Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 12:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lot crashes after combining households
Hi guys! I have a problem.

My sim got engaged to a townie sim while he was in university. When she moved in with him, he was already further ahead of her academically (she was just starting out) and thus graduated earlier. I played out the townie sim's remaining uni days while my sim was re-integrated into his family in the main neighbourhood.

When the townie sim completed her senior year, I had my sim invite her over in hopes of Propose > Move In, but there was no such option, so I decided to throw her a graduation party first. All went well, she graduated and was moved into the family bin of the main neighbourhood. I combined her with my sim's household. The combination was successful, but when I tried to load the lot, I got "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate."

It's weird, when I combined my sim (not the townie) into the household I could enter the lot with no problems. I can enter every other lot. Clean Installer yielded nothing. Any ideas? Appreciated!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 3:24 AM
I have a similar problem but it was the other way around. I combined families into a dorminority (both of these sims were going steady in the original neighborhood, the guy went first to college and the girl followed).

The lot loaded fine but the game crashes when I let them do a certain interaction, (in my case was, kiss -> make-out). My idea is that cause may be one of the following:
a. There is a game corruption that occured during combining of households.
b. There is a incompatibility on one (or more) installed hacks. (which I have a lot)

I planned to move out the family and move them back in again to see if the problem will be resolved, but haven't tried it out yet.
Moderator of Aardvarks
#3 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 5:54 AM
I agree with acescolar...
As always, you can move your entire My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 to your desktop to see if it is a download.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33005