Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 260 (Who?), Viewed: 49667 times.
Page 11 of 11
Mad Poster
#251 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:23 PM
Maybe he could archive it on the SFS. I love that we have that available to us. He could have two folders, one for the racier stuff alone.

As for sexy sims, I've given up on it. At some point I lost my password. It won't allow me to recover it or to make a new account. And no one answers emails over there, so....

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Mad Poster
#252 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A problem I can see is that a couple of the free places - tumblr, blogspot, etc - might shy away from some of the more adult-oriented stuff.

Can't speak for any of the other blog sites, but tumblr is definitely no stranger to adult content XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#253 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:08 PM
What one could do in the mean time (provided that one is registered there..) is to download as much as possible of CH's mods and whatever else your heart fancies. Keep them in zipped form, and reup-load them to the media site of your choice.
Chris himself has not vetoed this idea-he's all for having people share his stuff..but I'd suggest at least PM'ing him to let him know what you're up to, if he's not going to do anything-which he just might, after all.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#254 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:22 PM
Agreed Fran - I was thinking of going over there and getting some of the more difficult modded stuff (by which I mean difficult to make otherwise). I would guess, with Chris still being around and being active, he might well be amenable to uploading his stuff somewhere. We'll have to talk to him (by which I mean us here as a group - I'm not wearing my mod hat here).

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
#255 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:31 PM
If I was in any proper state to do such a thing at the moment, I'd archive it myself.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#256 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:37 PM
@Maxon-perhaps you could PM him to come over here and discuss if he's going to do something, or should we do something?
I do believe that he'll probably do something because most original creators are pretty fussy when it comes time to share stuff-although he personally isn't, I'm sure that he does have an interest in seeing his stuff preserved.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Mad Poster
#257 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:09 PM
Maybe give him a moment to gather his thoughts, I'm sure he'll make his intentions known once he's figured it out.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Mad Poster
#258 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:38 PM
I have such a hard time navigating his site, and don't really know how to zip or archive stuff, or I would do it. I'm giving my password info to anyone who can't log on, so maybe someone will be able to do it. I do have several of his mods. I'll go through my downloads and kind of separate them out for anyone who wants them.

Oh, so if anyone has been accidentally banned for inactivity or can't sign up now, let me know. You can use my password info. But remember, others are doing it,too, so you may have to try a couple of times till someone isn't using it.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#259 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Maybe give him a moment to gather his thoughts, I'm sure he'll make his intentions known once he's figured it out.

Yeah, give the poor guy a chance to decide what he wants to do with his mods before you start making the decision for him. He's on MTS; you can tag him if you want to.
Field Researcher
#260 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 3:56 AM
Apparently a BackAlleySims thread has already been created in the "Dead Sites" section at Sims Cave. Although I'm not sure if that's where everything is going to be uploaded.
Mad Poster
#261 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:46 PM
I'm glad the site owners chose someplace to put at least some of the mods and CC. The adult stuff might still be in limbo, but much of the family-friendly stuff would at least be OK.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.
Page 11 of 11