Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 3:46 PM
Replies: 3736 (Who?), Viewed: 161324 times.
Page 150 of 150
Theorist
#3726 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpelSpeedster
When you want to raise your Sim's skills and hobby points by doing certain activities, but can't because said Sim's fun is maxed out and they, for whatever reason, refuse to do said tasks, because apparently "I'm having too much fun to do that fun thing!". It's almost like the Fun need is not something you need to prevent from getting too low like literally every other need, but rather something you need to prevent from getting too high.

I've recently been having this issue with a YA sim. She needs a body skill point for her major, but even though Music & Dance is her OTH, she refuses to dance for more than a few seconds before stopping. I do have a mod in that makes dancing raise body skill. It's not that she's too tired/sweaty/hungry or anything like that. She's just, as you said, apparently having too much fun.
Lab Assistant
#3727 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I've recently been having this issue with a YA sim. She needs a body skill point for her major, but even though Music & Dance is her OTH, she refuses to dance for more than a few seconds before stopping. I do have a mod in that makes dancing raise body skill. It's not that she's too tired/sweaty/hungry or anything like that. She's just, as you said, apparently having too much fun.


Yeah, I had the exact same problem with the Natural Scientist career. My Sim had to build up two Body skill points to get the final promotion, but it was a pain in the netherlands because she built up said skill points slowly while the fun meter rocketed past the ceiling in just a few minutes and thus stopped doing the body-raising activity.

I'm still dealing with similar issues in terms of hobby-increasing activities. I keep getting pop-ups yelling "Your sim is losing interest in whatever!!! Do something!!!!!!", but I can't do anything because her fun meter is almost always maxed, and thus she vehemently refuses to do anything hobby-related that raises fun. (Read: pretty much almost every hobby-increasing activity ever, because a hobby is basically something you do for FUN) The only hobby-increasing activities she accepts doing are those that produce sellable things, such as paintings and robotics, which carries some unfortunate connotations for me.

And this reminds me of another pet peeve of mine: the robotics station drains comfort and energy like no tomorrow. This makes it hard to keep producing robots at a frequent pace, which is Badô because it takes so freaking long to gain all those freakin' robotics badges! Going from Bronze to Silver is actually pretty reasonable, but going from no badge to Bronze takes forever(I'm pretty sure I made over 100 toy robots with this Sim alone before I got the Bronze badge), and I have yet to ever reach the Gold badge legitimately. This time, I'll try to get the Gold badge for good since I want to craft a Servo, but considering the HoverBots take much longer to craft than the RoverBots, complete with the Comfort and Energy drain, I'm going to be in for a wiiiiild ride.
Lab Assistant
#3728 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
Bubblebaths.
I could deal with my Sims jumping into the bathtub every five minutes but I'm drawing the line at the Servo who has now started doing the same (completely draining his energy in the process). Time to download a mod.
Scholar
#3729 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietscheente
Bubblebaths.
I could deal with my Sims jumping into the bathtub every five minutes but I'm drawing the line at the Servo who has now started doing the same (completely draining his energy in the process). Time to download a mod.


You might want Waterproof Servos

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3730 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpelSpeedster
And this reminds me of another pet peeve of mine: the robotics station drains comfort and energy like no tomorrow. This makes it hard to keep producing robots at a frequent pace, which is Badô because it takes so freaking long to gain all those freakin' robotics badges! Going from Bronze to Silver is actually pretty reasonable, but going from no badge to Bronze takes forever(I'm pretty sure I made over 100 toy robots with this Sim alone before I got the Bronze badge), and I have yet to ever reach the Gold badge legitimately. This time, I'll try to get the Gold badge for good since I want to craft a Servo, but considering the HoverBots take much longer to craft than the RoverBots, complete with the Comfort and Energy drain, I'm going to be in for a wiiiiild ride.


Most crafting things are too motive-draining in my opinion. It's something I have on my to do list to mod at some point, to make running crafting based businesses more fun to run. I can try to remember to let you know if/when I get around to it. And I am fairly certain fixing robot badge is easy, so will try to remember to look at that too when I am back to creating, whenever that may be. Feel free to remind me in a month or so if I haven't said anything by then

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Scholar
DELETED POST
5th Feb 2018 at 3:36 AM
This message has been deleted by lordtyger9.
Mad Poster
#3731 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:36 AM
There is nothing that will stop the nanny getting multiple bottles out of the fridge for a toddler in a high chair! DX I've been trying to fix it, but I can't even find where the code is different for the nanny than it is for a parent.
Mad Poster
#3732 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:23 AM
Nanny actions tend to be initiated by the nanny controller, so start from the function main in the controller and work your way forward until it gets to the point where it decides to pull bottles. I would guess it's in the scan hunger bhav. Don't remember the group, but if you look at BOs BNS no cook mods they'll have the group so you can filter objects package.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Instructor
#3733 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:18 AM
**this is partially my fault**
when playables and townies flock to the staff room for the TV or pester the cashiers behind the counters in community lots.
while I SHOULD not put doors to off-limit zones in un-owned lots, I have a nagging feeling that my npcs would starve to death on the spot. I know they won't. But it just doesn't feel right.
Screenshots

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
#3734 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I've recently been having this issue with a YA sim. She needs a body skill point for her major, but even though Music & Dance is her OTH, she refuses to dance for more than a few seconds before stopping. I do have a mod in that makes dancing raise body skill. It's not that she's too tired/sweaty/hungry or anything like that. She's just, as you said, apparently having too much fun.


This is when I use the Sim Blender to set her Fun motive to the halfway mark.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3735 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Nanny actions tend to be initiated by the nanny controller, so start from the function main in the controller and work your way forward until it gets to the point where it decides to pull bottles. I would guess it's in the scan hunger bhav. Don't remember the group, but if you look at BOs BNS no cook mods they'll have the group so you can filter objects package.


I've never been able to find a nanny controller. I've found a burglar controller and a butler controller, but no nanny controller. But I'll take a look at BO's stuff, thanks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3736 Old Yesterday at 4:23 PM
when you like a download and link is dead but you can't find it on wayback machine
Test Subject
#3737 Old Yesterday at 6:31 PM
My pet peeve: when a Sim gets a new job, the current day is a working day, and my Sim is accused of skipping work... On the same day they got hired. Like, give them a break!
Page 150 of 150
Back to top