Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 11:31 AM Last edited by KikeiBatto : 1st May 2017 at 4:17 PM. Reason: missing pictures
Default Black Hearts Challenge

The first TS3 Challenge I have ever made, hopefully it will be entertaining for at least some of you evil simmers ;D Please don’t complain about my spelling and grammar (unless there’s something you don’t understand). English is not my first language. You as the player are of course allowed to make whatever changes you want to the storyline or rules, as this is supposed to be fun for YOU.

Inspiration: the opposite princesses challenge, snatched by the fae challenge, beauty and the beast.
Watching Sims3CopperFox's gameplay on youtube made me want to create a challenge my own.

Expansion Packs required: Supernatural

Mods needed: Dexter the bear

Suggestions:
Town: Midnight Hollow
Lot: Castle for witch by visty-6
Mods: awesome mod

Turn off:
- Fairies (these creatures are supposed to be very rare)
- Witches (also rare)
- Werewolves (explained later)

PLOT:
Our story takes place in a dark village, where the evil count, Grail rules.
He has everything. A huge castle, money, a servant. He even got style! But his heart is as black as the starless night and he's cursing each day of his own miserable life. Many times have he thought about ending it all. Yet, he will not allow his dark village to turn bright and cheerful. The count knows that in time he will die. He is already getting weaker. He need someone to carry on his name and continue to rule his land and secure the forever lasting darkness that lies over it. He will have a child..

Grail's only friend is his half-brother, Raiden, a fairy. Grail sends him out the find the woman worthy to bear his child. But Grail has a heart of stone and a gruesome plan. He is planning to throw the girl in his dungeon right after his son/daughter is born. His brother knows nothing about his evil plans, and is happy that Grail is finally making a change to his hollow life.

BACKGROUND STORY: (not required to read)
The count wasn't always so evil. As a child he was abandoned by his parents and left alone in the woods for the wolves to eat him. But he was found by an unusual beautiful creature; a fairy. She adopted the baby and raised him as her own son. She taught him and her first born son, Raiden about love and compassion, laughter and joy and they lived many wonderful years together in a small, hidden cottage in the woods. But it all were about to change. One dark night, while the small family was asleep, the people of the village had finally found the cottage of the fairy family. The people saw the fairies as evil creatures that possessed their brains with magic fairy dust that made them kill their own children so the fairies could eat them. They stormed the cottage with torches and pitchforks and killed the fairy mother right before the children’s eyes. They locked the two boys in the cottage and set it on fire. The people then returned to their village, hoping that the child disappearances had now come to an end. What they didn't know was that the fairy boy managed to lift his brother up with his small wings and escaped the burning cottage through a small window in the roof. From a small opening in the woods, the boys watched their home burn to the ground. Tears running down their faces knowing their mother were never to return. Something grew inside Grail that night. A feeling he had never felt before. Hate. Hate so great it could consume the whole village and every single scum living in it. He swore revenge.
Years passed, but the hate and sorrow from that night never stopped growing inside of Grail and every day his heart turned darker and colder. His whole personality had changed as well. The boy who was once so very happy had withered away and this vengeful monster inside him were to finally step out from the shadows.
As a boy, his mother taught Grail how to communicate and tame wild animals. With this skill, he led a pack of hungry wolves into the village. They killed and feasted on the flesh of the village people. Men, women and children were brutally killed and eaten. And if this weren't enough, Grail set fire to the village. A raging fire so great it left almost the whole village in ashes. Raiden could not believe what his brother had turned into. He knew that the remaining people of the village would soon find and kill him. Therefore he locked Grail inside an old abandoned castle, which he kept the key to. He spoke to the village people that Grail was never to leave the castle as long as the people left him alone. The people had a hard time trusting a fairy, but it would save them from more of Grail's hate and destruction so they agreed to let him stay in his own prison.
What Raiden did not know, was that the castle he had sent Grail to, once belonged to a powerful witch. This said, the castle had a room filled with black magic books and elixirs. Grail now had the chance to learn black magic and destroy the rest of the village. His brother begged him to leave the village people alone, and Grail accepted his wish but on one condition; to let him rule over the village. The fairy did not see any other way but to let Grail threaten the village people to do as he commanded, or else he would finish his started work once and for all.

