Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAST Your Own Artwork: Nine Modern Paintings

by sionelle Posted 13th Feb 2012 at 12:34 PM - Updated 13th Feb 2012 at 11:53 PM by sionelle : To select proper image for thumbnail

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:48 PM
Shut up and take my money! <3<3<3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 12:35 AM
Thanks
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#28 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:50 AM
So very Cool!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Scholar
#29 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 7:51 PM
This looks really good, but I can't get all the different paintings. How do I change them? I'm not sure I'm using CASt properly as I can only change the colour of the frame.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
This looks really good, but I can't get all the different paintings. How do I change them? I'm not sure I'm using CASt properly as I can only change the colour of the frame.

Hmmm... Basically you should just be able to re-CASt these like any other multi-channel object. Once you click on the CASt button, you should see a panel in the upper left with the different paintings in it -- select one of those presets, and then change the colors in the channels on the right. The top three are for the painting and the bottom one is for the frame. I attached a couple of screenshots to help, if for some reason that didn't make sense.

If the object isn't working in your game the same way, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out what the problem might be.

Scholar
#31 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 12:33 AM
Wow, thank you for the pictures! Wasn't expecting that! lol Okay my CASt screen doesn't look like yours, i.e only one picture shows up with three 'cast-able' frames (unless I'm using the wrong picture - I wish I could upload an image to show you). What is the picture called in buy mode?
Scholar
#32 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 12:55 AM
Sionelle, I think I got it now! It was my mistake, I was definetly using the wrong picture there was a picture that looked like it with the same price! Thank you so much for your help and your great pictures. I'm going to add you as a favourite creator because you were so helpful! Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Sionelle, I think I got it now! It was my mistake, I was definetly using the wrong picture there was a picture that looked like it with the same price! Thank you so much for your help and your great pictures. I'm going to add you as a favourite creator because you were so helpful! Thanks again!

Yay! Glad it's working now for you. That was definitely an easy mistake to make, and I should have realized what was happening when you described it. The picture that looks like mine with the same price is the object I based this one on, so they are pretty much identical.

Have fun CASting these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 2:53 PM
Amazing
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#35 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 12:04 AM
Congratulations on your featured upload.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Theorist
THANKS POST
#36 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 9:48 PM
These are lovely, congrats on your feature!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#37 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:26 AM
Wow! I am gonna pop these in my game as soon as I get Showtime installed. (My CC is decommissioned right now. Waiting for the pre-order to get delivered STILL!.. GRRR )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:58 AM
Amazing job! I was so bored that I had to use many similar paintings on big lots to decorate the walls. Now this brings the variety on big lots to a new level
Instructor
THANKS POST
#39 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 9:51 AM
You have now just made the amount of time I already spend in CAS skyrocket.

THANK YOU!

I also would love to see some of the other sizes done in a similar fashion. Some smaller and even larger sizes. This is absolutely incredible!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:20 PM
Hi, different prizes is nice if you can do that? some time a Sim want to buy a picture fore xxx § and if this one only is 900§ and Sim must buy art for 2000 then it will be nice to have some cheap maby uglyer and som expensy (hmmm cant spell that word) and there you cant make them prettyer but that's ok with me.
Ps. Can you do this paintings so a Sim painter paint them?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:10 PM
Thank you for your work and for sharing it. They are amazing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Denmark1
Hi, different prizes is nice if you can do that? some time a Sim want to buy a picture fore xxx § and if this one only is 900§ and Sim must buy art for 2000 then it will be nice to have some cheap maby uglyer and som expensy (hmmm cant spell that word) and there you cant make them prettyer but that's ok with me.
Ps. Can you do this paintings so a Sim painter paint them?

Hi, Denmark. Thanks for your comment. I plan to make some more styles and sizes of art like this, and some of them will definitely be less expensive.

Unfortunately, I don't know how it would be possible for a Sim painter to paint these. I have seen a way to change the default Sim-painted images to custom images for your Sims to paint, but I don't think they can be castable pictures. The game wouldn't know what colors to use (and I am not smart enough to make them random, if that's even possible.)

Thanks also to everyone else for the nice comments -- I read them, honest! And I appreciate all of the feedback.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 6:00 AM
Thanks so much! My sims will love you. Now they can finally have other artworks that differ from all the other houses with paintings in town.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 11:09 AM
Impressive! Thanks a lot!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#45 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:21 PM
I would definitely love to see more stuff like this, it is absolutely amazing! Great job!
Test Subject
#46 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 2:31 PM
These will make amazing additions to my artsy sims' homes!
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 7:23 AM
Wow. I've already downloaded this before but now is the only time I learned that it had recolorable channels! Yipee! Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:24 PM
I would love to see more of these. I would like some without frames and some that are maybe landscape sized instead.. I hope you know what I mean.
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 1:07 AM
This is EXACTLY what I needed in the houses I have been making. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telynor
Please, please may we have more? These are terrific! I'd love to see different sizes and frames.

yeah~~would you please more and more castable artwork for us?? thx a lot!~~

*****hello,i'm hongkong girl, i like sim2******
Page 2 of 3