Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 12:27 PM
Default Game keeps crashing!!!
I have Sims 2 & University installed.

My specs are:

P4 2.4 Gzh
512 MB DDR RAM
Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti4400 with 128 MB RAM

The game is somewhat slow to load in and to exit but once inside the game runs fine and I have never had problems.

Last week I added some RAM to my PC and am now up to 1 Gig of DDR RAM.

For the first two days after getting the new RAM everything was fine but on the third day the game started to crash and now does so every time I play!

It sometimes crashes when loading the game but for the most part, it crashes while I'm playing.

The game will freeze for a few seconds (if music is playing, it will start skiping) and then the message "Application has crashed, now exiting" (or something to that effect) appears.

I don't use "hacks" but just in case I tried removing my entire "Downloads" folder... No change!?!

Can anyone help???

:werd:

Regards

-Seb
Advertisement
Moderator of Aardvarks
#2 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 4:08 PM
Run the EasyInfo program under EA Games in the start menu and make sure all your drivers are compatible. Then try moving (not copying) your entire My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 to your desktop and restart the game. Play the game a while and see if it crashes. If it works fine without your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder, then you know it is a download. Use Clean Installer and remember to check Teleport, SavedSims, and PackagedLots as well as Downloads folders.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 4:16 PM
Do you have any MP3s you added to the game for the build mode or buy mode screens? I had some mp3s in there and I would click build/buy mode and just randomly, the whole game would freeze to the point that I had to do a hard reset. I took out all of the music I added and left the default Maxis music and my game hasn't froze since.

That might not be your problem, but just in case anyone else has the same problem, this could be a plausible solution.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 4:18 PM
I would run Clean Installer just in case...you might also want to re install the game and try adding the downloads later...good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 2:55 AM
Yep, I already did all of that and the problem still remains.

I have no MP3's in the game.

Regards

-Seb
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 3:29 AM
Default very strange
I've started having the same problem today with my game crashing. It was fine for about a week but now it just started giving me the same message. I'll try a bunch of different things and see if any work and if I find one that does I'll get back to you.

Do you also have problems running Body Shop, because I get a crashed message with that too?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.
-from The Lord of the Rings (yay!)
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 3:40 AM
Three possibilities that I can think of ..

1. corrupted files (, which can be tested by reinstalling the game)
2. incompatible downloaded files (, which can be tested by relocating all downloaded files)
3. RAM and/or Hard drive may have some programs (this rarely happens, but sometimes that is the case).