Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 10:06 AM
Feedback needed, please help
Hi all! I am not the most active member in here but now I am posting here, trying to get feedback on one of my sims . When he turns out satisfactory, I'll upload him on here.So, please give me required feedback, all kinds are very much appreciated.

Now, onto the task---------

I am a big fan of Supernatural and Jensen Ackles, so I had thought about making his sim-self from the scratch, all by myself. Now, I know that this one is far, far away from his look-alike, I need help to continue with this task. Bellow, you will find his real picture along with my CAS screenshots for comparison, so do provide some feedback, please.

Here he is! There are two versions, so tell me which one you like, thanks! Again, this isn't complete, I know that this is nowhere near him, but still, do g\leave your feedback, thanks for going through this.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 11:28 PM
I am not an expert sim maker myself, but I can offer you some advice about getting feedback.

1. It is best to post a picture with your sim and the celeb pic side by side, to make it easier for people to compare them.
2. Take a screenshot in the world, not in CAS. Sims look wildly different in game than they do in CAS.
3. Here is a link to screenshot tips that heaven posted for me, in case you need them. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...491#post4853491

Good luck!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 4:21 PM
Pannisim, neither of those sims are very accurate right now. As attuned suggested, posting a side by side picture (with both being relatively the same size) is going to be very helpful to anyone trying to give you feedback. And yes, due to the lighting and how CAS works, sims can look very different between it and in-game. In game pics are a lot better (and will be required once you get to the upload point).

I'd select the second sim and work from him. You have a good start on the general facial shape - jaw and such. However, all of the individual features need work to more resemble Jensen Ackles.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 10:00 AM Last edited by pannisim : 10th Nov 2016 at 11:53 AM.
Thank you both for the help. I'll update an in-game picture as soon as I can.

Edited to include the pictures------

Here you go, I worked on his nose and lips a little more, and changed his eyes. I am so stuck, really. However, hopefully, this works better for comparison.

Jensen version 2---

Version 3--------------

Also, I know that the eyes are horrible, but I was more concerned about the nose and lip and the eyebrows. I'll fix the eyes soon.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 12:25 PM
A few more tips:

1. You need stronger lighting on the sim's face. Using the wall lights from buydebug will help a lot. (Use the "testingcheatsenabled true" code, then use the "buydebug" code. The lights are in the misc. section and will be easier to see if you set the game to look for base game items only.)
2. Direct your sim to "walk forward," then cancel the interaction as they animate. That will force his head to look straight at the camera.
3. Here is a very large photo of the actor, so that you're not resizing that small one and getting a very pixelated image to work with.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 12:32 PM
Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.