Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:27 PM
Default skintone GUID/townify question
Hi! I'm a control freak, so all my custom skintones/eyes etc. have to be geneticized and townified. But there is this problem with skintones: If you townify it, it besomes unselectable in CAS... (but not in Bodyshop) Like, there's no icon for selecting the skin...

I think that there's no solution for this problem, so to bypass this problem, it would be ok for me to just keep a non-townified duplicate of the skintone in my Downloads folder... But this doesn't work!

I don't know what I'm missing... Perhaps there's something wrong with the "method" I'm using... I make a copy of the "normal" (only geneticized) skin, and then I townify this copy. I know that the townifying itself works, as the skintones show up when the randomize button in CAS/BS is pressed.
But neither the icon for the original one nor the townified one crops up in CAS...
Could it be that the GUIDs for the skintones are conflicting? How do I change them? Do they even have any GUIDs?! I'm a bit confused now...
Thanks for any help on this topic!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:37 PM
Well, it's not a GUID exactly as is done for objects, but there are internal bits and pieces that make the skin unique. Probably the easiest way around this would be to clone the skintone in Body Shop (make a new project, fix the thumbnail, import it). Then towniefy the clone.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 8:02 PM
Wow, that was quick! Great idea, thanks! I never thought of that... Perhaps it was kind of too obvious...
I tried everything in SimPE, so I didn't think of using Bodyshop for recolours. Where's my brain?! But it's good to know that skintones don't have GUIDs, so I won't have to search any longer.
I wanted to add one thing: The same thing is happening to my clothes... I townified a lot of them, and now my favourite ones are all unselectable... But as you already gave me such an excellent piece of advice, I'll try to think on my own now and will use the same technique you suggested for clothing...
Thanks, you're my heroine! :lovestruc