Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1651 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan

Also, all of those "hey, want to go to the opera with me?" and "hey, let's go to this party!" calls my sims get from random acquaintances? Not sure how those are supposed to go normally, but in my game they only occur a few hours before a festival starts and would end up being at the same time as that festival - if agreeing to go actually did anything at all. Should there not be something, some kind of option or at least a hint as to where to send your sim for this?
Anyway, I'm through with festivals I think, it is actually more fun to send my sims to the restaurants on dates or just to learn the "experimental" recipes so far - actually, is there really no way to get those recipes without having to make your sim eat all those things at the restaurant?

The invitations to operas and festivals have not worked for a lot of people, although there is a fix available... in the form of a mod. Basically all they were was rabbit hole events that your sim would get a moodlet for. I know, I was so confused when that came out. 10 or 8 pm would roll around and nothing would happen?! Where do I go, what do I do!?

Here they are: http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mod...rossstadtleben/ City events and City events version 2... page is in german, youll have to translate unless you can read it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1652 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
The invitations to operas and festivals have not worked for a lot of people, although there is a fix available... in the form of a mod. Basically all they were was rabbit hole events that your sim would get a moodlet for. I know, I was so confused when that came out. 10 or 8 pm would roll around and nothing would happen?! Where do I go, what do I do!?

Here they are: http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mod...rossstadtleben/ City events and City events version 2... page is in german, youll have to translate unless you can read it.

Ooooh, thank you thank you! I'll check it out for sure (maybe my rudimentary school german from a lifetime ago will help XP).
Scholar
#1653 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 7:14 AM
Depends on the festival, though.There are non-rabbithole ones, like the spices festival, or the fun and hijinx festival, geek con, stuff like that. I usually don't bother with the rabbithole ones, because, well, they're not very interesting: your sim disappears for a couple of hours and comes back with a moodlet. Whop-de-do. But the ones that actually happen in a neighbourhood square can actually be useful. Like you can learn a couple of new recipes there that aren't available otherwise in the spice festival. Or in the fun one you can get a mike and 500 simoleons for just going around telling jokes and making friends in the process, which honestly is what I'd be doing anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#1654 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
The flea market I did twice, and despite having two sims tending one table and one of those painting stands, not a single sale either time. Lots of interested sims gathering to gawk at my sims, but no sale. Huh, now that felt pointless.
.... SNIP

It's a known bug that I hoped would be fixed this latest patch but it wasn't They look but don't buy anything off a yard sale in events or home lots.
Maybe next patch...

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#1655 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:37 AM
Big news!

My son Lorcan, got engaged to Sofia Bjergsen

Then they moved to a bigger lot (same house) in Brindleton Bay. Lorcan is excited to be part of this fishing community. They tied the knot at the wedding arch near the docks. Then they woohoo'd in the lighthouse. He wanted to marry her, but he was feeling especially pressured because Sofia's little sister Elsa had gotten married (to Kristopher) two years prior when she was still a teenager. They decided that they wanted to try for a baby pretty much right away.
Lab Assistant
#1656 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 1:37 PM
Well... the game patched. Since then custom counters, tables etc won't place due to a script fail. Yada yada... love EA. BUT!!! NONE of my adult sims are able to take care of babies or toddlers. They even go so far to dispose of them like garbage. Kid you not. The father of my new family took his toddler into the woods.. LEFT HER THERE. Why? because he couldn't teach her anything. Nada! Can't potty train them, can't teach them Lucky to be able to feed them half the time. Usually they get repossed by child services because they stink or are just so sad from some sort of neglect. But the whole Hansel and Gretel routine happened and I couldn't even force him to go back to get her. Sad sad state my Sims are in. Happening in every household.... so very sad. The poor children My orphanage must be packed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scholar
#1657 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cozmicrain
Well... the game patched. Since then custom counters, tables etc won't place due to a script fail. Yada yada... love EA. BUT!!! NONE of my adult sims are able to take care of babies or toddlers. They even go so far to dispose of them like garbage. Kid you not. The father of my new family took his toddler into the woods.. LEFT HER THERE. Why? because he couldn't teach her anything. Nada! Can't potty train them, can't teach them Lucky to be able to feed them half the time. Usually they get repossed by child services because they stink or are just so sad from some sort of neglect. But the whole Hansel and Gretel routine happened and I couldn't even force him to go back to get her. Sad sad state my Sims are in. Happening in every household.... so very sad. The poor children My orphanage must be packed!

