Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 13th Nov 2017 at 3:48 AM
Replies: 157 (Who?), Viewed: 83097 times.
Page 7 of 7
Mad Poster
#151 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woxxey
Adding more Sims to the neighborhood makes me feel like I would ruin everything.
It certainly hasn't ruined it for me! The very first thing I did in The Sims was to add new Sims (teenager Andrew and his mum Gloria) to Veronaville. Soon afterwards I borrowed their names as my user name here. For the first few months I just played my own Sims and then slowly let the pre-mades into the story. Quite a few of the Veronaville townies have also emerged as major characters in my game too. I see it as following the lives of ordinary townspeople in a quite beautiful town that has been blighted for years by a long-running feud between two of its leading families. The old feud is really dying down now as fewer and fewer of the Capps and Montys are committed to fighting each other, but it still flares up occasionally. Never having been a member of a wealthy feuding family myself, I find it easier to identify with the "ordinary" townsfolk. Over the five years I've been playing them, I've come to love the town and its inhabitants so much, that I honestly wish I could move to Veronaville and live with them. It's still far from perfect but we Veronavillians believe we are building a better future.

One of these days I'll write a proper post in this thread about what the pre-mades have been getting up to in our town. I promise!

I do sometimes play other 'hoods.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#152 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:22 PM
I use all the Veronaville Sims in my megahood except the Summerdreams, the Capps and Montys are fighting like always, but all the teens are in the Campus right now living in the Dorms that built their families. And I also create Benvolio to the Monty's family.
Instructor
#153 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Sketching : 13th Oct 2017 at 8:00 PM. Reason: Grammar check
Default The Capps
To be fair, I first stumbled upon VV when I shared the game with a few friends and I was given this hood for myself and I was a complete noob back then so you can imagine the destruction my first VV faced!

As time went on, I realized that I did like some of the sims enough to attempt stories with them but as much as I like the neighborhood layout, I found some of the houses too small for large families and some of the houses too big for smaller households to live in so most of the shipped houses were drastically rebuilt for space. Thank goodness for @Jawusa's empty templates so that I could reuse the edited houses over and over again because cabbage knows how lazy I am when it comes to building!

I know it sounds scandalous but I wasn't as drawn in by VV's canon story as I thought I'd be; I was expecting it to follow the Shakespearean plays more, I suppose, and was wondering why Beatrice and Benedick were siblings instead of lovers and didn't understand who among Consort's children was actually the first-born, among other questions. I'm not a particularly romantic person myself so drama resulting from romantic relationships needed more impact for me to be immersed in the story.

After much trial and error, I finally had an iteration of Veronaville that I actually liked enough though was quite different from how it's shipped given that my first VV was corrupted due to the influx of sims from Pleasantview and Strangetown back when I didn't know any better. It's not exactly an uber or megahood so I opted not to post this in the megahood thread.

First things first - I changed several of their aspirations: since Juliette was supposedly the heir to the Capp family, I turned her into a Fortune sim. It helped that she rolled wants to get a job and perform better in school. Hermia became Popularity, which was based on her strong friendship with Helena in the original play, and Miranda become Knowledge because I thought that she was too nice to be a Romance sim (I have more variety in aspirations now though - this was back when I first started) and I wanted more female Knowledge sims in the hood. I don't remember why I turned Bianca into Romance but this worked well in my favor. Oberon was more of a Pleasure sim to me due to my interpretation of his character in the play, Kent was Popularity (I think it was because of his interests), Antonio became Family for story reasons, and I thought Tybalt fit Family more but decided not to change it just yet for storyline as well.

Next - I appreciate the effort that went through all of their relationships but I wanted something else out of it. I wasn't fond of the feuding families concept in the original play and it didn't work out here either so I completely ignored it. Eventually the 3 main families of Veronaville were divided into 3 separate storylines that didn't have much to do with each other. I have difficulty engaging in large neighborhoods and this was my way of coping with the sheer number of sims. When I learned how to use SimPE, I dragged everyone's relationships to 0 and edited their memories to make it as if the Capps and Montys were never enemies then removed all of the shipped romances.

