Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 12:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime
Default Package Files Not Appearing in The Sims 3
I'm submitting this help request in accordance with the instructions provided on the SimsWiki.Info pages that pertain to installing packages. Please see the attached Word document for all requested screenshots and system information. Below are the three things I have done thus far, having followed all of the instructions found on the SimsWiki.Info pages listed below, without success. I am playing on an HP Laptop with Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Problem: I am unable to see any package files that I've saved into my Mods folder when I'm playing Sims 3. The only one that appears to be working is the Master Controller .package file, which is the only one listed when I load the game software (see Image 1 in attached Word doc). However, I'm not even sure if this Mod Script Found screen that appears upon loading the software is where I would be seeing any other .package files listed, if they were working, so this may be irrelevant information for this help request.

I have followed all of the steps listed at http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...les/Not_Working to get the .package files I've saved to appear in my game, but it is still not working. Here is what I have done so far:

---> Step 1: I have moved my original Mods folder containing my already-saved .package and .sims3pack files out of my Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder and have deleted all of the cache and package files listed for deletion on the webpage http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files.

---> Step 2: I have reinstalled the framework by downloading the FrameworkSetup.Zip folder and extracting the Mods folder it contains into my Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder, as per instructions on the webpage http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files.

---> Step 3: After doing the above two things, I then moved all of my .package and .sims3pack files into the new Mods folder that I had extracted to my Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder from FrameworkSetup.Zip, as per the webpage http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files.

Believing that I have done everything correctly, I’m now submitting this to you in the hope that someone there can identify what the problem is. The attached Word document contains all requested screenshots and system information to assist with this help request.

Thank you very much!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The Sims 3 Help Request - WatersCol3811 Package Files 11.5.16 .rar (2.60 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This is a Word document containing requested screenshots and system information to assist username waterscol3811 with using .package files in Sims 3.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 12:56 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 6th Nov 2016 at 1:12 AM.
The Sims3Pack files goes to:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Download.. directory

Then install them via TS3 Launcher

As for the package files, if they still compressed in rar files, you'll need to extract them first with WinRaR, and then after you extracted them, put all you package files in;

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Mods\Packages.. directory
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 5:56 AM
Just like PapaEmy said, your packages are in the right place, but you should install your Sims3packs with the launcher or extract them as packages with Delphy Multi-extracter, if you want to have them in the Packages folder.

In addition, you'll only see Script Mods listed when you load your game, so if MasterController is the only script mod you have, it's completely normal that it's the only one there. It doesn't mean that the rest of your CC (clothes, hair, objects...) weren't loaded or recognised by the game. To see that they're all here, you'll have to open a Save and look for them in Buy Mode or CAS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 7:06 AM
Thank you for your responses.

I'm not having any trouble with my .sims3pack files. I said this in my Word attachment but failed to include it in my post: "For context, I have no problem installing the .sims3pack files, but I don’t see any .package files listed when I load the software, and the items are not available in the game during play."

I have already extracted the .package files and pasted them into the Mods\Packages folder. The screenshots in my Word document show that there are no .rar or .zip files in the Mods\Packages folder.

If you could please look at the attached Word document and see if there is anything else you think might be causing a problem, I would appreciate it.
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 7:44 AM
In this case, you don't need to keep your Sims3packs in your Mods folder if you've already installed them via the Launcher, but my point still stands.
Quote:
you'll only see Script Mods listed when you load your game, so if MasterController is the only script mod you have, it's completely normal that it's the only one there. It doesn't mean that the rest of your CC (clothes, hair, objects...) weren't loaded or recognised by the game. To see that they're all here, you'll have to open a Save and look for them in Buy Mode or CAS.

Another question, do you see the Intro when you load the game?
I just can't seem to see what could be wrong when I look at the screenshots, but maybe my eyes are deceiving me.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 8:06 AM
1 - As the others have said, sims3pack files do not belong in Mods\Packages. You have also put "dynamic challenge" files in there. None of this stuff belongs in Mods\Packages. Having anything other than actual .package files there would be extraneous and could cause the game to hang up while trying to read things that it cannot, thus skipping over other package based content.

2 - You have some of your content in both formats at the same time. You may install sims3packs using the Downloads folder and the Launcher. You may install packages by placing them in Mods\Packages. But having the same object represented by both kinds of files and installs at the same time is unnecessary and can cause problems. Some developers provide both formats for download so you may choose the one you would prefer to work with, not so that you use both files at the same time.

3 - The only thing that the pop-up window on startup should be listing are Script Mods. Pieces of clothing are not script mods. MasterController is, as are NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles (those last two are missing and therefore not loading). I don't see anything else in your collection that would qualify as a Script Mod, so you should be seeing a total of three things listed on that pop-up window unless I am just not seeing something. Note that even if you had 500 script mods, only a few of them would show up in the pop-up window anyway as the game just gives up trying to list them all after a certain point.
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by waterscol3811
I have already extracted the .package files and pasted them into the Mods\Packages folder. The screenshots in my Word document show that there are no .rar or .zip files in the Mods\Packages folder.

If you could please look at the attached Word document and see if there is anything else you think might be causing a problem, I would appreciate it.

You can try uninstall WinRAR and then reinstall it back to disassociate your package files to WinRaR, unchecked the JAR, Z, ISO files in WinRAR menu installation when reinstalling.

The thing is about your mods, they doesn't always have to popped up at the TS3 main menu when you start your TS3, it depends on what kind of mods you have and what version your game is, I don't have any mods popped up in my TS3 main menu because I also use AwesomeMod along with NRASS MC, therefore my mods list is not popping up in there just like TS3 without any mods.., if you want to check where are your objects mods like hairs, clothing etc, go to build mode or CAS mode while in game, you'll see them there, unless you have the wrong object mods in your mods folder..
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 3:03 PM Last edited by marianito10 : 1st Oct 2017 at 4:28 PM.
Bump? I don't think this was solved, and btw I have the same problem:
After upgrading my GPU, lots of packages WON'T be recognized by the game. I changed the "graphics" file for The Sims to recognize my card, but most packages are still undetected by the game, when they worked fine with my previous GPU.

Edit: Fixed, it was a bunch of uncompatible CC that was preventing others to work.