Your counters and tables need to be patched using Sims 4 Studios. That'll fix it. If you're unsure how to do that, I'm happy to answer. It's a pain but at least theres a fix.
Lab Assistant
#1658 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:58 PM
Your counters and tables need to be patched using Sims 4 Studios. That'll fix it. If you're unsure how to do that, I'm happy to answer. It's a pain but at least theres a fix.

Will this fix the issues with toddler's too? Could use help. I don't even know what Sims 4 Studio is. I guessed it was like SimPE for Sims 2 and 3? I haven't played this version very much because it was such a jump backwards from Sims3 when it comes to content. I liked the swatch option in Sims3 so much better for textures patterns and colors etc. So please tell me how to fix. Thank you so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scholar
#1659 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cozmicrain
Will this fix the issues with toddler's too? Could use help. I don't even know what Sims 4 Studio is. I guessed it was like SimPE for Sims 2 and 3? I haven't played this version very much because it was such a jump backwards from Sims3 when it comes to content. I liked the swatch option in Sims3 so much better for textures patterns and colors etc. So please tell me how to fix. Thank you so much.

It should fix any "script fail" errors you have regarding CC that was made prior to updates. Here is the website http://sims4studio.com/board/6/down...io-open-version download the version for either MAC or PC, which ever kind you have. (I have a PC so I use the Wishes version). I'll PM you some instructions instead of putting it here. You will need a forum account, its quick and easy, then download and install.
Mad Poster
#1660 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 12:20 AM
A while back I got the Parenthood and Cool Kitchen Stuff packs and now I suddenly realized that I should have set aside time to play with my sims. I guess tomorrow is another day in the office chair.

The last time I played, I was getting familiarized with the set up and new objects.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1661 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:17 AM
Okay so I have been following the Sim Supplies extreme homeless challenge. I decided to create a new sim who looks like all my other male sims because I always apply my beauty standards to male sims oh well idgaf

Except he has heterochromia courtesy of Kellyhb5 http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=593550 Although I did end up lightening the brown eye to better "match" the green eye.

Anyway...His name is Ewan and he's actually living on a seperate save from all my other sims. But here is the thing about that save. It's actually very old save of my current game, dating back to when I started playing TS4. So my old self sim and her husband are there with their untweaked appearances! So many of the original townies and families are there as well, many of the premades I did use as spouses for in-game born sims are still kids and teens...it's like going back in time, in an alternate reality. Cool!

So in my other save, Jade Rosa of Partihaus has been married forever to Henry and had six kids with him. But in the old save with Ewan...

They met in almost the exact same circumstances as Henry did with her in that alternative save.

He could only earn money via busking. The violin he 'fished' in the pond in Oasis springs.

Sometimes your only audience...

He earned enough money to start his own business. There he was able to sell the stuff in his inventory as well as paintings. He earned painting skill by painting street murals when he was homeless. We were supposed to sell stuff at the flea market but if you're watching Sim Supply's Extreme Homeless challenge you'll know that the flea market table is glitched so basically opening a business is the only option. Basically sims won't browse or buy your stuff at the flea market.

He built a rundown shack on his business so now he has a place to sleep and shower. He's still basically homeless, but he's on his way up. He wants to propose to Jade, but he wants a life he can be proud to share.

He decided it was time to clean up his image (I actually liked his image but whatever!) and look a little more clean cut.

My eventual goal, besides getting him married to Jade, is to get enough money so he can afford to live in the boathouse that I downloaded here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604495

It's over 160,000 Simoleons and he's at about 12,000 so we've got a loooong way to go....
Mad Poster
#1662 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 4:35 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 31st Dec 2017 at 9:42 AM. Reason: Clarification
I made my parents, myself and our cat, Gemini.