Be warned - most of what happened next was a result of trying to give the sims a story that appealed and made sense to me, which may not appeal or make sense to anyone.

For the sake of brevity, I decided to jot down about the Capps alone for now. I fear that I can be so long-winded and detailed that I'll end up occupying a whole page to myself just trying to discuss everything in my Verona.

The Capps:
In my head, the Capulets (yes, I renamed them) were a powerful business family that's currently in distress because the original heir, Cordelia (Contessa's favorite child), was incompetent enough that Consort had to take over the company to save it. Goneril longed for her parents' approval but was shunned by them and only agreed to her arranged marriage with Albany in the hopes that it'd win some attention from them to no avail. Regan was slated to inherit the company as she was the most business-astute (is that a word?) of the family yet the fact that neither she nor Cornwall want children was a source of hesitation even for Consort, who favored Regan the most. Kent spent most of his time away from the drama by hanging out at art conventions, plays, and classical concerts, which inspired doubt in Cornwall, who was raised to be a workaholic and blamed Kent for making him believe that there's more to life than the corporate world.

Consort threw himself into his work after Contessa's death. He was unsure about a lot of things and running out of time to think about the future he wouldn't get to see. Regan was his favorite and one of the best entrepreneurs in the company's history yet if she wasn't going to have children, who would they pass the company down to? Juliette was still too young to lead the company but she already had a position in it at least. Tybalt would do good by the family but not for the business with his abrasive attitude, and Hermia had no interest in the company whatsoever. Miranda and Hal were smart but too soft for the world of business and Desdemona would be perfect if she had any interest other than science. Goneril and Kent were completely out of the question. What was he going to do?

Juliette was too busy wanting to be an overachiever that the thought of romance never occurred to her; sure, she's on the student council and an aspiring archaeologist (don't kill me - she kept appearing in the museum I created so the idea popped into existence) yet she had workaholic tendencies and difficulty working with others. Tybalt knew no other way of life other than wanting to make his family proud because he knew that he'd never fit in anywhere else, not with that Capp name blinding everyone to who he really was, including himself. It took me a long time to think of anything up for Hermia but after studying her interests, I decided that she was a Soapbox Sadie of some sort, fighting for just causes and attending secret meetings in dubious basements. She's what Tybalt wanted to be but since he's scared as well, he settled for being overprotective of his more capable sisters instead.

I actually found Goneril's branch the most interesting. Basically, Goneril worked in the Capp company constantly wanting Consort's approval yet was an emotionally neglectful parent herself, unaware that she's repeating the pattern with her own children. Albany wasn't much better - he grew up believing that providing children their physical needs and sending them off to good schools was the sole responsibility of a parent. The kids were mostly just pawns for Goneril and Albany's egos, much to their dismay, and were on a rigid schedule of school and training for the business Miranda and Desdemona could inherit in the future. Hal was pretty much ignored by his parents as he was ineligible for inheritance yet was the heart of the family, whereas Desdemona was a sassy, sharp-tongued aspiring scientist and Miranda was lost in depression and longed for another world so much she practically lived in novels.

Stupidity ensued here - corruption somehow deleted Ariel Capp in my first VV and it's gotten so ingrained in my head that in-story I just cut off her ties with the Capps and sent her to the orphanage, where she developed her own storyline with the Montys.

Regan was the typical Capp workaholic who disapproved of the notion that not having children was a dead end; she donated to schools and orphanages but was in no way interested in having children of her own, much to her father's disappointment. Meanwhile, Cornwall spent more and more time with Kent despite his frustrations with the the latter, and much to his horror, began to develop feelings for his brother-in-law. Kent didn't reciprocate at first but then Cornwall wasn't as bad as he initially thought either...

Yeah, yeah, set-up. What happened next?
The next part is where it all goes a bit crazy. My imagination sometimes gets the better of me trying to make storylines out of corruption, glitches, and random events.

