Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 9:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Please, check my hoodchecker log
I don't know if there's another (better) category for this.
I used the HoodChecker by Mootilda on my neighbourhood, but I have no idea what the log means.
I want to fix it, but I think the HoodChecker can't fix everything so I want advice first.
It's the genderswapped uberhood I'm using.

Here's the log:

I already made a backup, but how long will it take before I'm absolutly sure that the fixed neighbourhood is oke?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:43 AM
Looking at the GUIDs of those missing sims they'd all be custom NPCs in your downloads folder, ignore any errors relating to them. Hoodchecker won't fix everything and you wouldn't want it to, those missing sims are not really missing and deleting them from the neighbourhood would lead to problems so Hoodchecker will leave them alone. The tombstone related errors means Hoodchecker is likely to open it's Choose Graveyard dialogue when you choose the 'Remove' option so be prepared to choose one.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Looking at the GUIDs of those missing sims they'd all be custom NPCs in your downloads folder, ignore any errors relating to them. Hoodchecker won't fix everything and you wouldn't want it to, those missing sims are not really missing and deleting them from the neighbourhood would lead to problems so Hoodchecker will leave them alone. The tombstone related errors means Hoodchecker is likely to open it's Choose Graveyard dialogue when you choose the 'Remove' option so be prepared to choose one.

So I can safely let hoodchecker fix the things it wants to fix?
I just need to look for a cemetry first so I can move the tombstones there when hoodchecker asks.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:17 PM
i'd reccomend the viper canyon cemetary (its the main hood cemetary in genderswapped uberhood)

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:16 PM

@Chris Hatch
Do you mean "Sim has no Character file: 0x02C0 SimID=0x003BB4B5" or Sim relations to leave alone?
I used HoodChecker to remove the errors and now only this remains when I run HoodChecker again: "Sim has no Character file: 0x02C0 SimID=0x003BB4B5"

I'm going to play now, but with my back up folder. Not with the one after running HoodChecker cause I'm not sure if I did right to run it.

Instructor
#6 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 8:01 PM
I get a lot of the "Sims has no character file". It used to be only one, until I created a medieval hood. The single one was Rebecah's big wheel tricycle. The many I have now are all the animated farm animals. I have a few more of Rebecah's animated bikes now too. Cloned remote control toys would probably show up there too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 4:29 PM

@Chris Hatch
I had some laptop issues that I needed to solve first. So to come back to this:
It's safe to use HoodChecker and press remove when seeing this log?

Field Researcher
#8 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:00 PM
I've been using Hoodchecker for over a year on all default settings, letting it "fix" everything it finds, and I've had NO troubles. Actually, my game is nice and stable.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
I've been using Hoodchecker for over a year on all default settings, letting it "fix" everything it finds, and I've had NO troubles. Actually, my game is nice and stable.

How often do you use it compared how often you play?
I am afraid I would use it too much.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:15 AM
Hoodchecker shouldn't break anything just because you use it a lot. The most I've ever seen it do is report that the neighborhood has no detectable problems.
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
@Chris Hatch
I had some laptop issues that I needed to solve first. So to come back to this:
It's safe to use HoodChecker and press remove when seeing this log?

Yes it is safe. I've done a bit of work with the source code, updating it for A&N because A&N contains sims and memories that Hoodchecker didn't recognise. Hoodchecker will remove sim's relationship with self which is a (minor) problem outside of A&N because it means sooner or later the sim will get that relationship back (it is a normal Maxis thing) and gain a met self memory. Apart from that it doesn't do any harm, it won't remove those unknown sims (so they are safe) and those will always show up in every 'hood. Errors relating to them should be just considered as advise not errors.

None of the errors in that log are 'game breaking' though, if you choose to procrastinate running it until later, after preparing a nice graveyard and making a fresh backup for example it won't matter at all.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
How often do you use it compared how often you play?
I am afraid I would use it too much.
I use it about every three, or four times I play.