Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 589 (Who?), Viewed: 55865 times.
Page 24 of 24
Field Researcher
#576 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 2:43 AM Last edited by budwinys : 11th Oct 2017 at 10:21 AM.
I've been really blah lately. Too blah to comment here or play the Sims (I've been playing the old console versions though, lol). I've been calling in a lot- this is AFTER I quit my job for two months and then reapplied. I was burned out and have been there for 2 and half years, so I decided it was time. Then I needed money for student loans and, hopefully, driving school, and it's super close to my house and not a bad job, so I reapplied. They took me back (they really didn't want me to quit) but I'm barely there now that I have the money I needed. It doesn't help that depression and anxiety also effect blood sugar levels.

After working a full shift yesterday, I went with my parents to take my dog to the animal hospital. He has pancreatitis, and we're picking him up soon. We didn't get home last night until 1am, and I couldn't sleep because I was worried. I texted my boss and told her I'd be late, which she was fine with, but then I decided to stay home with how hectic everything was. She said she wouldn't be mad if I didn't come in, but she "really needed me". I work retail, but I just work in the apparel department of a grocery store. She wasn't by herself, but I still feel awful. She probably wouldn't have said she needed me if I didn't keep calling in once every week.

Good news is that my dog is going to be fine. I have to play doggy nurse tonight and tomorrow, though. Poor guy needs antibiotics, special food, and someone to monitor him most of the time. I was going to post in the vent thread, but I'm not really venting. Just depressed and felt like posting somewhere semi-anonymously about it.

EDIT: Oh my God, this isn't the "How are you today?" thread. Sorry for bumming you guys out.
Theorist
#577 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:22 PM
I was fine until I had lunch. I forgotten the fact that they removed my gallbladder about 8 years ago and so, I have terrible indigestion. No more pizza for me, ever again.

But otherwise, I have been planning with the upcoming birthday money I am getting. I was thinking about a portable DVD player so I can work on arts and craft in the basement. (to my knowledge, the only outlet bank is at the bottom landing. I may consider an extension cord to go along with it) and a few disc binders. One for my PC games, one for my Crafting videos and one for my collections.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Field Researcher
#578 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 10:23 AM
My doggy is getting better! Still hasn't eaten, but that's normal for dogs with pancreatitis. Once he eats, he'll be mostly back to normal.
Mad Poster
#579 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:33 PM
Yay!!!!!!!

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Theorist
#580 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 12:22 AM
Rough day in the home office. I found a giant sketchbook the same size as the table space it was on. I talked about having cheesecake for my party with Aunt Fran and Uncle Joe. Saw Grandpa Ernie and he took about 1 kilo of chestnuts my father harvested for his enjoyment as our neighbors will have no use for them (They're moving to North Carolina) and we had quite a few kilos, but my father's complaint: Harvesting the meat of the nut is a bitch because the outer layer is like barbed wire. The shell under the outer layer requires techniques to harvest the meat without mangling it into a mush of nut meat and shrapnel.

But lately, I can't seem to make up my mind on a standardized uniforms for my Sushi-based Magical Girls. Also, because the characters are in their late 20s\early 30s, it's aimed at older fans who are around those ages. I currently have the working title of "Together, We're Freaking Sweet"

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
#581 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 8:27 AM Last edited by Mordecai and Rigby : 13th Oct 2017 at 11:10 PM.
After years of bad Internet that downloaded at 180 KB/s, we now have Internet that downloads at 2 MB/s

Holy fucking shit

EDIT: And by "download" I mean files, like a game or something

This account doesn't exist
Theorist
#582 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 9:17 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Oct 2017 at 9:14 PM.
I found great planner\organizer stickers for my planner. I use a spider for psych meetings as a humorous nod to a slogan at a psych Office on the Simpsons: "Because there may not be bugs on you." (They really should make proper ones, those label people)

I also found a minimalist planner to work with.

