Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim resetting when selecting certain careers
Just downloaded these careers http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=519610 and everytime one of my sims selects it i get this error.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N029_t20293.zip (22.3 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:48 AM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 20th Jan 2018 at 7:16 AM.
Is it only with that certain sim or with all sims? The download contains 10 careers. Does it happen with all of them?
Does this also happen with only the careers in your downloadfolder?

From the look of the error I'd think something's wrong with your sim. Does it happen with other careers too?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 10:36 AM
Ive only played that one sim and it happened with the piano and violin careers
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:07 PM
Any cc on your sim? I had a case where some of my sims could not eat; they kept jumping and resetting after they prepared food - it turned out that their hair style was the problem. I had two meshes (an original and an updated one) in my cc.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Any cc on your sim? I had a case where some of my sims could not eat; they kept jumping and resetting after they prepared food - it turned out that their hair style was the problem. I had two meshes (an original and an updated one) in my cc.

That's why I asked to test it with other sims and without any other cc in the downloadfolder.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 10:58 PM
Just tried with a male teen wearing maxis clothes and has a maxis haircut and it still makes him reset
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
Just tried with a male teen wearing maxis clothes and has a maxis haircut and it still makes him reset

First backup your Neighborhood then Test with out any other Custom Content than the custom career(s) in question and MogHughson's-JobNoticeBoard {it is a lot easier to try out a custom career with it} then try having your sim join one of the custom careers.

Myself I have never had this problem, but I am sure this would be how to trouble shoot it.

I have a number of lientebollemeis' Careers installed and I use them, but I have not used the ones you are having trouble with.

Don't forget that After testing you put your backup of the Neighborhood in replace of the one you were using to test.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:53 PM
The careers have missing constants, the error is occurring when checking the career level for the career reward. If the sim is entering the career at that level or above then the sim should get the reward. For all EPs from University on, Constant 0x1019:0x05 has that level but those careers only go up to 0x1019:0x04 which is the same as basegame so you get the Invalid constant error.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The careers have missing constants, the error is occurring when checking the career level for the career reward. If the sim is entering the career at that level or above then the sim should get the reward. For all EPs from University on, Constant 0x1019:0x05 has that level but those careers only go up to 0x1019:0x04 which is the same as basegame so you get the Invalid constant error.

@Chris Hatch
I didn't notice this at all when testing. I have these careers in my game for ages and no one else mentions a problem with them or my other teen careers.
Can you tell me what to do to make them work?
Or would it be just easier to recreate the careers?

Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:29 PM
The constant table 0x1019 is two constant values short when compared to other teen/elder careers. The values shouldn't even really be used by teen or elders but the semi-global op-code is the same one used by adults and it does check as least one of them so they should exist.
The value of 0x1019:0x05 is used for the career level for the reward, just set that to a value above the top level, normally it has a value of 5 and teen careers usually only go to level 3. The value of 0x1019:0x06 is used for the 'Career reward % chance' it's value is irrelevant since teen careers don't go high enough, it's just there to prevent errors should it get checked.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The constant table 0x1019 is two constant values short when compared to other teen/elder careers. The values shouldn't even really be used by teen or elders but the semi-global op-code is the same one used by adults and it does check as least one of them so they should exist.
The value of 0x1019:0x05 is used for the career level for the reward, just set that to a value above the top level, normally it has a value of 5 and teen careers usually only go to level 3. The value of 0x1019:0x06 is used for the 'Career reward % chance' it's value is irrelevant since teen careers don't go high enough, it's just there to prevent errors should it get checked.

And where in the package can i find that value?
I use bidou