As Juliette took a walk to the park to clear her head after a bad student council meeting, she fell into the pond and was rescued by Angela Pleasant, an orphaned aspiring marine biologist working as the part-time caretaker of the aforementioned pond. Although Juliette started out discussing her hatred of animals and Angela was too shy to say much of anything at first, they eventually became friends. Another accident by the pond at night, however, revealed Angela's secret - she was part Naiad, a supernatural of the sea and hunted down by human authorities, created when her mother visited an enchanted lake during her pregnancy. Still, Juliette wasn't perturbed by this discovery and somehow, that friendship developed into love and they ended up going steady. Juliette paid for Angela's university tuition and they both went off to different universities but maintained a long-distance relationship.

Tybalt and Hermia sensed something off about Angela though and Tybalt constantly argued with Juliette about it, fearing that Angela was going to take advantage of her, not that Juliette cared much for his "paranoia." He sulked off to a bar to cool his head and met Lilith, Angela's troublesome, rebellious twin - sparks flew between them. Unfortunately, Tybalt knew that Consort wouldn't approve of their relationship and he stopped seeing her before he left for university. Lilith was heartbroken though - she still had Dustin Broke and Tank Grunt but Tybalt was special (he was the only one she wanted to go steady with after all). While in university, he fell in love with the bartender, who was a secret government double agent, but they didn't marry until much later.

Hermia herself met this quiet, intimidating fellow at one of her poetry readings - downtownie Orion Tricou, whom she eventually fell in love with as well. The feeling was mutual yet she refused to go steady with him, wondering if that was what she really wanted. Nevertheless, they attended the same university and she reciprocated his want to get engaged and married. She became a lawyer while Orion rose up the ranks in the criminal world, searching for the truth about why his family was killed.

Miranda, wanting adventure in the great wide somewhere, ran away from home, much to Goneril and Albany's frustration. A side note: due to corruption, I somehow had 2 sets of the deceased Tricous running around, one still buried in Gothier Green Lawns and another alive in the House of Fallen Leaves without any connections to the Tricou teens. I chose to leave the ghosts untouched and edited the living ones, randomizing their interests, personalities, facial features, and aspirations, then playing them as the Tricous' AU counterparts - the Lavoisiers.

While I was playing the Lavoisiers, I found Miranda high up in Jennicor's relationship panel and lo and behold, Miranda came knocking at the door in the middle of the night, looking for a place to stay (all the way in SimFrance, apparently). Jennicor's niceness compelled her to say yes and Miranda ended up discovering that the Lavoisiers were vampires. After a deliberation among the family members, they decided that Miranda was allowed to stay but under strict surveillance to prevent the humans from discovering their identities. Fricorith was so nice to her, yet it was Gvaudoin who Miranda gravitated towards.

Goneril slowly fell into a depression, realizing that she had become what she hated, and broke up with Albany, wanting a fresh start and a chance to do right by her remaining children. Hal was receptive but Desdemona wasn't and as soon as Desdemona discovered that she was a witch, moved out to witch university as soon as possible. Hal later fell in love with Ashley Pitts and Brittany Upsnott's inexplicably nice daughter, Felicity Pitts-Upsnott, and they were the most stable couple in the whole neighborhood. Goneril spent the rest of her days working in the winery she built from the ground up, visiting Hal during her free time and handing him the winery when she passed on.

Cornwall and Kent carried on an affair behind Regan's back but Cornwall felt guilty about it and admitted it to Regan... who had actually known all along and just wasn't sure how to approach them about it. They had an amicable divorce and the three of them went their separate ways for a while to digest everything, but Cornwall and Kent eventually moved in and grew old together.

Then, everything changed when the anti-supernatural army faction attacked. The surviving supernaturals fled to the Otherworld, running away from the brutal massacre of the paranormals in the human realm that was conducted in secret. Some families were separated, such as Juliette and Angela, while others were nearly completely eradicated, such as the Specters, Summerdreams, and Lavoisiers. The survivors were then used in an apocalyptic challenge in a subhood of their own, trying to rebuild their society. Meanwhile, most of the humans are blissfully unaware of the horrors that have occurred in the background.

