Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#3026 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
Somewhat late here, but if you've not already found a book-writing item, I recommend MogHughson's manuscript. There's also a ton of recolours for it available here.

Thank you! No I hadn't, it's perfect!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3027 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:20 AM
I feel like something is wrong with my Emperor families or I'm just having really really bad luck. Most of them just keep getting girls! Emperors can stop having kids when they have at least 2 boys and most of my Emperor families have 7-8 kids because of that. Also, I have way more women in the game than men. Right now I have 182 sims in 27 households and it's taking forever :D
Lab Assistant
#3028 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 3:10 PM
@iireke7, wow! That's impressive. I have 77 sims in 16 households so far. I think it's a good idea to get a bigger population before the Dark Ages, keeping the increased death rate in mind. I'm not sure if I'll really be able to kill them off as mercilessly as I pretend I will, though

Generation 5 are toddlers now, otherwise it's been a pretty calm round. I've been having some issues with Romance sims lately and the situation just resulted in a death, hopefully it will be the only one but these people truly hate each other so who knows :P

Find my Test of Time Challenge here!
Test Subject
#3029 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iireke7
I feel like something is wrong with my Emperor families or I'm just having really really bad luck. Most of them just keep getting girls! Emperors can stop having kids when they have at least 2 boys and most of my Emperor families have 7-8 kids because of that. Also, I have way more women in the game than men. Right now I have 182 sims in 27 households and it's taking forever :D

Is it possible that the gender disparity is actually a case of first born syndrome? Are you randomising the sim generator before you start to play?
Because if not it might just be that your emperor's first born was a girl, and so everytime you restart the game and play that family you get the same girl.

If it's not first born syndrome, the RNG just really doesn't want you to have any male sims :P
Lab Assistant
#3030 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flickstar
Is it possible that the gender disparity is actually a case of first born syndrome? Are you randomising the sim generator before you start to play?
Because if not it might just be that your emperor's first born was a girl, and so everytime you restart the game and play that family you get the same girl.

If it's not first born syndrome, the RNG just really doesn't want you to have any male sims :P

I don't even know what that means Do you happen to know how to do it, because it seems I'm still a noob, lol.
Scholar
#3031 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 7:09 PM
ok i started with 5 families and used behind the name to give them different backgrounds and names,the most amount of kids one family have is 20 after one week...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#3032 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
ok i started with 5 families and used behind the name to give them different backgrounds and names,the most amount of kids one family have is 20 after one week...

How did you manage that :O ? Do you have a fast pregnancy mod or someting?
Test Subject
#3033 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:01 AM Last edited by Flickstar : 11th Nov 2017 at 9:52 AM.
I don't even know what that means Do you happen to know how to do it, because it seems I'm still a noob, lol.

There are two ways to do it. First is you can go into Create-A-Sim and press the random button a few times (a different number each time, otherwise you get the same problem)
Or you can get the batbox here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html (its an object you put on lots) and it has an option that says "RANDOMISE SIM GENERATOR"

To make sure you dont get first born syndrome you have to do one of these every time you launch the game.
It happens because the random number generator for creating sims is flawed, and it gives you the same values every time you restart the game. By doing one of these it gives you a new random number to start with

Example: If a couple has a baby and the RNG is on number 1 you get a baby generated by that number, then the next baby you have during that play session is number 2, so it is generated by number 2, then if another couple has a baby that baby is generated from number 3, and so on until you quit the game
The next time you play the generator resets, you're back to number 1, so if you play the same family, and the same couple has a baby, that baby is again generated from number 1. These children are identical in both looks and personality.
By using the batbox, or making random sims in CAS you move them number along. Say you press random 4 times in CAS, now you're on number 5, so the baby the couple has is generated from number 5, making it a different baby from number 1 (this is why if you do the CAS you have to do it a different number of times every time, because if you did it 4 times every time, you'd get a baby from number 5 every time).

Sorry for going on a bit I hope this makes sense to you though, and it solves your problem! If you're still confused theres a lot of other posts about first born syndrome around.
Scholar
#3034 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 7:08 PM
yes i have a one day pregnancy mod and a no social worker mod so the kids basically fended for themselves

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#3035 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 9:20 AM
@Flickstar thank you! I tried it and got a boy. No idea if it worked or was just a coincidence, but I'm gonna keep doing it just in case :D

@Emerald1234 That's insane! I also ave the "no social worker" and "triplets and quads" mods, but 1 day pregnancy would make it too crazy for me!

