Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 12:12 PM
Default Teddy bears
One of my other 'creative' is making teddy bears. Can't remember why I started making them, probably a kit or something that I'd been given, but I kind of got hooked They're all either hand sewn or a combination of hand & machine, all fully jointed and I try to give each his/her own personality. Apologies for the quality of the photos - flash on the camera has decided to turn itself off permanently.

One of my first bears:

A bear I've just about finished making for a friend:

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 12:20 PM
They're so cute!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 12:27 PM
They're cute! I used to make teddies some years ago too, used to knit them. I think I still have a half finished one at home, lol.
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 12:47 PM
Those teddies are really cute.
#5 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 12:47 PM
*pretty* i want.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 1:11 PM
Awh. Simply Adorable darling. =D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 2:12 PM
Super cute! I love the lighter one - he looks so cuddly and floppy. :D

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 2:42 PM
Tooo cute! :lovestruc I love the last one!
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd May 2008 at 1:42 AM
Awww, custom teddy bears! I tried to make one once in a distant past. Let's just say, I failed. Much respect for these! :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:33 PM
those are nice, good work
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2008 at 1:40 PM
Thanks everyone

The lighter one is my favourite too...he's now gone to keep a friend company whilst she's in hospital. This is my latest one - quite a bit smaller (only about 6 inches tall) and made out of scraps. Apologies again for the photo quality...camera flash still refuses to work.

Please call me Laura
My Site
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th May 2008 at 6:45 PM
Is it a new camera that you have? I ask because my digital camera has to have about 75% battery power left to use the flash. It is so annoying! My son is 4 months old and we haven't gotten any pictures of him since he was born. I can't believe all the cuteness I've missed! Time to buy a recharger... :sprint:
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th May 2008 at 1:18 AM
Eva - mine is about six years old, so it's probably more a case of it coming to the end of its natural life...I'm sure that manufacturers deliberately design these things to implode after x number of years so that people have to keep replacing them!!!

Please call me Laura
My Site
#14 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 10:26 AM
They're so cute!

You're very talented
#15 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:05 AM
Beautiful! I'm making plushies since a while but I'll have to try my hand with Teddy Bears too. It's a pity that all the crafts shops are really outside the center of the town I'm living in (and I got my bike stolen in January...=.=°), and that I don't have a sewing machine but I suppose that whit time and patience I'll make it anyways ^.^
Forum Resident
#16 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:22 AM
I LOVE teddybears. They're so cute... I still have on in my bed. Yeah, I'm really childish when it comes to plushies. ^^'

You did a good job on them. I think you really can see some personallity in them.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:31 AM
Your bears are gorgeous Laura!

Quick question? Are all us beary people allowed to show off our lil' ones here, or is it just for you.
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone :D

Skylark - go for it. I'd love to see yours!

Please call me Laura
My Site
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 1:35 PM
Thanks Laura!

Here is my most recent baby: Bierre Le Pouf! He sits at about 8.5cm tall and stands at about 13cm (if you do not count the extra height added by his extreme poofiness).

BTW Laura, on re inspection it looks like your bear for your friend is made from Australian synthetics, is it? I LOVE that stuff, its so soft and huggable!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 6:06 PM
Well, I hope the two of you set up online shops so I can buy some of these. I seriously want all of these bears!
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:04 PM
Thanks simsample...they are terribly addictive I only let myself make them for other people, or I'd have a whole roomful of them. About the only ones I've kept are my early bear (the first one up above) and the little one, who is just the right size to sit about my desk and guard my reference library.

Skylark, your bear is just gorgeous

The bear for my friend is a synthetic 'razzle'. And yep, very soft and huggable - I love them too. I would love to do a 'proper' bear in mohair, but I can't afford the stuff! Maybe soon... I got offered a job yesterday - pretty well out of the blue - and accepted it on the spot.

Next project is trying to find a way to do a donkey reasonably cheaply for the shelter I am involved with.

Please call me Laura
My Site
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 6:31 AM
Thank you SimSample! *blushes* I would love to, but I never seem to hang onto my bears long enough these days to make enough to set up a shop. My friends tend to snap them up before I make them! But if people contacted me privately i could maybe look into doing a private commission or 2 when I have time.

Laura, the price of mohair is why I tend to stick to miniatures! But Australian synthetics make me seriously consider trying out bigger bears too!

As for your donkey - I don't want to hijack the thread, but PM me and I can help brainstorm! Depending on the size, you may want to check out the upholstery section of your local fabric shop. Fuzzy fabrics for cheap! But quality does range wildly...
#23 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:51 AM
Oh my, I love all of these!! Keep it up!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 9:07 PM
Ya know what, I think that's a great idea Simsample, you two should create on online shop and sell your bears, I want one, I'm not afraid to admit I sleep with a Teddy but he isn't near as pretty as those. I like Bierre Le Pouf the most :D

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Alchemist
#25 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 9:10 PM
These Teddies are adorable! I love the yellow bear in the first post he looks soft and cuddly.
Page 1 of 2