Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 1:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Moving save files to new game on same computer
A while ago, a experienced a bug and reinstalled my game.
I still have my old files in backup.
I want to transfer my old saves to my new game, but whenever I put the save files in the proper folder and start the game, it stops responding and I have to close the game.
Can anyone help me?
(If I remove the old save from the folder, the game works fine, and if I switch over to my backup folder, it works fine, but I can't move saves from one folder to the other and have it work.)
(I have also removed the file that was causing the initial bug)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 4:31 AM Last edited by igazor : 28th Sep 2017 at 4:42 AM.
Reinstalling the game means uninstalling the EP/SPs and then the base game itself -- meaning the programs in Program Files (or Applications if on a Mac).

The user game folder in Documents, which is where the saves and all of your added content live, is data. Uninstalling or reinstalling the program isn't supposed to affect those (although the patch process somewhere along the line can damage a kept in place user game folder, so it's good that you had a backup).

Perhaps the five cache files on the top level of the newer game folder need to be cleared. Or perhaps there is something the older saved games are relying upon to be included in order to work that does not yet exist in the newer game folder, such as a far-reaching mod or an underlying .world file install if they are taking place in a custom or an EA Store world. Which worlds are being played?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:32 PM Last edited by PotterPasta : 30th Sep 2017 at 10:24 PM.
The only worlds being played are Sunset Valley and Moonlight Falls.
Update:
Just added Bridgeport.