Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1901 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 11:58 PM
All I can say is EA tried, and people are more positive. Especially with Pets coming.

Can I blame the fir-, err, absence of Rachel Franklin?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1902 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:17 PM
Very nice GP! Well done, EA! But not enough for me yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#1903 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 11:12 AM
The only thing I need to know now is will Pets have more gameplay than they had in previous itteration (I want pet stores, jobs and pet show items damnit) and will we get bigger worlds and a tool to make them ourselves... I'm content with what EA did to boost up the family play.
dodgy builder
#1904 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
The only thing I need to know now is will Pets have more gameplay than they had in previous itteration (I want pet stores, jobs and pet show items damnit) and will we get bigger worlds and a tool to make them ourselves... I'm content with what EA did to boost up the family play.

You do get a dog, you can't possibly demand more than that. Gameplay will have to come in a later pack
Forum Resident
#1905 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:03 PM
We seem to be in the minority because most people here seem to dislike pet jobs I actually liked them in TS2. It was a nice way to earn some money. But mostly I was glad that my pets had something to do. Pretty often I would create some pets, but then I would rarely interact with them because my Sims were so busy and then I would feel guilty
And I was also a huge fan of being able to control pets. No one ever forced you to do that, so I don't understand the big backlash when people say they want pets in TS4 to be controllable as well. None of my pets ever starved or died when I didn't control them. But it was great to have the option to control them because it made it easer to create relationships with pets.

But I don't think they'll change much about the world system. That doesn't seem likely at this point.
Top Secret Researcher
#1906 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 4:38 PM
Making your own interconnected neighborhoods and more space is something that is really needed though. This 'map' thingy feels more restrictive than the original Sims. That's definitely not a good thing.

I'm not talking open world, but a simple option to make and edit a neighborhood from the list of 50-100 premade landscapes (sims 2 style) would be nice.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1907 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 5:33 PM

I'm going to need a pets expansion to top Unleashed.

You had large pets, small pets, pets shows, pet shops, a new town, an entirely need (and now iconic) architectural style, a cafe, new NPCs, new careers for players and Sims... more of that, please?

Forum Resident
#1908 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'm going to need a pets expansion to top Unleashed.

You had large pets, small pets, pets shows, pet shops, a new town, an entirely need (and now iconic) architectural style, a cafe, new NPCs, new careers for players and Sims... more of that, please?

Yeah, that's why I liked Unleashed. It wasn't just pets and nothing else like later games did. It had all sorts of new stuff. I don't play with pets in The Sims because I feel like they're more of a nuisance than they're worth, but I still really like Unleashed, mainly for Old Town and the complete rezoning of the map.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1909 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:40 PM
It added a lot of content that actually made it worth the price. It follows the golden rule: A singular fleshed put feature (pets) and additional smaller features to flesh out the package (gardening, cafes, etc.), None of the content under performs or feels lacking, even when compared to other overblown features we have now. They're very simple, but they function very well. When I play Unleashed, I don't miss TS3's robust Create A Pet feature, but I do miss pet competitions. Honestly, Unleashed does New Orleans better than TS4. There's actual culture implanted into the game, not just architecture.

It's one of the must have expansion packs of TS1, imo.

Top Secret Researcher
#1910 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 2:35 AM
So is it just me, or does the Family game pack acne skin detail not work like the rest of skin details? The applied acne only shows for that specific clothing category you put on instead of automatically showing for all the clothes. I only realized it once my sim changed her clothes to sleep -> no acne, changed back to everyday -> acne again.
Instructor
#1911 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
So is it just me, or does the Family game pack acne skin detail not work like the rest of skin details? The applied acne only shows for that specific clothing category you put on instead of automatically showing for all the clothes. I only realized it once my sim changed her clothes to sleep -> no acne, changed back to everyday -> acne again.

maybe it's from filthy clothes, we need laundry machines, stat, maybe we will get them next spring
Scholar
#1912 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:42 AM

I literally had to add acne to every outfit category and every outfit for each category, it was really annoying. I hope they fix that. I honestly wish the acne had been a random occurrence, and was darker than it is. As an actual acne sufferer, acne is very red. I mean it still LOOKS like acne but it doesn't look as red and angry as acne can look.

I'm having a few glitches: My current teen (and when he was a child) keeps trying to wash dishes that don't exist, he also seems to still be experiencing childhood phases even though he's a teen. I'm currently working out if I have any outdated mods, because I have gotten some error reports by MCCC.
Instructor
#1913 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I literally had to add acne to every outfit category and every outfit for each category, it was really annoying. I hope they fix that. I honestly wish the acne had been a random occurrence, and was darker than it is. As an actual acne sufferer, acne is very red. I mean it still LOOKS like acne but it doesn't look as red and angry as acne can look.

