Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 3:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Collection: Crashing at Splash Screen
So, I've tried several different things--uninstall/reinstall, paul.dll file replacement, CFF edit, compatibility mode, etc.--but my game keeps crashing. It's the same error every time.

Context: Yes I've used boolprop in this game but only a couple times. I had just moved my second generation sim into their university dorm and played an in game day or two there before the game glitched and gave him 6-7 body skill points. And then shortly afterwards my laptop's battery died. When I turned it back on immediately after and tried to reload the game it kept crashing.

I've tried replacing the .dll file but my Sims 2 game didn't have the paul.dll (there were three others though) and I can't find the one for Sims 3 (all packs listed on my profile are currently installed). I have the 4GB patch but I'm not sure what program to use it on? And when I reinstalled it today it acted like it was loading for a couple of seconds before crashing again. With the reinstall there is no CC.

Newest Log:
Found under a read more on my tumblr. Didn't want to clutter up this post and make it ridiculously long.

Computer Specs:
This is a newer HP laptop (got it about four months ago).
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-8550U CPU
1.80GHz 1.99GHz
16 GB RAM
64-but OS
With Windows 10 installed.

If you need anymore info let me know. I'll be in class today until this evening so I may not reply for a while. Thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 3:29 PM
Welp I just tried the game again and it actually loaded correctly twice. Maybe a CC issue? I have no idea but an uninstall/reinstall worked I guess.