when i am making a new sim it takes 1-2 minutes to load up each section of clothing when I click on it. Is there anything else I should try? I wonder what EAxis changed when they made the new patchs.... perhaps there is a way to compile all downloaded CC into a large package file? Like EA does with everything when they ship the game, or perhaps there is some kind of optimizer, all I know is they have messed up bad... I cannot play ts3 without my cc! oh just fyi I have 1.6 gb 975 files of cc
Lab Assistant
#580 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fantom987
Ive been reading this post for the past few days, Ive done about everything Its said except for batch to the sims packs, I deleted a few things but my game is still unbearablly slow when loading.... it took about 10 minutes just to load up my neighborhood, the CAS runs really slow, when i am making a new sim it takes 1-2 minutes to load up each section of clothing when I click on it. Is there anything else I should try? I wonder what EAxis changed when they made the new patchs.... perhaps there is a way to compile all downloaded CC into a large package file? Like EA does with everything when they ship the game, or perhaps there is some kind of optimizer, all I know is they have messed up bad... I cannot play ts3 without my cc! oh just fyi I have 1.6 gb 975 files of cc

Calm down; it's not that bad.

See posts 250 and 283 in this thread, which explain where to get and how to use Process Monitor. Delphy's even made the filter for you, to which post 283 links.

Then you run Process Monitor while running your game, close the game, and see which CC files are causing the slowdown by being repeatedly loaded.

There will likely be a few, and those will have to be deleted; so you won't be able to keep all your CC, but you'll be able to keep the vast majority of it, like at least 90%.
Test Subject
#581 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 4:58 AM
Ive just decided to redo all of my cc... i think I have some stuff that was killing my game... hopefully a fresh install of everything will correct it all
Test Subject
#582 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 8:59 AM
thanx! i only had one thing and it still made my game alot faster!
Test Subject
#583 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:27 PM
my game runs flawlessly now... for the most part... I reinstalled everything, redownloaded everything, installed all sims3pack files through the sims 3 launcher, installed all package files like normal and the game runs fine.... except in CAS alot of CC doesnt show up in the little preview, I can still use it its just annoying because I cant see what some things are until i click on it.
Lab Assistant
#584 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 11:49 PM
After reading and rereading this thread countless times, performing all suggested tasks, removing offending content, I am now happily (though with trepidation) running TS3 WA incredibly well on my desktop computer, and nearly as well on my laptop.

Lag time gone. Load time on desktop 2 mins. Laptop nearly 3 mins. The lack of lag time in game makes the load time on the laptop absolutely tolerable. I didn't remove nearly as much CC from the laptop game either. Going to see how that goes for a bit.

Thank you to every one of you geniuses who contributed solutions, possible solutions, lists of suspect content (that was a great help and at least four of the 'same' files were fucking possessed on both machines); I value your time. You're the only reason I continue to play this devilish game.

The Process Monitor is my new god. Awomen.

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Test Subject
#585 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 1:29 AM
Hi I have a very good gaming computer and I had over 1.5 gb of CC .package and .sims3pack combined before WA and game loaded in less than five mins, Since installing Wa load time was over an hour. I am no computer expert but I have trialed load times with both package types and have fund that as long as my CC is one type or the other only my load times went back to around five mins or less. As I said I am no expert but I have concluded from that trial that with WA it cant read botpackage types at the sametime.......anyone have any thoughts
Lab Assistant
#586 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 7:11 AM
Default patches
Quote:
For those of you playing, presumably patched games with WA, would you say the problems you all are seeing effectively ends our ability to play a relatively stable game with CC?