Hmm, I wonder if the simself living with Dana Carvey, the simself married to Grant Imahara and has sextuplet sons, and the simself living at home with her parents were to meet in the same room? I could imagine the universe collapsing in on itself. (They live in the same neighborhood)

I moved the other simselves of myself to different worlds and the only one left is the young adult living with her parents, who are in their early elder years (I really think having the age stages of Preteen and Middle Age would be helpful. IRL, my parents had me in their mid 20s and I'm currently 30 but look younger than what people think 30 should look like)

Anyway, I was dumb enough to listen to the voice taunting me with "What's stopping ya?" and I put Alice Cooper into the game. Currently he's visiting my simself and he's pretty enthralled with Gemini, my cat in the sushi costume. (Wasn't easy putting it on, she raises welts like nobody else and required me to find really large bandages)

If I had a good screen shot, you can get a good idea of what Gemini looks like. She has a white mustache, but IRL it isn't a true handlebar.

12/30/2017, 19:22

With Alice Cooper staying permanently, Gemini, being Talkative, Frisky and Spoiled is playing games with Alice. I remodeled the house to provide him a separate bedchamber and bathroom.

Alice Cooper had been trying to reach out to my simself, but any romantic advances were met with him hiding in his bedroom under the comforter. Yes, I am a tough customer. It's been recently I stopped falling for whoever is on my mind and actually think through with my judgment. Alice is nice, but he is still a guest in my simself's house. He has to endear himself to my family if he wants to see me smile.

Oh, and Vladistlav (?) Straud (the vampire) was hitting on my mother via text. Funny, I didn't know he was a Maxis-made Sim. Guess that's my daily "Now I Know".

Tune in next time for "As The Plumbob Spins"

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#1663 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:13 PM
Ewan and Jade_Alternate_Universe got married!

They also moved off of the business lot and onto Ewan's property. He built a one room shack. Hopefully she won't get pregnant because that is no way to raise a child. Also you'll notice I changed Ewan's hair back to the Cats and Dogs Man bun and then the beard, because I think its more him, suits him and it's nice to have a sim that looks a little different from what I tend to prefer. He still looks great to me.

Anyway... I hadn't been simming for the last few days because my PC needs a new power supply. THe power supply is generic, cheap and it's faulty so it's causing my PC to randomly reboot. Now that I've got a proper diagnosis its just a matter of waiting for the holidays to end (nothing is open) so I can go out and get one. I've got a friend who will install it for free for me, which is great because the nearest PC repair shop charges 69$/hour...! Also, if any of you EVER have PC issues you can't resolve I highly recommend the techies at the Geeks to GO forum, they help for free. You just have to be pretty good at following instructions.
Forum Resident
#1664 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:52 AM
I've just been emotionally traumatized by NieR: Automata. Now I'm trying to cure myself by making all the characters wash dishes in TS4 instead of asking deep questions about the meaning of existence
Mad Poster
#1665 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:36 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:54 AM.
Somehow after kicking Alice out, my mother in her elder years is starting to flirt with random male neighbors. She hit on Jamie Hyneman, who lives in that part of Newcrest and eventually, she hit on my crush, Dana Carvey. Unfortunately, my simself is hiding in bed, crying out her problem. The cat Dana brought with him (he moved into the house in Alice's place) fell asleep in the bathroom belly side up. I recently realized I made a mistake while creating Gemini: the real Gemini is female and the TS4 one is male. But I dressed Gemini in an orange collar with a bell and an orange shirt. It's a reference to a project to return stray collared cats to their owners: the orange denotes they are indoor only cats.

In any case, my father in TS4 has not found out my mother is hitting on the men in Newcrest. Weird part is: she has the Unflirty trait, making it all the more aggravating. She gets upset at my simself's PDA but doesn't bat an eye hitting on Jamie or Dana. That seems pretty buggy.

Lab Assistant
#1666 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 12:07 AM
a Pancake legacy! Bob and Eliza had twin girls and are expecting another baby soon!

you and me together, we were gemini feed
Forum Resident
#1667 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:40 AM
I haven't played the game in a little while because work.

TL:DR Most of my game time is in CAS exclusively for a reason

Megan And Darius Relinking for convenience and for names because I forgot to say.
But I have no gameplay pictures because I'm really bad at recognizing screenshottable moments. Someone teach me your ways.

So in my last post, I mentioned that they were a married couple, and they hated each other. But then afterwards I decided that was too tame, so now they're super poor, live in a shack and Megan is pregnant...and they STILL hate each other!
Regret!

