Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#251 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivy-Llama
i don't under stand how to download/install any of the mods for this challenge. i have read through the "instructions" for downloading the curfew one but i just didn't under stand it at all. Can someone help me?!?

You should probably check the Wiki. ;3
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...p:TS3_CC_Basics

----

Er... So. I have to say I didn't think people would actually get so into this. I know it's not the most popular challenege by far but I'll be honest and say I wasn't prepared to answer so many questions and stuff. ._. lol So I'm sorry I've been ignoring all of your questions. I haven't played this myself in a while, even...Probably not since around the time I posted this. I'm glad so many people are enjoying it though! :3
I'm going to try to put some more effort into answering your questions and such.
It also came to my attention that apparently this challenege and a few others were linked a Cracked.com article. XD Exciting.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:44 PM
im totaly gonna do this challenge it sounds really good
Test Subject
#253 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:41 PM
I don't know if someone already asked but, in supernatural, can we make our sim a werewolf? Since I don't have pets to sniff out collectibles, I would need to use the werewolfs ability...
Mad Poster
#254 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:03 PM
I've got this challenge as a mini challenge in my current legacy and my kid is nine year old Rudy Wagner who was on the run from German witch hunters with her family in 1661 and she got away while the rest of her family drowned trying to escape.She's living on a 60x60 lot out in the woodlands which was the only one I could use for her.
Here's what she's got for the house so far.

Here's Garden House where she harvests from the garden there.

Here's where she sells the garden produce at the grocery store.

Rudy has gone gathering honey to sell at the elixir shop

Here's Woodlands Campgrounds where she's slept over on cold nights.
Test Subject
#255 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:00 AM
I also think a fun way to play would be to make a teen who's homeless, but brought their younger child sibling with them! it sounds a lot harder because a teen will be taking care of a child as well, but it may be very interesting!
Test Subject
#256 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:11 PM Last edited by MrGz0r : 17th Sep 2014 at 10:57 PM.
~I love this challenge,it makes sim3 more fun, here mine.

meet Jennifer Lawrence after running away from her parent for abusing her she went to sunset valley to get a fresh start.

after getting there she ate at central park and picked vegetables,she also went to le petit shark center to shower and talk to other teens
That's where she met lakshmi rose and they hit it off she well they marred and had a kid.

Jennifer,lakshmi and rose live here,jennifer is a stay at home mom for the kid and laksmi works at the bookstore.

Jennifer became a celebrity by dropping off harvest food, and now people show up to take pic of her

But wen she has time and she not taking care of rose she like to garden.
Test Subject
#257 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:45 PM
Default Holy Crap
Quote: Originally posted by monstritamuerta
I'm really excited to do this challenge! I haven't played the Sims 3 in over two years, but this has inspired me to reacquire the series---including the newer expansions! It will take me a few days to get everything situated on my boyfriend's laptop, but I can't wait to get started.

TWO YEARS?
Test Subject
#258 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:32 PM
Default ...
Quote: Originally posted by Aryssa
So I decided to start my own Runaway Challenge story. So here is what I got so far.

My Sims name is Dororo Grey he comes from a medium class family, not poor but not wealthy eaither, he has a sister named Juliet.

One day Dororo's parents where discussing Juliets future and discussing what college she would attend, Dororo decided to ask his parents about what college they thought he might attend, his parents answer was "Are you serious, your not going to amount to anything in life, unlike you wonderful sister, we never even started a college fund for you." they laughed and returned to discussing Juliets future.

Looking back on his life Dororo realized that his parents and sister never treated him nice, they always made fun of him and said he was stupid... thats when he made up his mind to runaway, he went up to his room and reached under his pillow whee kept a travel brochure of Isla Paradiso his dream place, he has always wanted to live there. So he collected the money he had been saving for 6 years, just enough for a bus ticket and a boat ticket to Isla Paradiso, and maybe enough for a small plot of land to live on.

So he packed his backpack, a few changes of clothes and his sleeping bag, and climbed out his window...

Black eyed teen cool
Lab Assistant
#259 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:44 PM
Hmm I think I might try this without mods, and see how well that works out with epic lifespan

I'll burry an adult with basics in a basement if I need to

As for schooling I let her flunk out correct? Or are others letting the teen, and there children attend schools. I won't haft to worry about kids for awhile, but who knows she might find runaways or kidnap them :p
Test Subject
#260 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:20 AM
trying it now
hey im trying it now and im even rec it and putting it on youtube. im doing it without any mods (the curfew is annoying) because im hopeless at installing them.and i only have the late night EP. ive deleted the school from the world which has made it easier. (Sorry dont hav any screen shots of my game) but anyway Thanks for posting this challenge its given me something to do
Lab Assistant
#261 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leepree
ive deleted the school from the world which has made it easier.

genius! I was wondering how that worked!
Test Subject
#262 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:26 AM
About the buying flamingos for taxi fair, there's a mod so every time you ride in a taxi it charges you http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=529758
Test Subject
#263 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:08 AM Last edited by SimoreSims : 23rd Nov 2014 at 3:03 PM.
Hey every one. I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I wanted to say I'm getting into the Let's Play Sims 3 with this challenge on YouTube. My character's past is based around the foster care system.

Having nothing of her own but her clothes, she stole a bike, sleeping bag, and a little food (just enough to get her from point A to B). I think that's largely realistic any way. I believe a kid with real plans to runaway would at least think of sleep, transportation and food. Otherwise, I've been sticking as closely to the rules as I can. I made her work for her guitar.

It's good to know that about the taxi mod, though. Useful. I'll have to keep that one in mind. Thanks for sharing!

