Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Helptato
#176 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:03 PM
Gorgeous lot Kanzen!!

Think I'll take you up on a drink Petro! Something tropical, please!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#177 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:30 PM
Grrr..... Tried to run Sims 2 last night and it decided not to read the cd... AGAIN... It's a securom issue because the CD is seen fine on any computer that doesn't have sims2 installed. The cd/dvd on my computer is a burner cd and it's not worked for Sims 2 since I installed Sims 2. It works for any other cd. Very annnoying. Their 'securom copy protection' is preventing me from playing the game. I used to have it on a non burning, portable cd player but my hubby 'borrowed' it kind of permanently and now does not remember that he took it or where he put it.

So, I took my software to work today and made an ISO virtual image of the Mansions and Gardens game disc and will see if I can get my computer to look at that instead of the cd when it loads. If not, I'll have to quit before I start. :/
Mad Poster
#178 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:36 PM
M&G is a DVD, not a CD. I've found that makes a difference.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Helptato
#179 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Grrr..... Tried to run Sims 2 last night and it decided not to read the cd... AGAIN... It's a securom issue because the CD is seen fine on any computer that doesn't have sims2 installed. The cd/dvd on my computer is a burner cd and it's not worked for Sims 2 since I installed Sims 2. It works for any other cd. Very annnoying. Their 'securom copy protection' is preventing me from playing the game. I used to have it on a non burning, portable cd player but my hubby 'borrowed' it kind of permanently and now does not remember that he took it or where he put it.

So, I took my software to work today and made an ISO virtual image of the Mansions and Gardens game disc and will see if I can get my computer to look at that instead of the cd when it loads. If not, I'll have to quit before I start. :/

My M&G disc gave up the ghost recently too...think in my case it was just because it's old and very well loved. Ended up making the big switch onto Ultimate Collection.

In terms of my entry, I gave up on the one I was building and ended up starting again. Yay!

Emma!

Simblr
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#180 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
M&G is a DVD, not a CD. I've found that makes a difference.

My computer has a CD/DVD burner. I was being sloppy when writing details.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:25 PM Last edited by gazania : 8th Feb 2018 at 5:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
spectacular work @kerri191, it looks totally different from your first attempt. I suggest you play-test a clone so you can spot problems and fix them early.

meanwhile, I'm testing my lot for any routing problems or general glitchiness. While it's a good idea to provide doors for your employees, (I intend to use this lot as a business in the future) it's kinda annoying when played as a regular community lot.
I should probably delete those doors.

The thing that saved my sanity was Pescado's employee controller thingie. It looks like a burglar alarm. Let me try finding it ... it's in a good chunk of my community lots that have restaurants, and I can at least pull out the name ....

Time to play the lottery. No one was actually on the gaming computer right now! It's called Fishman Weapons Systems ... "Authorized Personnel Only":

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7707.0

While I might have had an unauthorized Sim sneak in there until I activate the alarm, there are far, far fewer Sims sneaking in there! And it can be hidden nicely behind a cabinet or closet with move_objects.

To be honest, I haven't used it for anything else OTHER than to keep Sims out of a kitchen, so I can't vouch for all features. I was getting pretty darn annoyed when I had Sims strip naked and give themselves a bath in a hotel's kitchen's sink, even though there were perfectly usable bathrooms for them throughout the hotel. I am no expert, but that hardly sounds sanitary!

As for my lot ... I thought I was moving along nicely. Not quite.

I want this lot to be able to connect to other lots, with no spaces. Since so, so many noodle stands/informal Asian establishments seem to be simple storefronts, I wanted to incorporate that and put it in a strip-mall setting. I realize that it was pretty darn silly of me to fight it .... rarely do I NOT see this, either here or abroad. This is not a high-end place.

I've done strip malls before. This is going on an end so I can incorporate SOME sort of fancy flower and plant stuff and doodads and pretty things up somewhat, since a plain strip mall store in a contest seems pretty ... well ... understated.

Some problems with Lot Adjuster because of items so close to the cutoff line. Fixed those. Put in the dummy level to accommodate the top of the food stand; otherwise, it can stick out, even with Michele's stands (which make things much easier). Done. Put in a top facade. Done. I know you have to do all this BEFORE you shrink; otherwise, you won't be able to do the tiles that are right against the edge of the lot.

Now I can't shrink the lot. I think it doesn't like either the dummy roof, the facade, or both. Back to the drawing board to see how I can work this! I will probably have to build a dummy store nearby for a background in pictures, too.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#182 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:25 PM
My lot is near its final stage, I'm satisfied with how it looks now. I'll probably post my entry during the weekend. Entries so far have been great, I'm afraid that mine won't be up to par with them!
Mad Poster
#183 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 8:21 PM
Tropical Cocktails are ready!
Screenshots
Helptato
#184 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

I'll take them both!

Emma!

Simblr
Mad Poster
#185 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

Mmmmm! I'll take the orange one (it's mango. right?) LOL!

I was hoping to get mine posted today but...

On our morning walk darling daughter MAY have broken her foot - unless it turns purple, there is no way I'm taking her in (she's a special kiddo and is convinced they will amputate if we have to go to the hospital) The pain is right above the big toe ball-joint on the top/instep side of her foot - so, even if it is a slight fracture, I don't think there's much they can do about it except tell her to stay off it/elevate it/ice it/and ibuprofen the pain away... Which we are doing.

Then later, while picking up a 25 lb bag of kitty litter at the grocer's something gave way in my lower back. *sigh* DD and I are both on ibuprofen now.