The End
Yeah, I'm sorry for that wall of convoluted text, and that's just for one of the families in VV. I'll leave it here for now but maybe I should divide the post to make it shorter?
Instructor
#154 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:42 PM
I added Veronaville to my medieval 'hood. I added one family to the town to be the kingdom's king and queen. The Summerdream household are high ranking nobles, while the feuding families are low ranking nobles with some of the branches of their families being merchants. Between the setup (done over a couple of weeks to fix wardrobes and remodel houses to fit the time) and yesterday's play, here is the status of the town:

Summerdream:
Oberon and Titania got married quickly, and took the name Gossamer to build a greater variety of surnames in town. Their fairy ancestry hasn't given them any special abilities, but their lives will be longer than those of most sims. Oberon's LTW was rerolled and he's in the education career track now; he's to be the sim collecting funds to build the university and is on the king's advisory council. Titania and Puck are both courtiers, with Titania being best friend of the queen. Puck had a couple of dates with Hermia and they are currently going steady. Oberon taught Puck and Bottom to study, and Puck has started writing a novel; he's got a literature hobby, and wants some skills before going to university. Titania wants a baby, and is pregnant.

Capp (Consort):
I remodeled the house so that the fireplaces were in spots that made sense to me. I also widened the narrow section by two tiles and extended the dining area by two tiles to the front. There are still three bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs, but there is another small room that could be a nursery or office. I got rid of 3/4 of the hedges and flattened the silly trench that they had been sitting in.
Consort surprised me by wanting better relationships with his grandkids. He also wanted skill points for work, so he took up chess and played with Tybalt and Hermia until he was at least friends with them. Tybalt autonomously was nice to Hermia a few times and they are friends, but he kept arguing with Juliet. I think he was just mad that she sneaked out with Romeo once and then had a date with him. Tybalt is off to university the next time I play that house. Juliet asked Romeo to go steady and he accepted; she's head over heels, but I'm not sure about him. The family is a matriarchy; Juliet will be inheriting the house and title unless her relationship with Consort deteriorates - I'm letting that develop autonomously for the most part.

Monty (Patrizio):
This house also got remodeled, but all I did was replace some of the arches with doors and enlarge the room at the back (with the urns) a bit to make a better sitting room. Patrizio tutored Mercutio a bit as he's also off to university soon. Romeo has decided to become an artist and has taken up painting. He rolled a couple of serial romance wants but for now seems content staying with Juliet. He did get into a fight with Tybalt, though. Mercutio is the heir here, and Romeo is glad of that as he doesn't want either the responsibility of continuing the family line or the family business. When I rerolled LTWs, Mercutio came up with marry off 6 kids, so I gave him a family secondary. If he keeps that want, and stays in the current house, the house will need remodeling again. Isabella rolled a want for 20 best friends, so I gave her a popularity secondary. It seems everyone she knows is either family or an enemy, so she'll be focusing on creating close family ties for now.

Capp (Goneril):
This family are merchants, but only Goneril seems interested in earning money right now. I plan to have them own a business, but their interests and hobbies aren't giving my much of a hint about what to do with them. They will have more kids, and their house and funds will be tight. Miranda's want to top the indigent career is likely to cause arguments with her mother, but she autonomously is quite good with her siblings. Albany loves spending time with his kids but he's also mean and they seem to irritate him - I'm not sure where the relationships are going. According to his bio, he loves his children and wants them to love each other, but they seem to do better with each other when he's not involved. While I was setting up the main neighbourhood, he got involved in fights with a couple of the Monty clan on a community lot. I moved them into one of the small Tudor houses and they have only the essential furnishings right now.

Capp (Regan):
I upgraded both Kent and Regan to have graduated university, but Cornwall never went. I plan to have Cornwall and Regan become spice merchants as well as having them in the business career track. Both want to top that career, but not having gone to university, Cornwall is unlikely to get that want. Cornwall and Kent's relationship is deteriorating, mostly because of Cornwall being argumentative. Kent and Regan are close, though. Kent has an interest in science, wants to max 7 skills, and is in the medical career. He has been moved out.

