Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 2332 times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 2:36 PM Last edited by billielith : 20th Dec 2017 at 10:29 PM.
Default Permanent Floating?
Hi all, I hope you are having a good day.

I have a question.
Is it possible to make a particular sim float like a ghost permanently?... and would it be possible to upload this sim, and have that particular sim floating permanently in other people's game without affecting their other sims?

And no, I am not planning to make my Tywin float, I am working on a set of "ghost" sims, I was thinking it would be cool if they could float.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 8:02 AM
Other than saying I am funny, lol, does anyone know how? If not, my banshees will have to walk, how tragic.

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 12:39 PM
Some exercise will be good for banshees, walking is healthy.
*shrugs*
staff: moderator
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 7:18 PM
There are a number of mods that will set the Sim's walk style to be the ghost, but I don't think you will be able to upload them with the walk style. When you upload a Sim, you are uploading a sims2pack. If you have created your sim in Create a Sim, or if your sim was born in-game, you must extract them using SimPE to then be able to package them from within Bodyshop.

Bodyshop Sims are mostly just shells, for a lack of a better word. They don't have much of the character data that is poured into them when created inside the game. Walk style would be a part of that character data.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybesomethingdunno
There are a number of mods that will set the Sim's walk style to be the ghost, but I don't think you will be able to upload them with the walk style. When you upload a Sim, you are uploading a sims2pack. If you have created your sim in Create a Sim, or if your sim was born in-game, you must extract them using SimPE to then be able to package them from within Bodyshop.

Bodyshop Sims are mostly just shells, for a lack of a better word. They don't have much of the character data that is poured into them when created inside the game. Walk style would be a part of that character data.

If I follow what you are saying, I could hack an in-game sim and then extract them via SimPE, with the walk style. One of my old sims, 'Marie-Jo-Lisa', was made in bodyshop, turned to a vampire in the game then extracted to be made downloadable, and she kept the vampire fangs - when people download her, she has the fangs on, no matter if she is a vampire or not. I wonder if the walk style can be kept that way?

*shrugs*
staff: moderator
#6 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 12:08 AM
I wouldn't think so. The fangs are an accessory, just like glasses. When you extracted the Sim from the game, they kept their fangs accessory because that was part of their appearance. The walk style would be like trying to keep their aspiration status or personality points. It is something that really only exists as data values inside the game and could not be exported into Bodyshop.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 4:45 PM
Thank you for clarifying.