Anyway - the lot is done, pictures are took, I just need creative mojo to hit me so I can write up the presentation. Petro, I'll have another. Thanks!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#186 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
@gazania
thank you! I definitely do not want naked sims in my restaurant kitchens or behind the counters or anywhere at all!!!

owww CatherineTCJD that sounds horrible, have you tried Salompas healing pads? Its good quick relief for the back at least.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#187 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
You are all so early with your entries and mine is still in the very early stages!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Top Secret Researcher
#188 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
You are all so early with your entries and mine is still in the very early stages!

I had to do mine quickly because I'm away. I hope to spend far more time on the next entry!
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:16 PM
Forgive me if I'm intruding, but is it still possible to jump in as a play-along? I'm looking to flex my building muscles and diversify some of the buildings in my hood, and these things are so inspiring.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#190 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:57 PM
Yes I will add you after supper
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine

I've got a lot of assignments due for school in the next few weeks, so I wanted to make sure I definitely got it in before the deadline. At the moment, I have an exam to study for, a lesson plan to prepare about a maths lesson, and a paper to write on children's literature. I'm swamped, and I added this because I am apparently a masochistic monster. *shakes head at self before grabbing a drink from the juice bar and cracking the books*

AKA. Anora Acadian
Forum Resident
#192 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:46 AM
*raises hand* my mom's going to a friend's wedding so I'll be managing our business while she's gone.
gotta curb my "sorry guys something came up I have to go in the middle of the contest" issue. turning it in early should do it ^^ anyways I can always edit the entry until the deadline in case I forgot or wanted something.
Instructor
#193 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:51 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 10th Feb 2018 at 4:29 AM.
Ok here is mine..and don't be to kind I want the honest truth lol..This is a playalong..

I messed up on the picture size so now having to redo them..

It's a Japanese Restaurant..in the hills of "Takemizu Village" 2 story..first floor has 2 seating for tea..2 bathrooms and a seating area to watch the fish/seahorses in a large aquarium..second story is a restaurant..one large table and 4 seats at a bar, also has open concept kitchen and an Impresso Express-o-Matic Bar..I tried to get more tables but the tables I used wasn't working..so with the money I had left to spend had to put just one large table.. since I have way to many pictures 27 to be exact lol..I am going to use the ones with my sim in it..

Top Secret Researcher
#194 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:04 PM
Looking good. I love those twisty trees.
Upload your pics, get the url of each one and attach them using the img tag. All but the first pic should be between the spoiler tags [ spoiler ] .... [ /spoiler ] (without spaces in between the square brackets).
Instructor
#195 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:06 PM
Thank you yavannatw..

but not sure what the img tag is???

I use Imgur
Top Secret Researcher
#196 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
Thank you yavannatw..

but not sure what the img tag is???

I use Imgur

Click on the little picture icon when you edit or post - automatically puts [ IMG ] ... [ / IMG ] on each end of URL.
Instructor
#197 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:12 PM
Where it says insert image??
Mad Poster
#198 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:17 PM
Default Round 1 Entry ~ Restaurant ~ Mountain/Country
Several years ago my alter-sim-ego, Cat, thought maybe she should try camping. So she went to Three Lakes and dutifully set up her tent ...in the heat of Summer, with all the mosquitoes, high humidity, heat, buzzy bugs, no air-conditioning, swarms of other campers ...and nothing to do but sweat. Well, long story short - she built a dock/diving platform for the campground's inaccessible lake - and ended up really loving the area! In fact, she loves it so much, she spends most every free weekend up there, and has talked several of her friends into buying places in the area.

When she saw the Wanderlust Contest advert in Sim-Builders Quarterly, she knew exactly what she must do. She called her long time pal David, a closet gourmet, and told him of "Trails End" - a derelict 70's dive that stands, oddly enough, at the trailhead of the Simpelation Trail (in Three Lakes.) They pooled their resources and bought it immediately. The Grand Opening is this weekend - Come join us!

After they cleared away most of the detritus, the first thing they did was add on the back decks. David claims he wants people to come for the view - and stay for the food Cat keeps telling him he's the best chef she's ever met; maybe after opening night, David will gain some confidence! Anywho... as they were finishing up the lower deck the Fire Marshall dropped by. I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say - the interview did NOT go well. Apparently said Marshall closed the last business here because the then owner refused to put in adequate bathroom facilities. (Something about there being lots of trees in the woods)
Well, while Cat was searching for an appropriate place to add such facilities, she found a hidden panel under the staircase that lead to a basement area - perfect for a few bathrooms. And, what do you think they discovered down there? Nine cases of Ol' Jimmie's Rot Gut Cider - at least that is what's scribbled on the side of the crates. The bottles are unmarked, the liquid is a clear amber color, and they're sealed with heavy wax. The first bottle will be opened at the Grand Opening - $100 a shot - come celebrate with us!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#199 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:53 PM
Well that spoiler didn't work..it showed everything including the Img at each end..

Beautiful restaurant CatherineTCJD
Mad Poster
#200 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:19 AM
[sp oiler] Type your words here [/sp oiler]
Cut-n-paste that ^^^
Take out the space in "spoiler", and add your words in the middle.

If you click the "Go advanced" button below, then scroll to the bottom, you'll see there's a place to upload your images - then you don't have to use Imgur - and your images will be available as long as this site lasts (for ever, hopefully!)
Once you've uploaded your images, open each image in a new window (right click the thumbnails) and get the image url from your browser. Copy that (Ctrl - C)
Click the little "insert image" icon at the top of your post editor and paste the image url into the pop-up box. (Ctrl - V)

It's confusing at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 8 of 59