Monty (Antonio):
Antonio lacked the funds to get a house on the Monty side of the river, so the smallest house on that side of town got a handful of mortgage shrubs. Antonio then had his sister Bianca move in to help with the twins and the funds. Both adults were upgraded to have gone to university. Bianca loved playing with her niece and nephew, and taught them to study, but she really wanted to be on her own. She had a want to flirt, so invited Kent over for a date. One flirt, and she was in love and he had a crush. One kiss, and both of them rolled wants to get both engaged and married. They got engaged, and Kent rolled a want to throw a wedding party. After the date ended, I had Bianca move out. The twins were in good moods, but Beatrice really wanted a pet. They didn't have enough money to adopt an adult with any training and children can't adopt strays, so Antonio got Leroy the puppy for her. Antonio wants to become a lawyer, probably to prosecute those he sees as responsible for his wife's death. He can't afford to stop working for the family business, though, so he's hoping to be given some money by his parents. He's working on getting the relationship up - if he becomes best friends with both of them, I'll have them transfer some funds to him and let him quit the culinary career.

Bianca and Kent:
I stuck a number lot of mortgage shrubs around a house and had them move in (I play with no20khandouts). Bianca immediately looked for a job while Kent walked to work, and Bianca ended having her carpool pick her up at mid morning. I got them a wedding arch, a musical instrument/stereo, and a buffet table. When they were both home from work, Kent invited his family (teens and up) and the Summerdreams over for a wedding party while I used the cat teleporter to bring in Bianca's family and the king and queen I had made. Bianca filled the buffet table. Antonio immediately headed toward Kent with the intent of slapping him, but I diverted Kent by having Bianca introduce him to one of her relatives. The wedding ceremony itself went smoothly, aside from the queen doing the smustle in the middle of the crowd of guests. As soon as it ended, Patrizio and Consort had a brawl; I'm not sure which attacked the other. Antonio and Goneril slapped each other, and several other relatives got involved. At one point, they even positioned themselves so that they were in two lines of four, with Monty on one side and Capp on the other and all of them poking, slapping, or shoving. There were a couple of more fights among the guests. The only person who targeted the bride or groom seemed to be Cornwall; he poked his wife's brother more than he went after the Monty family. Isabella and Patrizio had a fight that ended with Patrizio on the ground; Consort seemed proud of his wife and then flirted with her. Kent introduced Bianca to a few of his less belligerent relatives, mostly the teen girls. The party ended at a good time, but it took a bit of a hit when the teens left - I forgot to put in a mod to avoid curfew.
I plan to have Kent and Bianca try to get themselves out of the feud by getting them to no longer be enemies with anyone, but with community lot visits, autonomy, and the fightclub mod that should be challenging. To symbolize their desire to be out of the feud, and possibly to end it, they have blended their last names to create a new surname: Capmon. I'd like for Bianca to become Veronaville's midwife and for Kent to be either a doctor or apothecary. Each family that attended the wedding will be sending them a gift next rotation, and it will probably money in order to clear off some of the mortgage shrubs.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 4:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald123
about 3 years ago I had a veronaville where:
Tybalt and Beatrice got together and had a daughter
regan and cornwall had about 6 kids (nearly all of veronaville had kids)
benedick had kids with Desdemona and Miranda
ariel had kids with Antonio I think so did Desdemona
goneril and Albany had three more kids called Lucian and I forgot the names of the other two
benedick married regans daughter Esmerelda
Bianca and kent probably had 6 kids
romeo Juliette and puck and hermia all got married
antoni was murdered by Desdemona for ruining hers and benedicks relationship
titania and oberon left puck hermia and their twin boys Lysander and Demetrius hen they commited suicide
Tybalt was on the run after killing ariel and Beatrice
Wow! Your Veronaville is even more dysfunctional than mine!!

Me likey!
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 4:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
I fixed all the dead and deleted sims with @Jawusa help on the broken face template and made the "The Beginning of Veronaville" hood for all to play. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=521868
Thanx! I downloaded, and will give it a go!
Field Researcher
#157 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 12:11 PM
@Kunder (i'm emerald123 but i forgot my password so i had to make a new account) thanks after i learned about resetting neighborhoods i then made my simself the allmighty ruler and killed most of the people (i killed the people who actually died in the plays) but eventually the veronaville citizens claimed back there land...with murder of course!