My first gen 6 sims just turned into adults. Can't wait for them to get babies. I currently have 203 sims in 35 households. I will probably have about 15 houses more when I reach the Dark Ages considering how many teens I have at the moment. I'm so looking forward to that already. I started downloading middle ages houses and clothings and all that
Lab Assistant
#3036 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:20 AM Last edited by PinkySimsie : 13th Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM.
Wow, I just had the weirdest glitch. A sim picked up her baby from the crib and the baby just dissappeared. The baby is gone, also he's not in the sidebar anymore, but is still present in the family tree. I didn't save after the baby was born, so it seems he's gone for good. Anyone else had that happen?

Edited to add: Something is definately going on! In another slave family the woman has given birth to two sets of twins and now quads :O OMG!
Lab Assistant
#3037 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:31 PM
@iireke7, oh wow, that sounds concerning! I am not sure how to get the baby back, hopefully there is a way :/

I have some sad news about my own neighborhood... I'm not sure how, but my game decided to reset itself. After troubleshooting it seems like somehow there must be a duplicate of my Sims 2 folder in My Documents, but I can't find the original files anywhere, just empty neighborhoods and downloads folders.

Basically, this means Lucus Augusti is gone. As well as all my downloads. Sigh...

I have downloaded the basics again, and decided to start over. I'm on day two now. My sims looks really different, as I went with another default skin and eye set this time. I'm having fun though

I'm documenting and plan to introduce you to my new sims later on. I'll miss Lucus Augusti a lot, but let's just make the best of it.

Lab Assistant
#3038 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 7:02 AM
@abcbok Oh no! That's so sad I'd be super pissed! But I'm glad you're trying to be positive about this. If I ever had to start again, I'd do so many things differently. But at the same time I don't want to lose my progress :D
Keep us posted on your new families though, I love hearing about everyones families and adventures

Update on the missing baby: I kept playing and didn't really feel too sad because I have a ton of kids anyway. I had two mre kids after that, then decided to save and go to the neighbourhood and reload the lot and the baby was there, by the mailbox Now it's funny, because he's still a baby, but his youger siblings are already toddlers.
Lab Assistant
#3039 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:10 PM
@iireke7, that's good news about the baby! Hopefully he'll be alright

I have played the first five days now and updated the blog about it I'm doing things a bit differently, so far I'm having a lot of fun! I'm going for technology discoveries, different for each family to get them more unique and maybe get some culture in there. Still playing one day turns so a lot of things happening the first round only, let's see what state my sims manage to get through the Stone Age in

Lab Assistant
#3040 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 9:49 AM
OK guys, sorry for double posting but it's been 3 weeks so I think it's time

How is it going, are you finding time to play now during holiday season? For me it's definitely trickier than usual!

Wanted to let you know that I moved my blog for the ones who are curious. I'm much happier with it now, I feel I can finally make the photos the main part If you want, you'll find it here .

Hope you're all having happy holidays!

Test Subject
#3041 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 10:21 AM
I've been playing for quite a while now (I started my current play through in March 2015) but I've finally made a blog for my test of time here
I have been taking pictures since the start so it will be starting from then. I'm currently on round 6 so hopefully I should remember most of the stuff that happened :')
Lab Assistant
#3042 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 7:36 AM
I always have this tab open and refresh every day waiting for posts! But I haven't really had the time to play, so I haven't posted anything. This time of the year is chaotic. Hopefully I will have some time to play. Some of my gen 6 sims have grown to adults, but no gen 7 babies yet.
Field Researcher
#3043 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 12:25 AM
I just started this again. So much CC! I'm almost done with my first rotation. I will be doing a bit of a different method, with it being matriarchal and no racial stuff. Just via money.

Oh but the Dark Ages is still going to have a lot of death. XD
Lab Assistant
#3044 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 10:56 PM
I got a new laptop and it has Windows 10. It's giving me directx9 or something error. I've tried everything suggested everywhere and the only thing that worked was windowed mode. I hate windowed mode. I hope I didn't uninstall from the other computer yet. I had thought of doing it, but been so busy that I don't know if I actually did it. After I figure this out, I will definitely start a new version.

Check out my ToT neighborhood Hoohoo. Last updated: February 2, 2020
Family Trees
Field Researcher
#3045 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisrouge
I got a new laptop and it has Windows 10. It's giving me directx9 or something error. I've tried everything suggested everywhere and the only thing that worked was windowed mode. I hate windowed mode. I hope I didn't uninstall from the other computer yet. I had thought of doing it, but been so busy that I don't know if I actually did it. After I figure this out, I will definitely start a new version.

What error is it giving you? I'm running Windows 10 and my only issue was the graphics card, and having to do some tweaks.