I'm having a few glitches: My current teen (and when he was a child) keeps trying to wash dishes that don't exist, he also seems to still be experiencing childhood phases even though he's a teen. I'm currently working out if I have any outdated mods, because I have gotten some error reports by MCCC.

haha, me too, I am also trying to figure out the source of this problem, maybe it is an official bug, but alas, i use a lot of mods, including that one
Mad Poster
#1914 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 4:44 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 4th Jun 2017 at 2:10 PM.
Okay so I'm not the only one who had the acne problem. Apparently a person's acne is completely dependent on what outfit they're wearing XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#1915 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 5:00 AM Last edited by Averex : 4th Jun 2017 at 5:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It added a lot of content that actually made it worth the price. It follows the golden rule: A singular fleshed put feature (pets) and additional smaller features to flesh out the package (gardening, cafes, etc.)

I miss the way TS1 did Expansions. Every pack gave a shit ton of content that made it well worth the asking price (mainly because it was before EA realized that dividing content among smaller packs is a great way to triple your profit). Now everything is so piecemeal and you end up paying more because you have to buy multiple packs to get the same content you used to be able to get in one.

Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79

I'm also having glitches. I just got Parenthood, and I'm not sure if it's a broken mod causing it or just the game, but when I played last night I noticed that the red and green symbols that pop up when your relationships with other sims improve/worsen keep blinking repetitively on screen as if the relationship is consistently increasing or declining. Also, am I the only one still experiencing the music glitch where different background music from CAS/neighborhood view overlap over each other and keep playing even when the game is in Live mode? I've been experiencing that glitch on-and-off since I first got the game in 2014...it's so aggravating that I have to constantly mute the music of the game to get some peace.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Scholar
#1916 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 6:00 AM
I get the music glitch less often, as I discovered my own way of handling it without restarting game.

If this happens, I turn the music all the way down, then save and leave my household and return to the neighborhood screen, then I simply edit any family in CAS in manage households in silence, then click back on the house and return, then I turn up the music again, then it's back to one tune again.
Forum Resident
#1917 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 7:40 AM
The June 1 patch seems to be quite buggy. Apart from not actually fixing the VFX and relationship stage issues like it claims, I've had townies wearing random clothes/accessories, music that won't stop playing, random sound effects, various autonomy issues etc.
Mad Poster
#1918 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
the red and green symbols that pop up when your relationships with other sims improve/worsen keep blinking repetitively on screen as if the relationship is consistently increasing or declining.

I had that with the character values blinking and the meters swinging back and forth. I pulled out all mods except clearly unrelated and it stopped. I had some aspiration mods I have not put back in yet. I also have deadly todders and that may be the culprit?
Field Researcher
#1919 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 10:54 AM
Man, in my acne days I wish I knew that acne could be cured by changing outfits!
Top Secret Researcher
#1920 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I get the music glitch less often, as I discovered my own way of handling it without restarting game.

If this happens, I turn the music all the way down, then save and leave my household and return to the neighborhood screen, then I simply edit any family in CAS in manage households in silence, then click back on the house and return, then I turn up the music again, then it's back to one tune again.

I'd just quit and reload the game. Seems like less the effort for the same amount of time lol.
dodgy builder
#1921 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I'd just quit and reload the game. Seems like less the effort for the same amount of time lol.

I don't have any music while building, it might be because I turn it off in settings always when installing sims all over again.
Top Secret Researcher
#1922 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 1:56 PM
I've been experiencing a lot of sound problems too. Sometimes radio doesn't have any sounds, sometimes tv doesn't. Sometimes I get the old overlapping music and yesterday my trash can was trying to learn how to sing. I recorded it and die every time I listen to it. if you want to see it
Mad Poster
#1923 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 2:11 PM
I've been experiencing a lot of sound problems too. Sometimes radio doesn't have any sounds, sometimes tv doesn't. Sometimes I get the old overlapping music and yesterday my trash can was trying to learn how to sing. I recorded it and die every time I listen to it. if you want to see it

LMAO!!!!! That is hilarious!
Forum Resident
#1924 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex

I'm also having glitches. I just got Parenthood, and I'm not sure if it's a broken mod causing it or just the game, but when I played last night I noticed that the red and green symbols that pop up when your relationships with other sims improve/worsen keep blinking repetitively on screen as if the relationship is consistently increasing or declining. Also, am I the only one still experiencing the music glitch where different background music from CAS/neighborhood view overlap over each other and keep playing even when the game is in Live mode? I've been experiencing that glitch on-and-off since I first got the game in 2014...it's so aggravating that I have to constantly mute the music of the game to get some peace.

I had the relationship symbol issue when i first got the patch, it was from the Ui extension cheats mod, I updated that and haven't had it since.
Scholar
#1925 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 11:17 AM
How often do you get those chance cards for children and teens where they ask about advice or demand something? I noticed that my sims only ever get them right after a loading screen and the younger sim always has the "ask about advice" action quequed as if it were an autonomous action.

So, is that a thing they only do when they have free will?

And is there a cheat or mod or perhaps even a legit means that allows a player to trigger those chance cards?
Page 77 of 185