Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 9:35 PM
Infertility and no marriage for vampires
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a world with infertile vampires that don't age and won't marry each other when I use the history progress mod. Other relationships are ok and so is adoption. Is there a mod that could help with that but would be limited to vampires? I still want the other sims to have their normal lives, but I just don't like the idea of vampires settling down to have a family... Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nori
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a world with infertile vampires that don't age and won't marry each other when I use the history progress mod. Other relationships are ok and so is adoption. Is there a mod that could help with that but would be limited to vampires? I still want the other sims to have their normal lives, but I just don't like the idea of vampires settling down to have a family... Thanks

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure the NRaas suite will handle that quite nicely for you, specifically Story Progression. You can set options for specific castes or occult types regarding marriage, pregnancy etc. so it is probably worth looking into

omnis mundi creatura
Alchemist
#3 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 9:12 AM
Story Progression. Click on City Hall -> Nraas -> Story Progression -> Caste Options -> Vampires.
Make sure "Pregnancy: Allow Can Be Pregnant" and "Romance: Allow Marriage" are set to False

Note: these are some additional options for pregnancy, taken from the Nraas wiki:
Pregnancy: Allow Can Be Pregnant -- Whether the sim is allowed to be pregnant by any means, including pregnancies incurred beyond the purview of this mod.

Pregnancy: Allow Can Be Pregnant Caste -- When set, this option dictates what type of sims are allowed to make this sim pregnant. Namely, the donor for the pregnancy, must have at least one of the given castes to be successful. If no castes are specified, this option is ignored.

Pregnancy: Allow Participation -- Whether the sim can participate in a pregnancy.

Pregnancy: Allow Participation Caste -- When set, any target of a "Pregnancy" scenario must have at least one of the Castes selected here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 2:27 AM
Yes you're right! I didn't know it was so customizable Thank you!!

Would that also work with warewolves and fearies if I created a Cast for them? I can't see how if I only chose the cast name that can be anything...
Alchemist
#5 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nori
Would that also work with warewolves and fearies if I created a Cast for them? I can't see how if I only chose the cast name that can be anything...
Theoretically, yes, a new caste should behave exactly like that if set up properly.
Here's the FAQ on Castes. For you, this item is useful, specifically the "Caste: Type" point. I've never set up a new caste before but if you run into any issues you can ask the folks over at the Nraas Wiki, they're very friendly and helpful
It's a bit daunting at first when you see so many options, but you really don't need to change most of them (I usually only change the castes allowed for romance).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 3:39 PM
Thanks I'll do that