Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:26 AM
That doesn't sound appealing to me. I'm so sick of Aliens, and how the hell would active careers work with a family? I don't want to leave them to themselves for long periods.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 7:03 AM
If they added more to the alien concept like us being actually able to go to another planet by using the rocket ship then I would see them as a much more insteresting part of the game. Also when you got to said planet time in the regular world would stop much like in the sims 3 when going to an adventure world, university, and oasis landing.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 7:44 AM
So, like a vacation in the stars?

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
That doesn't sound appealing to me. I'm so sick of Aliens, and how the hell would active careers work with a family? I don't want to leave them to themselves for long periods.

Me neither, but I'm okay with Aliens as add-on since a lot of people like them (personally it's not my thing). But active careers could be a waste of resort. Even in TS3, for Ambitions the only things I used most were the self-employed careers, laundromats, and the career outfits. For each new active careers I made a sim, played for a few sim weeks as single-sim household and then almost never touch them again. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun playing experience but it's not very replayable, and you have to control the active sims constantly.
Now the self-employment aspect on the other hand I love cuz it allows for integration with other expansions since it's mostly skill-based. Like it can link to nectar-making and photography in WA so your sims can be a freelance photographer.
Inventor
#30 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:07 AM Last edited by VentusMatt : 4th Feb 2015 at 1:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheOriginalFive
So, like a vacation in te stars?

I guess that could work. They would need to add the option "Go into space with..." so you can take more people with you. I just think that they should really expand rockets and with aliens why not actually go to another planet where aliens would live? Though I think you should actually have to discover the planet or planets. And by planets I mean secret hoods/lots. Like when you go into space the randomly generated mini quest could have a chance of letting you discover a hidden lot (planet)and each one has their own unique collectibles and the alien sims would have their own unique style of clothing and maybe walk styles and once you do discovered the planet you can go there any time but only via the rocket ship. Though with that you could still have time flow since it's just a lot and not a whole world.

Sorry my creative juices are flowing so my mind is coming up with ideas lol
Theorist
#31 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 8:36 PM
Just gonna leave this here.

source

Well then. Happy 15 everyone.

Meant to post in this thread LOL, cop, food and hospital robe.
Inventor
#32 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 1:03 AM
These teaser are getting me all excited
Forum Resident
#33 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:34 AM
oh god no I don't want active careers as the first expack. I barely cared about ambitions when it came out. The only good thing was the stay at home careers being added. I want more community driven stuff or at least something that really changes the game.
Scholar
#34 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
oh god no I don't want active careers as the first expack. I barely cared about ambitions when it came out. The only good thing was the stay at home careers being added. I want more community driven stuff or at least something that really changes the game.

can run shops too
Forum Resident
#35 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
can run shops too

That's true, but I play rotational style so I didn't really enjoy OFB that much either. Just too much time spent on something that really I was fine with them getting into a car and disappearing. So unless home businesses are in I think it will still not be something I will like. I guess if they expand on the at home careers maybe it'll be good for me. I would just prefer to expand on the game either with family or by giving us more activities for our sims. My favorite eps were always ones that adding a lot of new objects or hobbies. Though the doctor stuff looks neat...I don't know very torn after seeing video. I'm also very very skeptical of how it'll actually play.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
That's true, but I play rotational style so I didn't really enjoy OFB that much either. Just too much time spent on something that really I was fine with them getting into a car and disappearing. So unless home businesses are in I think it will still not be something I will like. I guess if they expand on the at home careers maybe it'll be good for me. I would just prefer to expand on the game either with family or by giving us more activities for our sims. My favorite eps were always ones that adding a lot of new objects or hobbies. Though the doctor stuff looks neat...I don't know very torn after seeing video. I'm also very very skeptical of how it'll actually play.

Much agreed - OFB was probably my least favorite EP in TS2. I'm unsure how to feel about this one - I mean, how do you do an active career when you have the household to take care of? And I am beyond sick of Aliens...
Scholar
#37 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 2:26 AM
there only 3 work careers

science
doctor
law enforce
Field Researcher
#38 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
there only 3 work careers

science
doctor
law enforce

"Small business owner" qualifies as a realistic job to me.
Page 2 of 2