Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

Casimir

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 5978 (Who?), Viewed: 218394 times.
Page 240 of 240
Field Researcher
#5976 Old Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
When I was looking through downloads here certain clothing (unlocked clothing options) they would enable the delete button and the OP would say to not delete anything in CAS or else the game will be corrupted.

IN that instance, they mean don't delete that download in CAS/Bodyshop. If you have something that unlocks, or recategorises clothing shipped with the game that enables the CC star and the trash bin icon, deleting it via the trash bin icon will mess up your game files and need a reinstall because it will be deleting core files. Unlockers and such like do not include the meshes and textures themselves, they use the ones from the core game files and just tell CAS/Bodyshop to show that clothing instead of hiding it. It's fine to delete completely custom clothing/hair/etc in CAS, including sims in the sim bin, or their faces from part 2. Deleting sims does cause the thumbnails to get messed up, and of course the whole orphan mesh thing is another issue, but neither of those will corrupt your game into needing a reinstall.

Deleting eyes/skins/genetics that sims are using will cause corrupt genetics, but that will happen however you delete them.
Field Researcher
#5977 Old Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieOReilly
IN that instance, they mean don't delete that download in CAS/Bodyshop. If you have something that unlocks, or recategorises clothing shipped with the game that enables the CC star and the trash bin icon, deleting it via the trash bin icon will mess up your game files and need a reinstall because it will be deleting core files. Unlockers and such like do not include the meshes and textures themselves, they use the ones from the core game files and just tell CAS/Bodyshop to show that clothing instead of hiding it. It's fine to delete completely custom clothing/hair/etc in CAS, including sims in the sim bin, or their faces from part 2. Deleting sims does cause the thumbnails to get messed up, and of course the whole orphan mesh thing is another issue, but neither of those will corrupt your game into needing a reinstall.

Deleting eyes/skins/genetics that sims are using will cause corrupt genetics, but that will happen however you delete them.

Ohhh okay. Thank you for explaining it better, I get it now . And I don't think I'll be deleting genetic-type downloads any time soon, but this is good to know.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Lab Assistant
#5978 Old Today at 12:15 AM
I've just discovered that reading magazines alters interests!
Test Subject
#5979 Old Today at 12:58 AM
Toddlers can chase butterflies. This is too cute. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
Page 240 of 240