I know you asked about WA, but I just wanted to say I am playing just the base game with the patch 1.8 and I am having trouble with CC not showing up or making the game crash. When I removed the package files and left just the files I uploaded through the launcher I got the game to play, but for some reason my sims just keep getting into the cab. So maybe this problem is more to due with the patches and not the game(s) it's self. I don't know I'm not really a computer whiz.
Test Subject
#587 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 9:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franziska1985
Cristina we are saying the same things...And Inge has confirmed it. No one will find a solution just because this is a free community and this is a problem only for few of users who want to have Gbs of CC. I appreciate the hard work made up till now to have CC in the game and perhaps the issues stop here. We have to resign ourselves and be content with few packages. As I said, the game works with a clean installation, several sims3packs and few packages. This is the best we can have now, and it is enough for a free community and a hostile EA.

Fluttereyes is right (sigh). I uninstalled my games, reinstalled and then sadly, I got rid of my CC packages in my mod folder ( I only held onto a few Peggy and Rose Sim hairs and one or two mods like the breast slider by Delphy and skills faster etc). My game is now faster than ever with just sim3.packs. From now on, if its not a sim3.package, then I won't be downloading it.
Alchemist
#588 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 3:26 PM
Quote:
Fluttereyes is right (sigh). I uninstalled my games, reinstalled and then sadly, I got rid of my CC packages in my mod folder ( I only held onto a few Peggy and Rose Sim hairs and one or two mods like the breast slider by Delphy and skills faster etc). My game is now faster than ever with just sim3.packs. From now on, if its not a sim3.package, then I won't be downloading it.

How come?

The solution to locating problem .package files is outlined in this thread, is it not?
Field Researcher
#589 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 6:57 PM
I've had problems with both kinds of files, so I decided to run a poll on my new wordpress site to see which people prefer. You may find it interesting to check the results, or vote for yourself: http://helaene.wordpress.com/2009/1...l-file-formats/

For the time being, I've been providing both .sims3pack and .package files for downloaders, but I'd rather not keep up both in the long run...

~ h e l a e n e ~
https://www.patreon.com/helaene (free)
Test Subject
#590 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:37 PM

How come?

The solution to locating problem .package files is outlined in this thread, is it not?

Yes, it probably is outlined in this thread. Unfortunately, I'm a busy Mum and don't get to spend too much time fiddling on my pc anymore. I've just taken the easy way out and I'm happy with this. Now that I've erased 98% of cc from my mod folder, I really don't miss them.
Test Subject
#591 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
I knew it! I knew it I knew it!

If someone else would, I'd LOVE if we could get a second opinion, because if it's consistent, MTS is gonna have to change their standards to prefer Sims3Packs. Packages aren't efficient for the game this time around it seems.

I was running WA with sims3packs with no problems. Then i was lookin for diffrent items to add. Ran across awesomemod went to go install that. Being package format i didnt know what to do so i had to do some research on where to install it.

Well. needless to say, my game takes FOREVER to load and lags and my computer is not the problem. Tried a couple of diffrent .packages, ya that didnt work out to well.

But if i just go with the sim3packs from TSR or the store, I run just fine. about 3gbs worth of sims3packs.

So i hope that helps you out more. Hope MTS change to sims3packs.
Test Subject
#592 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 1:37 AM
A big thnx for this programm, it saved my game! i had installed sims2 stuff which slowed down my game. I found them and deleted
Now i can download more .package stuff
thnx again, happy new year!
Research Worker
#593 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 7:51 AM Last edited by ambron : 1st Jan 2010 at 6:03 AM.
Hi,
I have been reading allmost all of your posts.
First of all I don't want to say I have no problems with WA, otherwise I wouldn't have been in search for solutions what causes the sudden crashes during decorating.

But.... a long explanation follows in order to underpin my assumption.
I had a problem with visible installed sims3packs in Launcher, which didn't show up in game. Mostly (in fact all of them) store-items I didn't buy in the store but got somewhere else for free. I know it isn't a nice thing to do, but I did it and maybe someone else had the same economical thoughts.
Anyway... Since WA and its patches is out, I was figuring out how to install ALL of my Sims3pack cc in a quick and easy way.
I wasn't sure if I could use Delphy's programme after the patch. So I cut & pasted my DCCache content to my Mods file and put my Downloadsfolder in a safe place.
( thinking of the fact that Delphy's quick sims3pack installer reads the numeric content too in order to install them in the Mods file)
The result was indeed the presence of all my installed content in game but also an extreme slow game.
Experiencing this act as no good solution to my "problem" I brought back everything in its previous state.