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
Fun Facts:this time i know it's for real is my favorite song
been playing sims since i was like 8 or something
really dumb and scarily realistic in games
Instructor
#158 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:16 PM
Default The Summerdreams
Since I've already written about the Capps, I've decided to continue on with the Summerdreams. Some of the events won't make sense if you didn't read the at least the introduction in my first post, which explains how the set-up takes place, but it's not absolutely necessary.

The Summerdreams:

In Veronaville was a sprawling estate that the villagers avoided - not because its residents were prickly like most of the Capulets, but the exact opposite - they were too nice and had a habit of inviting random passersby in to join their almost nightly parties.

Little did they know, however, was that the head of the house, Titania was a powerful fae and the queen of her people - a close friend of the vampire clan's equally powerful leader, Jennicor Lavoisier, and with connections to many of the supernaturals trying to live peacefully albeit hidden among humans.

While the humans believed that Titania and Oberon were a loving married couple, the truth was that Titania and Oberon's relationship was strained and they were never married at all, which Titania was slowly realizing might be a good thing. She had thought that it was only natural for them to be together given that they both came from long lines of prominent fae and had known each other their whole lives.

And yet Oberon had never felt more of a stranger to her than he did now. He spent most of his time gallivanting around the village playing tricks on unsuspecting townspeople and bewitching women to sleep with him then wiping their memories afterwards. She had turned a blind eye to his behavior since the supernaturals had no concept of official marriages and they never made an agreement to be exclusively together, but she now doubted whether she could spend the rest of her days with him.

Oberon (now a Pleasure sim) wasn't completely oblivious to the tension that had grown between them but he wasn't quite sure how to fix it or if he even wanted to. He had been pushed onto Titania ever since they were children and though he did like her as a friend, he couldn't imagine a life tied down to any one place or person - there were so many things to do, people to see, and humans were just so fun to play with. Okay, he may have had Robin after an affair with another fae but he loved her too much to resent her unexpected arrival. Besides, they were tricksters-in-crime.

Puck had become Titania's ward after his parents left him in the supernatural orphanage to work as spies trying to undercover a rumored plan to eradicated their species. He was an odd duck in the main household - quiet and serious where everyone else was loud and playful, and as much as he loved Titania, he couldn't help but feel lonely anyway. He felt some strange tension between Titania and Oberon but put it at the back of his mind, along with Oberon and Robin's tendency to turn him into their butt-monkey.

Robin, originally named Bottom, was definitely Oberon's daughter for better or worse - pulling pranks on others and causing mayhem wherever she went. In-story she was Oberon's daughter with a random fae because I noticed that she didn't have a high relationship with Titania and during my playthrough they never grew close at all, while she and Oberon were and they constantly talking about a mystery sim so the idea sprung up. Robin somewhat still counts as Titania's ward in a way though.

Events:

While taking a walk out in town to clear her head, Titania bumped into a woman reprimanding a teenager for attempting to steal some vegetables at the market. The boy ran off grumbling, and Titania watched as the woman apologize to the stall owner and try to scrounge up enough money to pay for the produce the boy had dropped onto the ground.

Feeling sorry for the woman and proud of her for refusing to steal despite her circumstances, Titania offered to pay for the ruined vegetables, which the woman was clearly hesitant to accept but did so out of necessity. They went around the market together, and Titania learned that the woman's name was Brandi Broke and that she worked as a dishwasher at a local tavern and went home to a bratty teenage squatter, who they faked as her son so that he wouldn't be carted to the orphanage, and a toddler son she had from an abusive relationship.

(Okay, real talk - corruption severed the Brokes' ties to each other and I had no idea that Dustin was supposed to be Brandi's son, and it was fuelled by the fact that by default game mechanics, she was too young to be his mother, so in-story they're unrelated.)

Over time, Titania and Brandi became best friends and, seeing Brandi's cooking skills in action, Titania decided to hire the latter as a personal chef at the Summerdream residence. Dustin balked at the offer to move in with the Summerdreams, believing them to be a bunch of hedonistic upper-class snobs, but Brandi and Beau accepted the hand and moved in with them.