PREPERATIONS
You will need to create 4 (or 5) characters.
The names I’ve used are the names of my characters
(Which you are free to use if wanted)
Characters with missing traits mean the rest is up to you to decide.
Life time wishes are only suggestions, and for some characters, they won’t even matter.

The count/Grail:
Male. Young Adult or Adult.
Traits: Evil, Mean Spirited, Hot Headed, No Sense of Humor, Virtuoso
Looks (suggestions): Evil-looking, Sophisticated, dark/black hair, pale skin, green eyes, sharp/pointy nose
Lifetime wish: The Emperor of Evil

The Fairy/Raiden:
Male. Same age as Grail or older (cannot be an elder)
Traits: Brave, Green Thumb. The rest is your choice but he cannot have a "kind" trait like nurturing, good, friendly or family oriented
Looks (suggestions): wings and pointy ears (of course), cute looking, handsome, messy or long hair, simple fantasy clothing (Earth colors)
Lifetime wish: Greener Gardens

The Servant/Murhild:
Male or Female. Adult or Elder
Traits: Natural Cook, Neat, handy, loser
Looks (suggestions): sad, tired looking. Bags under eyes, simple outfit (not poor looking), grey hair (or grey parts)
Lifetime wish: The Culinary Librarian

The Werewolf (npc):
Male or Female. Young Adult or Adult
Traits: Evil, Mean Spirited, Hot Headed, No Sense of Humor, Insane
Looks (suggestions): scary, ugly, ripped clothes, blood stains, evil, red eyes, muscular, messy hair, hairy
Lifetime wish: The Emperor of Evil

Optional: The Human Girl/Lunette (npc)
Female. Young Adult.
Traits: your choice
Looks (Suggestions): Poor village clothing, fantasy themed, beautiful, innocent, long wild hair.
Lifetime wish: your choice

Create The dungeon
The dungeon should be fairly small, dark and cold and with very few light sources (Preferably no windows. A few torches). It needs to have a kitchen with space to prepare food, an oven, a sink and a fridge (preferable mini-fridge). It needs at least one chair but can have more + a table. Depending on how miserable you want the dungeon to be, a bed and a bathroom is optional. If placed, it should be of the cheapest quality. It's is up to you if you want to set up walls inside the dungeon.

ctrl+shift+c. type in: testingCheatsenabled true

- Adjust the werewolf’s relationship bar to fully negative with everyone in the household + the fairy.
It is up to you if you want the fairy to live in the castle or if you want a different house for him and use f.ex. awesomemod to easily switch between the active sims.
- Place the werewolf in the dungeon and lock the door to everyone.
- Lock the kitchen to everyone but the servant
- Lock the front door to Grail
- Lock the witch's room to everyone (if there is one. you need to make one for part 2 anyway if you're playing)
- Turn on free will (or free will except on active sim)
- Life span:
Enter following days:
(You may change these settings if needed/wanted)
Baby: 3
Toddler: 7
Child: 10
Teenager: 7
Young Adult: x
Adult: x
Elder: x

Edit: I think you will have to edit the life span as is suits you when playing the game, but keep in mind that
Grail, Raiden and the werewolf shouldn't age up above the adult stage. It is up to you if you want Lunette to age up to an adult or not.
The servant, if an elder, shouldn't die of old age during the game.

PLAY TIME
It is suggested that you read this while you play. Or there won’t be any surprises. And we do like surprises don’t we?

CHAPTER ONE
The Search for the Perfect Girl

Playing as Grail, the count:
You may not play as Grail at this point.
Grail is not allowed to leave the castle (explained in the background story)
Grail is a virtuoso sim. Place a piano and/or a violin on the lot for him to play

Playing as Raiden, the fairy:
First off you need to become best friends with Grail. When you have succeeded in that, you need to start your search for a beautiful woman that will bear Grail's child.
It is up to you if you want to make this girl yourself, or find a random sim in the village. Raiden must become best friends with this girl before he can "hand her over" to Grail.
It is also Raiden’s responsibility to grow a garden with different vegetables for the servant to use. Even though the Count is rich, he does not allow the servant to use a lot of his money. (Or the truth might be that he recalls the memories of fresh vegetables from the garden?)