However it came to my mind, that a slow game isn't caused by packages in general or sims3packs.
There is a possibility that installed (unpayed) store items via the Multi Extracter (in your Mods folder) causes the slowing down.

At the risk it is not done to speak out loud the possibility to get pay items for free on the net (found nothing written about this possibility), but in all my infinite ignorance about modding etc. this could be it.

Have a very happy new year.
Test Subject
#594 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 7:22 PM
Default Running really slowwww!!
Hello,

I have read everyone's suggestions on here to get the game running as it should and tried just about everything and nothing works.

Grrr I weeded through package files and got rid of most still not helping.

I know it is not my computer as it is brand new and more than meets requirements. I can run warcraft on the highest resolution settings and not get the slightest glitch even in large cities.

Custom content worked fantastic on the game until I installed WA, now it takes me at least 30-45 minutes to load the game and it is seriously lagging.

Does anyone know if EA is addressing these problems? And if removing the package files does actually help? I don't want to lose all my pretty stuff
Forum Resident
#595 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 8:47 PM
Yep i can confirm this problem, i changed nothing on the system, just installed about 10 new items and it started lagging. I could fiddle around and find the evil packagefiles, but i decided to just slim down my packages folder about 1/3 size, only keeping the basic packs like skin textures, eyes, awesomemod etc. and now it runs smooth again and i got rid of CC i didn't use anyways.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Test Subject
#596 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheUnknownTruth
Here is a step by step of what I did, it’s long but I tried to make it easy to understand. I would like to give credit to modthesims website some of these step come form them.

Thank you!!! This helped so much. I have been in patch hell all day, and you have released me. Thanks so much to you for your simple instructions and to all at MTS.
Test Subject
#597 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 7:16 AM
Not sure if it's normal but my game keeps reloading
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\FullBuild0.package
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\FullBuild2.package
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\DeltaBuild0.package
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\Sunset Valley.world
Top Secret Researcher
#598 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:31 PM
I do not have problem with content from TSR but do have problem with content from MTS2 and some other places...and I love MTS2. I did not use the process monitor because we were told that this was for creators. So I just pulled all my package files that caused issues. It seems to me that the creators could test one item for thousands of people rather than thousands of people each testing this one item. Or do certain items cause different problems for each individual? If so, it seems the problem is bigger than just the item.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#599 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 6:04 PM
shadowemiko: Thats perfectly normal

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#600 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 8:53 PM
Hello. I've been reading around... I didn't read the whole 25 pages of posts, so I'm sorry if I'm reapeting questions here. In the past week I've been having the same issue that you all have: it's impossible for me to play the game with CC due to unbearable lags. So, I was forced to delete all my packages. I'm now using only Store items.

And I'm really mad, because I had all these great things like real nudity and stuff. Does the fact that my game doesn't tolerate not even one package file mean that I will have to tolerate the censor blur again?

I miss my new meshes and clutter and my replacements... My game is so... so... untouched!!! I'm so sad I wanna cry.

This is probably stupid: Is there a tool to turn package files into sim3packs or is that impossible?

And I have this other issue with Store stuff sometimes appearing black, or turning into a small black ball. Have you heard anything like that somewhere? I've found no solution to that. I used to use Delphy's Multi Installer to extract the sim3packs that were problematic and turn them into packages. But, now, offcourse, that is not useful at all.

I can't believe how many issues this game has. I've spent more time trying to fix the problems than playing it. EA this time really fu***d things up by being so money hungry.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Fixes found and made into FAQ - please make a new thread if you have further questions/issues.
Page 24 of 26