Consort, who seemed to be fond of Titania despite their contrasting personalities and lifestyles, confided in her that Miranda, one of the potential heirs to the Capulet family fortune, had gone missing. He had no idea that the Summerdreams were supernaturals with the means to track her down, but Titania was touched that he trusted her enough to tell her directly instead of having to find out through the news. It was enough for her to bring it up with Oberon and for Puck and Robin to overhear their conversation.

Puck took a liking to Brandi, much to Titania's delight, but he unfortunately had feelings for an aspiring dancer, fae Harper Ligea, who was romantically involved with the future leader of a werewolf pack. Although Harper wasn't in an offical relationship with Tiave, nobody wanted to risk his ire either, and Puck wasn't going to start even though all three of them were good friends. Puck was also curious about Miranda's whereabouts; although he had thought of Hermia Capp as interesting, he couldn't deny that he was also intrigued by Miranda, the quiet girl who had a hidden edge of steel (since I loosely based her characterization on The Tempest) as he heard her once speak up against the possibility of a supernatural genocide. It was a welcome difference from the anti-supernatural sentiment he unfortunately heard from Hermia.

Robin was having her own problems as well - as much as she wanted to be friends with Desdemona Capp, the one interesting person in the world of her age (at least to her, because Robin doesn't like boring people), the latter barely noticed her unless they played chess together. On an impulse, Robin suddenly blurted out to Desdemona that she could help her find her sister and accidentally revealed the Summerdreams' true identity as fae. Nervous yet excited, she showed Desdemona around the fae realm, which had a hidden entrance in the Summerdream estate. All was well until they bumped into wolf and Desdemona was so startled by its appearance that she somehow accidentally cast a spell to move it away from her, which also resulted in blasting her a few feet away.

This caused some turmoil that was somewhat of a parallel to Miranda's own experience with the Lavoisiers as word of the incident swiftly caught Oberon and Titania's ears. Oberon lectured Robin about the dangers of bringing humans into the realm, though Robin retaliated that it was useless since Desdemona turned out to not be human at all, which was a whole different issue that Titania was discussing with Desdemona.

Titania wasn't exactly pleased by the events; not only was Desdemona nearly killed in their domain, they had just found out that she was a witch of all things. It opened up several concerns and not just about the girl herself. To have a witch in a non-magical family that had shown no previous signs of supernatural lineage was rare but now the issue was that, since it was unlikely that the Capps knew about it, it would be perilous to send Desdemona back. Titania remembered how Puck's parents had been killed by the anti-supernatural faction after being exposed using their abilities and didn't want the same for the girl. She briefly wondered whether Miranda might not have actually run away but was killed or kidnapped for a hidden witch lineage.

Titania and Oberon talked amongst themselves about it and decided on having a friend, Good Witch Samantha Cordial, train Desdemona to control her powers effectively in the guise of art lessons at the Summerdream residence. It took a while to convince Goneril about the idea since she wasn't sure if it was safe to leave Desdemona with such an eccentric family, but they did have connections to several renowned personalities that Desdemona might use to their advantage so she consented.

After Goneril and Desdemona left, Oberon watched as Titania dote on Brandi and Beau and felt an inexplicable smidgen of jealousy. He and Titania had no agreement to be exclusive to one another and she even knew about his numerous dalliances (she knew about Robin and helped raise her, after all) - so why was he suddenly angry with her? (Yes, I decided to incorporate a bit of Midsummer Night's Dream here.) Wanting to get his mind off serious matters and not wanting a fight with Titania, he went off to the human world and literally bumped into one of the local nurses, Jenny Curious. He didn't think much of her at first, but she was so nice and well, it seemed that she didn't have much of a problem woohooing with him at first either out of loneliness. Oberon wasn't the only one getting some action, however. While he was away, Titania acted upon her growing feelings for Brandi, who reciprocated, and they spent the night together (both of these pairings were autonomous but I liked them enough to run with it).

Somehow, Oberon started seeing Jenny on a regular basis, a stark difference from his usual habit of sleeping with human women and leaving them without memories of him. It was difficult at first since they were almost as different as night and day, but they managed to find a balance. Titania and Brandi were happy together as well.