As an aside, I just finished first round of Gen 1, and I have one sim couple that has miscarried twice in one week. Makes me kind of sad for them. I also had another turn into a werewolf(didn't realize the wolf he had been playing with was LotP) so I had to kill him. This is a depressing playthrough, but so good. :P
Lab Assistant
#3046 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zexxa
What error is it giving you? I'm running Windows 10 and my only issue was the graphics card, and having to do some tweaks.

As an aside, I just finished first round of Gen 1, and I have one sim couple that has miscarried twice in one week. Makes me kind of sad for them. I also had another turn into a werewolf(didn't realize the wolf he had been playing with was LotP) so I had to kill him. This is a depressing playthrough, but so good. :P

THis is the message " Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

You killed the werewolf sim? :O

Check out my ToT neighborhood Hoohoo. Last updated: February 2, 2020
Family Trees
Lab Assistant
#3047 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 10:16 AM
I've been slowly playing again. Nothing remarkable has happened, but I currently have 23 unmarried adult females and only 4 unmarried males. Looks like the guys can really pick and choose which girls they want :D
Lab Assistant
#3048 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 1:26 PM Last edited by oboesapien : 20th Dec 2017 at 6:33 PM.
I always have this tab open and refresh every day waiting for posts! But I haven't really had the time to play, so I haven't posted anything. This time of the year is chaotic. Hopefully I will have some time to play. Some of my gen 6 sims have grown to adults, but no gen 7 babies yet.

Same here!

I may have a new game post soon, though, I have been working on a rules overhaul and custom content library with my SO for a (yes, another, I've lost count) new game. The base concept is instead of Neanderthal (how much time can one spend fishing, really? perhaps I've just played Neanderthal too many times), the first era will be the Age of Myth, and I've been trying to pull together a working economy and rule set that limits how many ex machina things I have to do as the player to keep things moving, as well as add variety. I'm working on cultures and festivals right now (for the starting set, I expect it to evolve over time), as well as who the tribal "gods" are and how they'll interact.

Still haven't decided if I'm going to go to the trouble to get a "clean" neighborhood. I suppose I should bite the bullet because I really don't like all the random moderns wandering around but it seems like a hassle.

EDIT: I did try to get rid of all the annoying moderns walking around. Now to start the game and see if it worked...and if the game is actually playable with this much CC, as I have outdone myself this time...
Lab Assistant
#3049 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 3:14 PM
So I was *not* successful in getting a clean 'hood. Boo. Not sure what went wrong.

On the plus side, I'm done amassing CC (mostly), creating my first batch of lots, and my first five families. It's gorgeous and totally worth all the effort. I just have to ignore the passers-by.

The backstory for my Age of Myth is that an earthquake opened a new valley to exploration by creating a pass in a steep mountain range. Five families from different tribes have entered the valley to try to make new homes. The twist is that they only have what they could bring with them (within reason), so they're living out of tents and such at the beginning. They each got 3k to buy their starting goods (tent, food, seeds, etc.) They also represent different modes of living - one hunter-gatherer (who did not spend most of their 3k), two different pastoral (one cows/milk and one sheep/wool), and two agricultural (farming and orchard - the latter got an exception to "what you can bring with you" because there's no way to plant fruit trees in-game atm). Still working on culture. I'm thinking each tribe will contribute one god to the valley's eventual pantheon. Need to come up with holidays. Also still working on random event tables, I'm upgrading my old random event table to three tables - one for the gods (the patron god(s) of that season will take an action), one for neighborhood (what will that season be like - drought, etc.), and one for each household (no fish, fertility, aspiration change, etc.) Another twist is that this valley is at the foothills of Olympus, near the otherworld - and thus the sims will start to encounter supernatural creatures and events, as well as the direct intervention of the gods, that they have never experienced before.

On a side note: It's funny, the maxis blur has never bugged me before (in...over a decade, yikes), but since this time I've focused so much on improving the game's graphics and "realism", it suddenly does. The cartoony-ness has become out of place. Haven't fixed it yet, don't know if I want to go down that rabbit hole. I know there is *plenty* of more ah, realistic content out there.

Sorry for the long post...I'm back! At least until spring semester starts.

Happy simming,
OS
Lab Assistant
#3050 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 9:22 AM
I didn't even bother with making a clean neighbourhood. I just blantly ignore all the townies :D
I also used my "wild card" yesterday. In the Roman era you're allowed to add a new sim, so I took advantage of that and added a male sim to be able to get one more female married. The new is sim is very mysterious and extreamly wealthy. He has bright red hair and eyes. They already got twins, a boy and a girl. Can't wait for them to age up to see if either got some traits from daddy.
I currently have 243 playable sims in 41 households, so it takes a while to complete a round now :D
Page 122 of 128