Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rugs - zMOG!! Off Grid!!

by HugeLunatic Posted 17th Apr 2010 at 4:49 AM - Updated 15th Jan 2022 at 9:31 PM by HugeLunatic

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 138 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#151 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:14 PM
I need to fix some rug recolours but the link to the fix isn't working

Quote:
Known Issues:
For any rug recolors from NL, OFB, and maybe SSN, the recolors will be very dark. Those need to be fixed. Any future recolors after placing this mod should be fine. How to fix existing recolors. This method can also be used to fix store rugs, which I will not be sharing.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#152 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 12:27 AM
Look here- http://hugelunatic.com/ - under Basic Tutorials. HL recently switched to a different server.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#153 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Look here- http://hugelunatic.com/ - under Basic Tutorials. HL recently switched to a different server.
Thank you, MLC, I managed to fix it by finding another thread on MTS, that told me where and what to look for in SimPE.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 10:49 PM
Dank dieses Downloads ist wieder ein Ärgernis beseitigt. Prima
Scholar
THANKS POST
#155 Old 2nd May 2014 at 7:28 PM
Yay! The rugs are fixed :)
Test Subject
#156 Old 15th May 2014 at 10:33 PM Last edited by MysticSim1888 : 16th May 2014 at 8:43 PM.
I may just be shouting into the wind by posting this, but does anyone know of any custom recolors of the Eaxis rugs created with this mod in mind? I play on a Mac and don't have access to SimPE or anyone who has SimPE so I can't fix the recolors I already have. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: I removed all my custom recolors before installing the mod. Now that I have the mod installed, if I add my recolors back to my Downloads folder, do we think they will work correctly?
Test Subject
#157 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:38 AM Last edited by 20PercentBattery : 5th Jul 2014 at 9:27 PM.
Does anyone know if this will this work with my 'Deep Pile Wool Rug' mods? I'm not sure if I have proper files installed correctly either... sorry, but the concept is absolutely amazing!!! It is EXACTLY what I was looking for!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:02 PM
Thank you ! :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#159 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:25 PM
It was driving me absolutely bonkers about my rugs that were off grid and looking.. UGLY. Thank you for finding out the problem and fixing it and then sharing this mod with the rest of us! It really is -most- appreciated.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#160 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 4:18 PM
why are my standard carpets disappear when you change the zoom?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#161 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 11:49 AM Last edited by YleniaHouse : 24th Feb 2015 at 10:19 AM.
WONDERFUL!!! Wonderful and... wonderful!!! 'Cause this was one of two main problems with maxis rugs! (And the other problem is that rugs are too thin, low if they are used with Murano Reflective floors, so they go under the mirror, sob). THANK YOU, you are mythical! :rofl: :lol: :jest: (but YES, it's true: rugs disappear moving the zoom, sob! :cry: )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#162 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:24 AM
I am having a problem with the sports rugs. They are all hidden except the baseball, but the other rugs don't show up under the baseball option. Is this a known issue? It is nice to see cushy rugs look cushy. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 7:26 PM
OMG This is amazing !, i was looking for this a long time thanks <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#164 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 12:51 AM
Thank goodness for creators like you who know how to fix EA's obnoxious mistakes!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 1:01 AM
Hallelujah!!! ♥ :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#166 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 4:37 PM
OMG I'M SO GLAD THIS EXISTS THANK YOU!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:11 AM
Excellent, I was trying to place a runner down a 2 tile hall and the lighting bug was annoying me!
Test Subject
#168 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 3:24 PM Last edited by abiegalie : 16th Feb 2017 at 3:40 PM.
I'm not sure if I sound like a complete nut and this has been asked before, but I haven't seen it in the last four pages so... Just wondering where you would put the Bin file if you have UC installed? It seems tat the last EP would have been Fun With Pets but I'm not sure if it would go under EP or SP subfolders
Field Researcher
#169 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abiegalie
I'm not sure if I sound like a complete nut and this has been asked before, but I haven't seen it in the last four pages so... Just wondering where you would put the Bin file if you have UC installed? It seems tat the last EP would have been Fun With Pets but I'm not sure if it would go under EP or SP subfolders

I think it goes in the SP9 subfolder.
Instructor
#170 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:35 AM
I see this issue was brought up from another commenter, but I didn't see it addressed: The recolors I've made AFTER installing are still dark. I 'm able to fix them in SimPE, but based on what I read in the description, I shouldn't need to do so.

goderguy
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 7:29 PM
Great fix, for some reason I thought it was my graphics card.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#172 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 3:06 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#173 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 10:47 PM
where do I put the file if I have Ultimate Collection, and not CEP? I don't have a TSData folder
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#174 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 5:30 AM
Thanks, this is amazing!
Also, for those with Ultimate Collection, download "HL_RugFixALL.rar" and put the "zz_HL_RugFixesBin_ALL.package" file into C:\Program Files (x86)/ Origin Games/ The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/ Fun with Pets/ SP9/ TSData /Res/ Catalog/ Bins
And than put the "zz_HL_RugFixesDL_ALL.package" file into your downloads folder
Scholar
THANKS POST
#175 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 12:22 AM
I'm guessing I can't have Phaenoh's Catalog Cleanup Mod V2 with this, right? This is going to be a tough decision if so.... LOL.
Page 7 of 8