And then tragedy! I was working on this challenge, but lost my save. Now I'm having to start all over again. Brother! If you'd like to check out my YouTube (forgot to link it when I posted this), it's https://www.youtube.com/user/SimoreSims I'll be restarting the challenge and posting soon. In the mean time, there are a few short music videos that was the beginning of my last try- the one I sadly lost. That should teach me not to keep a back-up. I mean, really!
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:37 PM
Default Mods & Tips
Alrighty. So a recap on some mods already discussed, and some other helpful mods.

More requested no autonomy mods for Pets and Generations by claudiasharon , if you have Pets. You can download other mods there if you want, but make sure to get "csnoautoeatharvestplant" at least. It stops wild animals from eating your plants.

Curfew Disabler by Sniper296 Does what it sounds like, disables the curfew. This will come in handy, trust me. I disabled it for both teens and children.

Twallan's Mover Allows households without teens. Similar mods can be used if you have any.

Twallan's Woohooer Allows teens to WooHoo with other teens, or adults. I would also suggest KamaSimtra so your sims can WooHoo for money.

Twallan's Homemaker Pretty much, you make sure the house is clean and every family member is taken care of. You get paid for being a "stay-at-home" mom or dad.

ani's No Shopping From Fridge It adds realism to the game in a way in that you can go around scrounging for ingredients.

No More Zombies Generated at Full Moon No zombies to eat your plants up.

Minor Pet's Won't Run Away You can have a little pet like a bird or mouse.

Salvaged Junkyard Objects Made Usable You can repair broken items like a dishwasher instead of replacing it.

You can easily find teen pregnancy clothes here, and on poppysims. Or even by doing a search of teen maternity.

Tips

*If you can't download mods, there are many ways you can work around things. Like, with the zombies, I had salvaged things from the junkyard and made a square around my garden so zombies can't get to it
*With teen-only houses, you can delete the adult or make an adult in CAS, then move the sim into a lot, then edit them in CAS with testingcheats enabled, change them to a teen, and there you go!
*I recommend that if you have Uni, grab one of those backpacks for realism. Cause they'd need a way to carry their things. :P
*Also, the sleeping bag comes with Generations.
*I forgot to nab the link, but when you're at nraas industries, you can go ahead and grab the homeschool mod. That way, you won't have to delete the school and/or get bad grades for not attending school.
*Also, with the firestation, you can only get 3 meals there a week. Not 3 in total for the whole gameplay.
*I suggest you have the lot near the junkyard or a garden, so it'd be easier to make money and get stuff.
*If you have Seasons, make shelter as soon as you can, lest your simmies be sunburned.
*Having you sim paint, play guitar, or write novels is an easy way to make money.
*With MasterController, you can kill off sims easily.
*There is a mod either here or on simasylum that allows sims to change their names
*There is a hobo collection on the web where you can grab things to make the game a bit more realistic.
*Try not to have your sim be really fertile. I had a sim who kept having triplets. I was hoping for twins at the most but nope. Three little larvae. One boy, two girls.
*There are some mods that can allow you to see who the father is for pregnancy, how much time you sim has been pregnant, and what gender you are expecting.
*If, for some reason, you want your teen to have mixed gender twins/triplets, use a mod to find out the gender and, if say you are having a boy, eat as many watermelons as you can, and vice versa.

So there you guys go! Enjoy yourselves, and I'll post whenever I get around to playing again.
Test Subject
#265 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:19 PM
Do I absolutely have to have ambitions? (i have windows 8 so EP aren't compatible)
Test Subject
#266 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 12:21 PM
I hope this hasn't been asked and I missed it, but are you going to adjust this challenge for Sims 4? I'd love to play it in Sims 4 as well. :D
Test Subject
#267 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:09 PM
So gonna do this! I don't have any Expansions packs but I still wanna play. Seems fun!
Lab Assistant
#268 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 6:30 AM
Here's my little sim:

He live in lucky palms and he went to the park at the wishing well wishing for love and a frog came out from the well and my teensim kissed the frog then the frog turned into a guy and immediately kissed my teensim :o
Test Subject
#269 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 10:39 AM Last edited by Shenandoah : 8th Nov 2014 at 11:05 AM.
I'm thinking about starting the challenge with a pregnant runaway teen couple.
Story is that both of their parent's threw them out because of the pregnancy.
Wondering how that will turn out!
Test Subject
#270 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 1:03 PM
I've just started it.

If only I knew how to show pictures....
Instructor
#271 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Netti876
I've just started it.

If only I knew how to show pictures....

There's two ways to post pictures. The first way is to have them in the body of the post. Just upload the images you want to an image sharing site (I use photobucket), then go into advanced mode of the post, and you'll see picture of a photo along the toolbar. Click it, enter the URL of the photo into the box that comes up, and that's it.
The other way is to have them at the end of your post, as attachments. Go into advanced mode for the post, and scroll down. You'll see large text that says 'Manage Attachments', and then under that 'Image Upload'. From there you can upload them directly from your computer, without having to use an image sharing site.
Test Subject
#273 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 5:45 PM
The most WEIRDEST thing happened.

Ok, I was playing for a few solid hours and a realised that my kid (made in create a sim) was one day older then her mother o.O

Yep, the kid started out as a toddler and she was the first to become a YA!

Also, My game is going on pretty well I've got a solid house and I'm thinking of adopting.....
Test Subject
#274 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 12:48 PM
I have every single mod but it wont work help please
Instructor
#275 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsDemon45
I have every single mod but it wont work help please

What won't work, specifically?
Page 11 of 17