Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#51 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 8:10 PM
You'll have to thank plasticbox for the tutorial.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:41 AM
Thanks soooo much for this tutorial. I have successfully made a great looking rowhouse which I am TRYING to upload to MTS (If it will just let me upload a 151 kb photo grrr! ).
Also thanks to Mootilda for all your awesome...stuffs
:D
Mad Poster
#53 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 7:13 AM
Thank you so much for this tutorial, plasticbox, and Mootilda for the LotAdjuster! :-) I'm having a lot of fun bulding pseudo row houses - terraced houses are very common where I live, and I'm very excited to be able to build them in my game without them having to be 2+ apartments on one lot instead of normal houses on separate lots! :-D
Field Researcher
#54 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:19 PM
I have tried to attempt this with the latest LotAdjuster which allows you to reduce the lot by lot squares and not neighbourhood squares but I'm not able to shrink it down to 3x1; whenever I try it just says that there is a fence/foundation etc in the way. Any ideas how do attempt this with the new LotAdjuster?
Site Helper
#55 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 10:28 PM
The technique is the same with the newest LotAdjuster.

If you're getting that error, then you'll have to find the wall / fence / foundation that is on the edge of the lot and remove it.

Pictures might help us to find your problem. Either that, or package the lot and attach it here.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 2:24 AM
Does this not work with diagonal walls? I'm trying to trim the lot in the attached screen shots, and it's giving me the error about having walls too close to the edge. I hope it's not a problem with the diagonal walls, this'll look so much less cool if I have to make them perpendicular...

If it's not the diagonal walls, I'll just have to keep looking for what's in the wrong place... unless anyone has suggestions?
Screenshots
Site Helper
#57 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 2:45 AM
No. Walls which are diagonal and touch the edge of the lot will crash the game, so the LotAdjuster doesn't allow them.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 2:53 AM
Crud, I thought it was just coinciding with the edge. Ah, well, I'll have to change the design. Thanks!
Site Helper
#59 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 5:24 AM
Sorry. We're pushing the game to its limits with perpendicular walls and we just weren't able to get anything else working without corruption.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:29 PM
Is it impossible to place objects at the edge of the lots? It's probably better to show with an image, and you can see below I made the lot woth cornices etc right up to the edge, but once it's adjusted they're gone and I can't put them back - I tried with Moveobjects. When they're placed in a row it looks a bit of a mess with the gaps, which is annoying.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#61 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 6:10 PM
I can't see the problem with your lot. Perhaps if you circled the area, I could understand what the problem is.

It is possible to place objects at the edge of a lot. However, I would recommend that you avoid placing any objects at the edge until after you have adjusted the lot.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I can't see the problem with your lot. Perhaps if you circled the area, I could understand what the problem is.

It is possible to place objects at the edge of a lot. However, I would recommend that you avoid placing any objects at the edge until after you have adjusted the lot.

Well the picture above is before I shrink the lot. Here's 2 pictures of afterwards, and it's removed the decroative cornicing from the house and it won't allow me to place them, which makes it looks a bit messy in a row form! Just wondered if there was a work-around.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#63 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 3:58 AM
If I understand correctly, you are trying to place objects on the wall and the game won't let you. Have you tried turning moveobjects on?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
If I understand correctly, you are trying to place objects on the wall and the game won't let you. Have you tried turning moveobjects on?

Exactly. I tried with MoveObjects cheat, and it wouldn't work. I've managed to get them in place by enlarging the lot again and then placing floor tiles at the edge of the building, and it'll allow me to place them again once I'd shrunk it again. It's not ideal still, but it looks a bit neater I think.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#65 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 5:01 PM
You should be able to delete the unnecessary floor tiles, once you've placed the cornices. If you can't delete the tiles individually, you should be able to do a group delete with <shift><ctrl><click>. I usually use a really horrible gaudy floor tile for such things, so that I won't accidentally group delete something that I want. An added advantage to using something horrible is that I can't possibly forget to delete the excess tiles.
Page 3 of 3