Playing as the Servant:
This sim’s job is to make sure the household never goes hungry. The kitchen will be locked to everyone but the servant. Clean the house, run errands. When time to spare, learn recipes/improve cooking skills (buying books is allowed)

Playing as the werewolf:
YOU CANNOT. The werewolf is a NPC (non-playable character) and you may not select him/her.
This beast is locked up in Grail's dungeon and may never leave that room (lock door for everyone).

Playing as the human girl:
As beautiful as she may be, HANDS OFF! The human girl is a NPC and you may not select her.
You can create her home and place her and her house in the village but that’s it.

CHAPTER 2
The meeting

Playing as Grail:
This is where Grail will play a great part in the story. He need to trick the girl that Raiden brought to him into thinking he loves her. When the girl has become a romantic interest, you may try for baby. When/if she gets pregnant, Grail must convince her to move in with him. (if you don't get the option, you can just add her to the household). You cannot do this before she is pregnant.

Playing as Raiden:
Raiden is enjoying the new company in the house. He is happy to finally see his brother smile again. He cannot deny that this beautiful human girl has made quite an impression on him and he might just have a tiny little crush on her. Of course this is not acted upon.

Playing as the servant:
When the human girl awaits children, it is the servant’s job to prepare the son/ daughter’s room. He/she will be the one who raises the child when the mother is thrown into the dungeon.

CHAPTER 3
A cruel father

Playing as Grail:
The time has come when the girl (named Lunette) is finally having her child. She has to give birth at the castle.
She is happier than ever and kisses, Grail, whispering in his ear that she loves him (you may control Lunette for this, and only this). Grail leans against her and softly whisper something back in her ear. “You are no longer useful to me my dear”. Lunette is devastated as Grail starts yelling and slapping her. Without any chance to even react she is locked inside a cold, dark dungeon. And she’s not alone. There’s something else locked up there, lurking in the darkness.

The werewolf and Lunette are both npc’s and you have to let them rot inside the dungeon with free will turned on. Their relationship should be neutral at this point, but if it ever happens to turn all negative.. well, if it does, take note of that. It will have impact on the story.

Playing as Raiden:
Raiden is unaware of what cruelty that has happened in the castle. All he noticed is that Lunette is missing. Grail explains to him that she got food poisoned by the servants cooking and were rushed to the hospital where she later died. Raiden is in shock and furious at the servant. He can’t control himself and lets all his anger out on him/her. Reach max negative level between the servant and Raiden.

Playing as the servant:
It is now the servant’s responsibility to raise Grail’s son/daughter. They need to teach them how to walk, talk and potty train them before they age up to a child.

Grail is allowed to interact and have a good relationship with his child, but not teach them any skills.

Playing as the child:
Grail’s child is currently a npc and you are not allowed to control them just yet.
He/she cannot go to school! They have to stay inside the castle (lock door)

CHAPTER 4
Set them free

Playing as Grail:
Years have passed (or sim days *cough*) and Grail’s child is aging up to a teenager.
By the time this happens, Grail will no longer be a playable character. But his child will!

Playing as the child:
They are now a playable character. They now need to become best friends with their father before you can proceed to the next step. When you are ready for it, he/she will one day, when wandering around the castle’s corridors discover the dungeon. He/she is great at unlocking doors, and with so much curiosity, they open the door.

Playing as Lunette:
Yes! You are now allowed to play her.
When the dungeon door slowly opens, she crawls out, exhausted and shuts the door behind her so the werewolf is still locked inside. She explains everything to her child and then sneaks off to meet her old friend, Raiden.

Playing as Raiden (and Lunette):
Lunette and Raiden meets in a secret room (locked for everyone else but them), there she gets to explain to him what happened all those years back. Raiden is devastated over what he hears and snaps. They are now plotting to kill Grail. That very next night, Raiden wakes up Grail from his sleep. While he is distracting him, Lunette sneaks up behind him and stabs him in the back (with Dexter the bear mod). Raiden breaks down as he watches his brothers eyes slowly close. Grail is dead.