It was such a pain to play their household. If I didn't manually make them have nice interactions they'd start screeching at each other the moment I left them alone. I was hoping to have them get along by the time the babies (twins )were born but then, she lost the pregnancy from a miscarriage mod I forgot I even downloaded. And was slapped with a 7 day +100 sad moodlet. For that entire week I got nothing relationship related done. I kept Darius out of the house because he would just start mean interactions while she just moped, you don't kick a woman while she's down man...

So after that period was over, I zoomed through their crappy relationship, got to -20 and there was a waterfall of good interactions so, they recovered on their own and woohooed, got pregnant (more twins) again. But I accidentally deleted the moodlet for the pregnancy and apparently...the moodlet is really integral to the process...? She just stayed pregnant forever somehow until I had to manually end it. But then finally, they had one (1, uno) daughter; Helen.
She ended up with the wild (sp?) trait after aging to toddler. They have a very small house in the corner of a VERY big lot, so she'd run out of the house and I'd go looking for her and find her on the other side of the lot running around naked. It was cute, 10/10 would raise a toddler again (a lie).

Then karma got it's kiss for me on their next pregnancy, they had triplets. I saw it in MCCC but I let it go, because this wasn't really supposed to be a legacy anyway and I wanted to see what they looked like. But I shouldn't have because it was the WORST experience I have ever had playing this game.

I have a mod that lets adults get teen jobs, they have inexpensive appliances and they fix everything that breaks, but they don't do any activities (writing,painting,fishing,collecting etc). The only way they earn money is by going to work. Both work for about 4-5 hours for almost nothing... I had to expand the master bedroom to fit Helens bed, then expand it again to fit 3 bassinets.
I've never played a household that doesn't have starter money + atleast 1 sim working a normal job + a house with enough room. So this cleaned them out pretty much. I resisted the urge to make it easier on myself like I always do. +100 tense.

I had them quit their part time jobs and join the work force to make up for it (Megan in Business, Darius in modded military). But they happened to start on a day where neither of them worked the next day, and then Megan went into labor the day after that. She had 2 boys and 1 girl. Jamaal, Greyson and Amira all cutie pies and all randomly named! But those 3 baby days were terrible. Since everyone slept in the same room, when they cried (in a row lol) everyone woke up. Darius worked nights and made the most money so I had him nap on the couch so he wouldn't be grumpy, Helen (now a child) couldn't help so Megan woke up every few hours to take care of them. Hired a nanny once and he was useless...

I actually felt myself getting angry every time they cried. I was so glad when they aged up.
I can send them to daycare for 6 hours everyday (mod), and I usually time it so they'd come back at night , they run into the house crying. First crowding around their sisters bed and then crying to their parents waking everyone up. Still cute, very annoying. Thank god toddlers can get food on their own now. My food doesn't spoil so I just leave plates out and they eat when they feel like it. I had Megan take family leave because it's was just...a lot. They earn skill levels at daycare luckily, because neither of their parents had time to teach them anything. Helen got all the lovin'.

I was burned out a little so I played another family until they aged to teen (I know big skip, but...it was rough). Had a peek at their genetics while I was making them over.
Their parents already look a bit similar (especially with the nose preset) but I think they got enough of each of them. I gave both parents Maxis hair styles so their hair color could pass on properly None of the children got black hair like their pops, Helen, Jamaal and Greyson are brunette, while Amira is blonde. Weird, but an acceptable compromise.

Helen, Amira, Jamaal, and Greyson. Ordered by age! Don't downvote me for their names I pressed the randomize button through a veil of my own pre-frustrated tears.
The babies

Helen is still a teen as well since the lifestage is really long. Since i'm back at it I can't wait to see what annoying phases they're all going to go in at the same time!

FOR THE HORDE
Lab Assistant
#1668 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:14 PM
Sorry I don't have pictures.

Bob and Eliza are doing well after they divorced. They became boyfriend and girlfriend, and then they got engaged! I'm going to wait a little for the wedding.
Timmy Pancakes aged up to a child, is almost a teen, and is a social butterfly, with a maxed social skill and he is working on charisma. He can't wait to start dating his crush and best friend, Pamela Oakley. (Because I have some screwed up settings in MC Command Center, she actually got married and she's still a teen! I'm going to change that, and if not, I suppose they can have an affair.)
After Bob and Eliza got back together, they had Rory. He is now a toddler and is doing well.
The Pancakes family has moved into a modern mansion. It has 2 big floors, a rooftop, and even a pool! (Ok yes I did use money cheats but they couldn't pay their bills and I used motherlode WHY)
Eliza has made her way in the business career to Assistant to the Manager (level 3), and she's close to getting promoted. Bob just got promoted to Head Caterer.
They now have a dog, Anabel, and a cat, Tiffany.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Scholar
#1669 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:09 AM
I love reading everyone's posts!