Puck had no luck whatsoever in the romance department, his heart remaining with Harper, and Robin was delegated to Desdemona's bodyguard as punishment for breaking the laws of the supernatural masquerade. That didn't mean that Robin wasn't involved with Tiave either, much to Puck's dismay. He briefly wondered if Tiave wouldn't mind his feelings for Harper but he chose to ignore it in order to keep the peace between them and continued on working as one of the fae's guards, unaware of the numerous fae that had been fawning over him. Titania, Oberon, and Robin tried persuading some of these fae to make their interests known to him yet Puck was as oblivious to their advances as Harper was to his.

Tragedy struck when an anti-supernatural faction caught wind of Oberon's activities and they attacked the Summerdream residence one night, causing Beau and Robin's deaths among several others. The public thought that it was just a kitchen fire gone wrong, but the supernaturals knew better and decided on a meeting to discuss the growing possibility of either an all out war or a genocide. While losing was Beau was hard, Oberon was so devastated by Robin's death that he was numb as Jenny told him that she was pregnant with his child.

Time passed and Titania and Brandi had a daughter, Avery, while Oberon withdrew from the human world, a mellower version of the prankster he once was. Titania suggested that he at least see Jenny and their child, but he refused to, believing that he caused Robin's death and didn't want to risk Jenny's as well. Titania countered that perhaps Jenny was in more danger without him around though Oberon didn't act upon this information until much later.

Titania called for a meeting with the other heads of the supernatural communities which included Lola of the Melusines (originally Lola Curious), Jennicor Lavoisier of the Vampires, Tiave Camden of the Werewolves, Samantha and Kimberly Cordial of the Witches, and Olive Specter of the Shadows. After much deliberation, they decided that it was in their best interest to create another realm for themselves and relocate in due time. It would be a difficult undertaking for it required massive amounts of energy and could result in lost lives if not done right, but it was better than risking a war against humans' nuclear weapons. Although Olive joked that it would at least leave some supernaturals alive and all of the humans dead, everybody knew that she wouldn't push through with it since she was still searching for her long missing son.

Oberon eventually decided to see Jenny, but not to rekindle a relationship with her. Seeing the tension between humans and supernaturals opened his eyes and made him realize that he loved Jenny too much to cause her even more pain if he knew who he really was and what trouble they were in. He erased her memories of him and, against what he thought was his better judgment, took one look at a son who looked so much like him it nearly made him change his mind about the whole ordeal. The boy wasn't a fae, however, and for that, Oberon was at peace.

Despite their hard work on the new supernatural realm, it was incomplete when the werewolves caught wind of impending simultaneous attacks on several known supernatural settlements and attempted to urge everyone into the portals into the unstable world. It was a warning too late and several supernaturals perished in the attempt to make it into the portals. To ensure the survival of at least some of their people, the heads of the supernaturals fought back against their human assailants and some, such as the Cordial twins and the Lavoisiers, actually managed to take everyone else down with them.

Titania, realizing that the realm wouldn't hold up and would kill anyone who entered, gave her life to at least make it livable, and Brandi wouldn't dare abandon her so she assisted the fae into making it to the portal in the fae realm. Avery was already a young adult at the time and Titania asked her to take care of their people for her, and although Avery badly wanted to stay with her parents, she also understood the need for her presence in the new world. Oberon and Puck closed the portal behind the escapees and burned the whole area down with them, keeping the fae safe.

Avery was the sole living member of the main Summerdream household on the other side, where she managed to find a few other notable surivivors, such as Elara Melusine (Lola and Erin Beaker's daughter), Sabrina Cordial (Samantha's daughter), Gvaudoin Lavoisier (the sole survivor of the Lavoisier clan), Desdemona Capp, Miranda Capp, Tiave Camden, Harper Ligea, and Angela Capulet (originally Pleasant). Now they just had to make this new world their own.

Author's notes:

Technically, it's not done yet, but that pretty much closes it for the core adult members of the in-game Capp and Summerdream households. The teens eventually grew up and had their own storylines, but I'll cut this off here for now since it's rather long. It's kind of ironic that the most laidback household was rather dramatic.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
Page 7 of 7