Although I measured and my area is too small for a floating desk I had in mind, I guess I am going to work around it.

I am going to be busy next week. I have a psych meeting and my party with Aunt Fran and Uncle Joe.

I had a chance to hear from haywud and I told him of the Challah baking social. It was sold out this year. But the women in the social baked at least two loaves and had some fun.

I also got a bath. You know it's bad to forget your last bath, but it becomes a horrific event when you're itching like crazy. While prepping for the bath I noticed two pimples on the underside of my right breast. I find such growths to be ridiculous because treating them means extra care.

I finally decided and plan on renovating the parts of the house I use most: The basement and the room I live and sleep in. I have much work to do because although the stairs can hold my weight, they need to be stained and sealed and first thing before we do that is clean the huge fragments of broken wood and the dust bunnies, which "multiply" every time I go to work downstairs. After that dries, I have to put down grip paper so no one has a sizable chance of falling down the stairs. Then I have mats to lay down and a beanbag chair.

I also found a decent table to hold my game consoles.

Overall, today was not usual and I respect the fates that be in their exercises in human endurance.

Theorist
#583 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:06 PM
I spent today watching how to videos, burning DVDs and surfing the net to scout out possible ways to earn a living as a saleswoman.

Of what is yet to be determined. I admit I have my father's wild child attitude and my mother's cautious approach to new ideas.

Alchemist
#584 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 4:39 AM
$200 backpacking pack secondhand for $10? Yes please!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#585 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 5:19 AM
A joke my parents made that I wasn't so much born as I was hatched from a large egg. They expected me to make a peeping noise and I said "Peep?!".

Trust me when I say I am a good sport about these origin jokes. My birthday is a week away and I am pretty pumped. My aunt Fran and uncle Joe are coming to visit on their weekend off at the end of this week and I accidentally frightened Gemini when I pressed "Eject" on my DVD player remote. She jump about 4 inches maximum. Funny, our Norwegian Forest Cat mixes were enthralled by it opening and closing. They were too in awe to attack.

Theorist
#586 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:45 AM
We have an orange sun right now, appearently because of warm air transporting Sahara dust. Just like the UK had yesterday, but not as intense. Quiete a fascinating sight.

German humor isn't a laughing matter.

#587 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 7:41 PM
More like yesterday...
I brought my daughter to her very first...Pink Floyd concert experience.
Roger Waters was in Montreal at the Bell Center..and we were on the floor. That was quite good. For me, it was my second time. I was there in May 1994, for the Division Bell tour...Olympic Stadium, Montreal.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Theorist
#588 Old Yesterday at 12:14 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 3:17 PM.
Been talking with Molgera and in short, we have many common thoughts like a unified and standardized size system for clothes because we both related to the displeasures of shopping while larger than "normal", strategic maneuvers concerning our Sims games, cats we know of and our ambitions which may look dead in the water but we both want to work in the gaming industry. Mostly my handicap is being a woman. (75% of the gaming industry is made up of white men.)

Recently, with the news of sexual harassment in Hollywood, my father, frustrated with the people coming out of the woodwork, shouted "Has there ever been a woman who never was sexually harassed?" I then posed this question "Have you ever met anyone at all who was never unhappy?" I told him a story of a young brokenhearted girl who meets a guiding spirit who gives her a tour of the cosmos and no matter where the girl and spirit went, people faced unhappiness.

My father's plea for an immunity led to me telling the story and he realized that both harassment and unhappiness have no cases of immunity. I had opened his eyes to the truth.

However, I don't make light of sexual harassment. I faced it in 7th grade junior high. Still mad at that jerk who ruined my lunch by destroying it, calling me fat when I weighed at a much lower weight.

Alchemist
#589 Old Yesterday at 9:29 PM
A- on my first assignment!! Go me!!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#590 Old Yesterday at 11:00 PM
YAY!!!! See, you can do it. You will soon adjust to the additional work load and you will be fine.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Page 24 of 24