If Lunette and the werewolf’s relationship did not turn all negative, the werewolf may now also be killed by either Lunette or Raiden.

If Lunette's and the werewolf’s relationship did turn all negative, the werewolf will escape the dungeon and kill the servant, before escaping into the woods (throw out of household).
(You now have to unlock the kitchen for everyone)

The darkness seems to finally lift from the old village.
Raiden and Lunette is now the new, fair rulers. They fall in love and get married.
And they all lived happily ever after. or?

Congrats, you have played through the whole story line. This is where you will go find a new challenge or continue playing with this happy family as you wish.
OR you may decide you want to see what happens next? If so, by all means, continue this challenge in part 2, but I warn you, this is not for the Happy-ending fans out there.
As Part 1 was filled with details, Part 2 is more open for you to put in your own twists to the story,
But here is the simply described storyline. Have fun.

BLACK HEARTS part 2

Lunette and Raiden continue with their happy lives, and decide they want children.
You need to get babies until you have two fairies. The kids will be raised by their parents with help of the servant (if still alive)

The count’s child, have been mourning over his/her father all in silent. The same hate that once consumed Grail’s heart has now started to grow within his child.
He/she want revenge. Change the childs traits to at least, evil and mean-spirited.

As a young adult he kills the servant (if not already killed) and Raiden brutally and locks his/her mother (and her human children) back in the dungeon to starve (take away the fridge). Darkness has once again laid its black feathers over the poor village as it is now introduced to a new cold-hearted master/mistress. He/she has found the old witches black books, and is not planning to show mercy on the residents. The fairy Children, he/she keeps as their slaves. This way he/she has full supply of magic fairy dust. Goal (suggestion): Become an evil Wizard/Witch and mess with the village and the residents as you please.
Will anyone ever be able to stop this mad soul?? Is this it for the poor village??

Part 3 may come if requested. If not, have fun making up the rest of the story
Suggestions to Part 3 is added. Go to this post to read my reply and the part 3 story and gameplay suggestions
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 2:20 AM
As me and my friend read through your challenge we were both amazed at how beautiful it is. First, I want to say that I am truly honored that you go the idea from watching my videos. I don't have any idea how to explain how honored I am. Now for the really amazing stuff, you're story for this challenge is wonderfully put together and is, as I said, beautiful. I could see it as one of those old classic epic stories, it's better than the dark versions of Beauty and the Beast. I cannot praise you enough and my friend, who also read this, is actually an English major and loves your story. I hope that gives you an idea of how amazing this challenge is; I can't wait to do this challenge when Snatched by the Fae is over. You may see a character you already know . . .
Inventor
#3 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 4:34 AM
As I read through the story, there was one and only one thing I didn't like about the challenge: there's no part 3! Please make a part 3!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 4:40 AM
Quick question......do you mind if I use your "Black Hearts" logo for my video thumbnail and as part of my into?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CopperFox

Oh wow.. I am so glad that you like it.. I was thinking that I had made it way too detailed and also way too long to read through. I was planning to do a rushed play-through of the challenge to see how well it would go, but I realized it would probably take a long time. I'm not very experienced with the sims challenges, but I know for sure, there are those with 2-3 main golds to achieve (with very free gameplay) and those more detailed ones (more rules to follow), like mine. I thought I went kind of overboard with it haha, but it's this kind of challenge that I myself would enjoy playing. I need to try and make a "freer" one in the future : D Thanks so much for taking the time! I hope you will enjoy playing it. :lovestruc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 4:51 AM
Quick question......do you mind if I use your "Black Hearts" logo for my video thumbnail and as part of my into?
no, by all means, go ahead :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
As I read through the story, there was one and only one thing I didn't like about the challenge: there's no part 3! Please make a part 3!

what a horrible complaint T_T haaaa thank you! I might make a part 3
Inventor
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 12:28 AM
I tried to play the challenge and had a real problem with glitches - mainly Grail and Raiden (yes, I used your names) glitching into the kitchen and Grail glitching out of the castle. I don't know whether it was my game or the specific house I used; that said, I might try to delete it and start over and see if the glitches don't go away.

