Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 11:17 PM Last edited by luxford : 29th Sep 2018 at 11:17 PM.
Default Sims seem to take forever to perform any action.
This is something I noticed in my game only very recently. I've updated ALL of my mods that I possibly can, so I'm sure that's not the issue! But basically, whenever my sim autonomously or is commanded to use the toilet, they take forever to actually begin the action, sometimes even a whole Sim hour. The weirdest part is, this only seems to happen with the toilet, and no other object. What the heck is going on here?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 11:23 PM
Any toilet on any lot, or some specific toilet in a specific room?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Any toilet on any lot, or some specific toilet in a specific room?

Any toilet, any lot, any room. I've even started a new save and I still have this issue (at first I thought it might've been because of a large save file). The Sim just stands in one spot idle for ages before even moving
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 11:44 PM
Sounds weird, I can throw some ideas about a possible cause tho
specific type of toilet (cc? maybe EA ones but bugged?)
specific way of building (rout issues? move objects on? cc doors?)
too many items in sims/household inventory/on the lot (tho then you should have a more general lag, rather then just with toilets)
too much cc (same ^)
too many household members (if you altered the number using MCCC or something, but same ^^)
toilet/counters/sinks related mods?

do you know when it was started? or if you downloaded something new (suggesting broken cc), or just updated you game (suggesting outdated mods) when it started?
does it happen without any script mods? and without any cc?
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 3:06 PM
Create a new sim into a small single sim household, and do not use any lot traits, and try that again, and report back what happens...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 11:15 PM Last edited by luxford : 29th Sep 2018 at 11:42 PM.
I've come to realise this isn't just an issue with toilets, but with everything. I often find my Sims stood around after I've told them to clean the dishes, and piles of ash(?) starts to appear around them randomly because they're taking so long, although I'm struggling to see the relation. It's starting to become an issue, because during this "idle" time, their needs will drop and almost tank because they're stood around for so long.

For @Keren's post, none of those can be the issue. I don't have CC toilets, I've tried different lots, different family sizes, all the things listed!

For @Citysim's post, I'll try that soon enough. I already have a small single sim household where the issue still occurs, but I do have lot traits (unable to remove them all due to it being an apartment)

I did a bunch of game cleaning before I started up my game again today. I made sure all of my mods were up to date, I got rid of a few things and did some things following this guide:
http://simscommunity.info/2018/08/0...a-healthy-game/

Unless I have a mod hidden somewhere in another folder (I categorise everything, but it wouldn't surprise me if some things were in the wrong folder/category) then I know it's not an outdated mod. I do have a lot of other CC, but I'm unsure how that'd really effect how long it takes to do an action. This is only recent, perhaps since the latest patch which was quite a while ago now. Maybe even before then but definitely started to happen after Seasons! Could anything else help to fix this? Deleting old save files or anything like that perhaps?

I'll continue to report my findings but this is becoming a big issue in my games, and I know I'm not the only one suffering with this

Update: So far so good on the single sim household with no lot traits. I chose a Maxis made Sim and put her in a Maxis made lot in Willow Creek, nothing custom in this save (although I still have all my mods and CC actually in the directory). I'm wondering if it is lot traits..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 10:50 PM
Another update, seeing as this was still an issue for myself and for others. I seem to have fixed it, for now, at least.

Ironically enough, REMOVING the Simulation Fix mod seemed to.. stop the simulation lag. I'm wondering if the mod is outdated or something, a few other comments on the download page say that it doesn't work for them either. It seemed to be making my game worse when I had it in my mods folder. I've been playing for a good while without it now, still with lot traits and such, so I'm thinking this was the main culprit. But there's still time to see if it happens again.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 10:45 AM
Yeah I had the simulation lag fix too. It caused all my sims to stand around until all their needs dropped to red. Heck, they weren't even using the actual toilets! I thought it was the cc I had and the large house they were in, but I cut back on cc and mods, and got rid of the simulation lag fix, and that seemed to help their standing around for hours.
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:25 PM
If you guys could alert people on this mod comments section it could be much useful, I believe..
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 8:25 PM
I have never used or even tried this Simulation Lag fix before, but I couldn't see how that could do any miracles, it's really boils down to a bloated neighborhood, since the Pets patch along with Seasons patches, maxis does not cull sims and relationships as well it used too, And it also comes down to having too many mods as well, even though they all work well and up to date, but having in all at once isn't a great idea, then to the bloated sims themselves, some may have too many skills, traits (includes hiddens also), inventories, and even assigning them too many outfits.

A good manual cleanup of things about once a month or less depending how much you play really helps smooth out the flow of gameplay
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:36 AM
I've had the same problems for the last 2 days. I have the Sims4 base game and Get to Work. I'll try checking my MODS folder.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I have never used or even tried this Simulation Lag fix before, but I couldn't see how that could do any miracles, it's really boils down to a bloated neighborhood, since the Pets patch along with Seasons patches, maxis does not cull sims and relationships as well it used too, And it also comes down to having too many mods as well, even though they all work well and up to date, but having in all at once isn't a great idea, then to the bloated sims themselves, some may have too many skills, traits (includes hiddens also), inventories, and even assigning them too many outfits.