As you can tell I love grunge living.

This is no longer a extreme homeless challenge but now a rags to riches challenge.

They adopted a neighborhood stray named Whisper but changed her name to Cleo. Have cat, will find fur in food.

Jade is working in her job as a business tycoon. She's had several promotions. Ewan finally got a job as a painter, but he still sells his paintings on weekends and days off. He can easily make 12000 in a 8 hour shift at his store. Best of all, when Jade has a day off, and he works, she'll run the store for him, and when they both have a day off they'll run it together. It's like having a second employee you can control. Plus you don't have to lose money to pay them since your money is their money.

Jade rings up customers while Ewan paints, but if a second customer needs help, he'll stop painting to help. He's also working on his handiness skill to sell crafted furniture. A child bought one of his stools. I don't think kids are supposed to be able to buy 3000$ paintings? Must be a glitch but I'm not complaining.

THey have over 100,000$ now in reserve but I still have them living like paupers because the home I want them to buy is over 160,000. Although I might just go for the 200,000$ family sized boat house instead... I know a lot of people would just cheat the money so their family can live in the house they want right away but where is the fun in that?!
Forum Resident
#1670 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:20 AM
I just installed the game for the first time on a computer than can handle it!

I made a young adult sim, Kit Taylor, who lives in Oasis Springs. I have her in the business career and she got one promotion. She has family aspiration so I'm trying to find her a husband but she only had one, really awkward, date!

I'm still trying to figure out the game mechanics and all- I never spent much time on sims 3 or 4 because of computer woes, so I have a big learning curve!
Mad Poster
#1671 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:11 AM
Well, it eventually came to that watershed moment in my simself's house.

Bill Nye moved in (He's an elder, Geek, Genius and Clumsy and for the life of me, I couldn't find something resembling his lab uniform) and my simself hit it off great, but my mother shamed Bill for any PDA involving me...so I threw my parents and their indoor only cat Gemini out to live elsewhere. My simself was made in my image and when you have such control to play God, you can rectify any situation in any method outlined

(In case you are curious, Dana is technically older than Bill. Both men IRL were born in 1955, but Dana was born June 2 and Bill was born November 27. I actually was hesitant about building Elders until I found I could customize the body. I actually made Bill after Dana, but I made Dana an Adult.)

In any case, both Bill Nye and my simself are in a boyfriend\girlfriend relationship. Dana has been dealing with the yowling of his prized odd eyed calico Japanese Bobtail (I'm no expert on The Sims 4, but the cat seems to be in heat).

It's actually strange to run a simulation and for everything to fall into place...I hope to sleep well tonight.

Lab Assistant
#1672 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:08 PM

This is no longer a extreme homeless challenge but now a rags to riches challenge.

They adopted a neighborhood stray named Whisper but changed her name to Cleo. Have cat, will find fur in food.

(Quote snipped for brevity) - I love the cat standing right in the middle of the dish. That's certainly realistic
Lab Assistant
#1673 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 3:45 PM

Bob was baking a cake and the cat was standing on the counter, but RIGHT in the bowl. He was pouring sauces on her and it was the weirdest thing ever.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Mad Poster
#1674 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartkinz17
Bob was baking a cake and the cat was standing on the counter, but RIGHT in the bowl. He was pouring sauces on her and it was the weirdest thing ever.

Intersection is a problem in 3D graphics because the laws of physics do not apply well in computers.

I remembered that Pixar constantly fought with intersection in the beginning and shown intersection in action in Toy Story 2 in the opening Buzz Lightyear sequence.

Mad Poster
#1675 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:47 PM
I wish I had taken screenshots of my recent play. I know the C button works, but I usually don't time it right. Maybe tonight I'll catch my simself doing something fantastic as I do something mundane.

Page 67 of 104