Also, I have one more question: are money cheats allowed? I assumed yes, and used freerealestate to buy the castle.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:52 AM
I tried to play the challenge and had a real problem with glitches - mainly Grail and Raiden (yes, I used your names) glitching into the kitchen and Grail glitching out of the castle. I don't know whether it was my game or the specific house I used; that said, I might try to delete it and start over and see if the glitches don't go away.

Also, I have one more question: are money cheats allowed? I assumed yes, and used freerealestate to buy the castle.

Are you using the Castle for witch by visty-6? That's the house I'm using and I don't have any problems with it, except that it's pretty huge and sometimes takes some time to render. I've never experienced my sims glitching like a vanellope von schweetz xD Maybe you have some cc installed that doesn't like each other? Try resetting your sims.
yes, money cheats are allowed
Thanks for playing. Hope it works out for you!
Inventor
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 5:08 AM
No. I'm using Nenim Gul by Shoosh Malooka. I've never had any problems with that house before.

Where do you get the castle for witch? I'm willing to start over because of the glitches.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 6:51 AM
No. I'm using Nenim Gul by Shoosh Malooka. I've never had any problems with that house before.

Where do you get the castle for witch? I'm willing to start over because of the glitches.

Here you go
Inventor
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:58 PM
Thanks!

Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 1:54 AM
The first episode of this challenge is set to air on my channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/LittleCopperFox/videos) on Monday December 9th I am so excited!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 9:23 AM
The first episode of this challenge is set to air on my channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/LittleCopperFox/videos) on Monday December 9th I am so excited!
(ノ´ ヮ`)\ oohhh cooool! I have somewhat of a plan for part 3 which I may put up soon. I hope you will enjoy at least part 1 ^^
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 11:29 AM
I can't wait to see CopperFox play this! I don't have supernatural at the time because my friend has it, but I'll ask if i can get it back to download! Eeek, I'm so excited!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarolPearl
I can't wait to see CopperFox play this! I don't have supernatural at the time because my friend has it, but I'll ask if i can get it back to download! Eeek, I'm so excited!!
I'm excited too! xD Supernatural is definitely my favorite expansion pack haha
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 12:13 PM
Sorry guys I know this video was supposed to be up Mon the 9th, been on a bit of a hiatus this week, and the first episode wasn't quite ready. The challenge will air next week instead.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 6:11 AM
Just uploaded the prologue episode it is set to air in an hour and 19 mins :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 8:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-iA38HySaI here it is guys the first episode with more of the back story explained will be on Friday I hope I do you proud DeadBat <3
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 12:10 PM
Do you have links for the characters you've made? I wold like to use them in my game. Beautiful challenge! Btw CopperFox, I'm kind of starstruck. Love your LP's!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 7:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-iA38HySaI here it is guys the first episode with more of the back story explained will be on Friday I hope I do you proud DeadBat <3
haha! no need to make me proud (even though the opening was quite awesome!) I'm just excited that you wanted to play it in the first place have fun with it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simtunes
Do you have links for the characters you've made? I wold like to use them in my game. Beautiful challenge! Btw CopperFox, I'm kind of starstruck. Love your LP's!
oh umm.. I've never exported sims before o: I will probably have some trouble finding all the cc again.... unless it's possible to export a sim with all it's custom content into one file? (if so, I'd be happy to do so for you)
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simtunes

Haha <3 Starstruck?? By me?! I'm flattered, really! You are so sweet!
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 10:35 AM
Default Suggestion For Part Three
How about he tries to reanimate Grail and try to take back the kingdom by like seducing one of the Raiden's staff to get into the household again. Than he get close to raiden before killng him and putting the girl back into the dungeon. Then the werewolf reappeares along with the reanimated or ghost grail. AMBROSIA! { JIC u didn't know}

Then you go back to Lunette and she has to escape the dungeon by seducing the werewolf, which is hard because she hates him. Then she runs away.

That's all I got,
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 2:56 AM
OMG YES!!!!!! this is the challenge for me! but I'm not including mods because I'll just muck up my computer.
Page 1 of 3