A good manual cleanup of things about once a month or less depending how much you play really helps smooth out the flow of gameplay

So what your saying is, this is caused by playin the game!? Im NOT buying this.. Ive been doing everything to fix this lag issue, and have had maxis say its them! They are trying fix the issue! I however dont buy this, i found my game unplayable after the pets patch.. Well shortly after that, i got pets fr like 10 bucks even tho it was 40? (Sale on origin) to my surprise!? It worked, my game ran like brandnew, with about 10k worth of CC and a dozen script mods.. and up until seasons patch! Then! It was even worse.. now does anyone having this issue, have seasons? Because i dont, an am starting to see a pattern.. IF U DONT GET THE NEW EP, UR GAME WILL NOT WORk.. thats he conclusion im coming too..i hated sims 3.. because of the clearly NOT ready for release eps.. but until then i loved sims, and i swear! This is all about making more money..

I updated a card i didnt think needed it? it worked fine!!! alll night!!! but the next day, it was at it again.. and i cant play my game anymore.. and the only diff, was i saved and turned my computer off.. So ur theory doesnt hold up? Specially because i Cull everything daily.. (since maxis creates stupid looking townies to do jobs instead of using the already jobless sims in the city/towns) and i am like 1600 over the required power and have all my settings low, witch made no diff..

Im travis tremonti on tso no longer travis b and live in bf im gf of tremonti mafia : )
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TravisB/tso/jollypines
So what your saying is, this is caused by playin the game!? Im NOT buying this.. Ive been doing everything to fix this lag issue, and have had maxis say its them! They are trying fix the issue! I however dont buy this, i found my game unplayable after the pets patch.. Well shortly after that, i got pets fr like 10 bucks even tho it was 40? (Sale on origin) to my surprise!? It worked, my game ran like brandnew, with about 10k worth of CC and a dozen script mods.. and up until seasons patch! Then! It was even worse.. now does anyone having this issue, have seasons? Because i dont, an am starting to see a pattern.. IF U DONT GET THE NEW EP, UR GAME WILL NOT WORk.. thats he conclusion im coming too..i hated sims 3.. because of the clearly NOT ready for release eps.. but until then i loved sims, and i swear! This is all about making more money..

I updated a card i didnt think needed it? it worked fine!!! alll night!!! but the next day, it was at it again.. and i cant play my game anymore.. and the only diff, was i saved and turned my computer off.. So ur theory doesnt hold up? Specially because i Cull everything daily.. (since maxis creates stupid looking townies to do jobs instead of using the already jobless sims in the city/towns) and i am like 1600 over the required power and have all my settings low, witch made no diff..

Btw not saying these things dont help with the lag, culling deff does! Even stuff from the inventory makes a diff!!! What im saying tho, is this is a separate prob, ones non - Seasons EP owners are experiencing way more than the ones owning it.. But u should still try these steps as well!

Im travis tremonti on tso no longer travis b and live in bf im gf of tremonti mafia : )
Scholar
#14 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TravisB/tso/jollypines

Looks like you can only blame your computer or your using outdated/poorly made mods, because I have all packs and there's NO WAY, it runs as bad as you describe it.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:50 AM
I'm having the same problem, however, I get an error message from MCCC (last exception error?) i think in my game saying to make a new save and restart the game and stuff but I don't do it because it doesn't crash. I probably have a mod or two that is conflicting and/or out of date. I have broken CC too I haven't removed yet. My mods folder has like 15GB of CC and i'm just too lazy to go through it all. I should probably do that, especially with the new update coming that is going to kill everything.

Quote: Originally posted by Chax
So, this kind of makes me want to give up on TS4 to be honest...

I had noticed those issues before. But this time, I had barely played my save....

This is what happened to me with TS3, it became unplayable because of the lag and issues and I had a brand new gaming computer with 4x the recommended to play the game, so whenever someone said it was my computer I scoffed. I figured it was just a matter of time before EA broke TS4 too, which really f-ing sucks because of the money we sink into these games. I'm glad they screwed up the Get Famous pack so much so I wasn't even tempted to buy it. Same with the toddlers pack. I wanted it, but that ball pit. I know it's fixed now and/or there are mods to fix it, but why would I want to keep spending money when I can't even play it as is without mods? Just seems stupid. It sucks though, I've been a sims fan since day one and I would still be a die hard fan if they didn't ruin it so badly.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Inventor
#16 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax

So, this kind of makes me want to give up on TS4 to be honest...

I can so much relate to that.. I tried many things to reduce the lag. I have upgraded my PC this year and it is more than capable of playing Sims 4. So I guess it's the game engine that causes this lag. With every pack it got worse and now I'm also at the point of completely giving up this game until EA fixes this.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 4:47 AM
I'm been having this issue as well. Is it just Maxis? I can't upgrade anything. It gets to the end, the sim continues the upgrade action. I exit the action and it's as if I never upgraded the object at all. This is so frustrating!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 4:52 AM
Also I just tried to make a new thread and the forum lead me in circles. I'm having a different issue and I can't make a thread about it? Is everything broken?
Scholar
#19 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EthanSimsalot
I'm been having this issue as well. Is it just Maxis? I can't upgrade anything. It gets to the end, the sim continues the upgrade action. I exit the action and it's as if I never upgraded the object at all. This is so frustrating!!

it's like you mean when your performing a task and you notice the bar is full, you hover your mouse over it, and wow your so 106% complete and still working overtime.