Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 7:24 PM
Default Bootcamp, or wait?
With the lack of EP's, I switched over to bootcamp. I think it works much better, and I'm happy I made that decision. Are you still holding out for those last two EPs? Giving up, and going to bootcamp? Or, are you satisfied with what we have now?

potterhead
call me bria
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:16 PM
You know I never thought of doing that. I always played the Sims 2 on my PC. The only Mac Sims2 that's left in Kuwait is an old Nightlife resting in the lower shelves of the Digits store in the Avenues Mall. I do have a program that lets me play Window Games on a Mac but I'm not bothering right now.
#3 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 12:56 PM
I just bought sims 1 for my Mac, since I play on a PC and my hard drive is too little for Sims 2. I love the EPs and everything, but I doubt I could even get the base game on my little 80 gig MacBook. That being said, if I had the space I definitely use bootcamp, since I already have half the EPs in PC format!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 7:07 PM
I use bootcamp on my Macbook
It doesn't take up much room- just make a 30 GB partition.

potterhead
call me bria
Inventor
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 10:03 PM
what's bootcamp?
Scholar
#6 Old 21st May 2009 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
what's bootcamp?

A program that let's you install run windows on you mac.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:22 AM
I'm still waiting for the last EPs to be made available for Mac. My laptop has plenty of space for Bootcamp, but I don't want to pay for a copy of Windows. I've been emailing Aspyr every few months, but they still won't say whether they are in the process of porting Free Time and Apartment Life for Mac. If other people would like to see them available for Mac, I would suggest people email Aspyr. Does anyone have any other ideas how to get these games available on Macs?
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 6:34 PM
I just got off the phone with someone at Aspyr, and she said that "whatever they have is pretty much it." So I think that means Aspyr isn't going to port any more Sims 2 expansion packs because they're focused on The Sims 3. I guess that means it's time to break down and get Bootcamp.