Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#151 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 1:19 AM
Hmm, Canadian accent. The only thing I can think of is the Eastern Provinces speak a faster, merrier dialect and obviously Québec speaking French. But other than that, I can't really pick out a Canadian accent (unless it's an English Canadian speaking French). However, we do say 'eh' a lot. I know I put it at the end of my sentences way too much.

My favorite accent has got to be Cajun accents, which strangely enough in some cases came from the people in Eastern Canadian provinces, who in some cases I've got to take a second listen.

Shut up, Quadratic Equation!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 4:26 PM
Oh and I forgot Italian accents. The kind of mafia-like ones. Those I probably love the very, very most.

We are the lucky ones
Your mother's daughters, your father's sons
Don't you grow old before your time
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 8:05 PM
I love:
Anything Eastern European. Don't know why, but they're cute.
Irish/Welsh.
English.
French Canadian. Probably spawned from watching hockey.
Australian.

I hate:
Spanish. I dunno, they irk me.
Cockney. Not bad if I can understand them, though.
Certain types of French.

As for American accents, I can't say I really "like" any of them. Just, normal, TV show American is okay. **Wonders if anyone has any clue what I'm talking about**
Southern accents annoy me to no end. And I'm around them ALL THE TIME, since I live in West Virginia. My hate probably comes from the fact that even though I've lived here my entire life, I don't have an accent, and West Virginia gets made fun of for their "hick" accents all the time.
New England and Southern California accents make me want to bang my head against the wall. :banghead:

Sorry if I offended anyone =]

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE
#154 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:39 AM
Accents I love....

American..Ive known 2 americans. One from Los Angeles, the other from Maine. I liked both of their accents. I always find it a shock to hear Americans though. We hear them everyday on TV/Movies but they sound so different compared to life!

Japanese people speaking english...No idea why, Just do!

Accents I hate are...Hull accent. Its worse when your listening/speaking to a chav or a woman brought up around chavs. They just speak it so roughly. There are some gorgeous girls in Hull (as anywhere) and they are lovely until they open their trap.

I'm not too keen on my own tbh. I am Scottish but I have lived In Hull for years, people never guess Im Scottish when they meet me but they never say I'm English. I am always either American or Irish but to my family I have an English flair to it. I am confused!!

I hate and like a lot more, but its so early to be thinking!
Field Researcher
#155 Old 16th May 2009 at 10:04 AM
I don't really dislike any accents but my favorites are British, Scottish and German :D.
Scholar
#156 Old 16th May 2009 at 10:50 AM
I LOVE Scottish & Irish accents.

English & American accents just sound normal to me, not special at all, but I do hate Southern accents, they annoy me.

I love New Zealand accents.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
#157 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:52 AM
I love English, Scottish and Irish accents. <33
Mad Poster
#158 Old 17th May 2009 at 11:16 AM
Accents I Love
  • Most American Accents - There are a couple of exceptions to this, the main one being Jersey accents
  • Irish
  • English - Most British accents are nice, but I don't like cockney British accents at all
  • French - Sooooo gorgeous
  • Italian - I looove them so much! They're awesome.
  • Southern accents - Heaps of people are like "You like them?!" but I think they're really sexy.

Accents I Dislike
  • Australian - I may be an Aussie, but I really don't like our accents. They bug me.
  • South African - I don't know...there's just something about them I don't like, though I'm not sure what it is...
Forum Resident
#159 Old 17th May 2009 at 12:13 PM
I love certain English accents, and a certain Southern-esque accent, like Garrett Hedlund and Jackson Rathbone in Twilight.

I suck at describing accents though..I can't explain what type I mean. I just hear an accent and swoon, and have no idea what it is.

There aren't many accents I dislike, except Australian (I think we sound like bogans a lot of the time, but I love that heightened almost English accent like Cate Blanchett) and really lazy speech, the worst offenders being some Americans and English.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 17th May 2009 at 12:22 PM
Like:
English - It sounds so grand... :wow
French - Simply Gorgeous
Scottish - Sounds so funny :p
Irish - Even funnier :haha: joking :p

Dislike
Australian - Like PixCii said + It sounds... abit... Uncivillized (no offence)

Identity Crisis - "Reveal your real identity, Mr. Icognita."
♦Call me Mark, or Mr Invincible Volleyball Player :P♦
Test Subject
#161 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:38 PM
I really can't think of a single accent that I hate or even dislike. When the accent is very thick, it can be hard to understand but I just tell myself to try harder. I'm generally pretty good at deciphering accents but I guess that comes with living in London (or any other culturally diverse city, I suppose).

There are some accents that I sometimes can't help giggling at. My husband is... midwestern American, I suppose, and I can't help but laughing when he says 'vehicle'. He says it like 'veer-hick-kill', whereas I'd say 'veer-kill'. Phonetically speaking, though, his makes a lot more sense.

And also, I find those spitty type accents quite funny. French people speaking English in a very strong accent always sound like their about to spit on you. Or maybe they are, since they're talking to an English person.

Of my favourite accents... I love Jamaican and Nigerian accents. Hmm... what else? Japanese accents are a definite... especially that kind of posh, Tokyo business(wo)man type accent.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 20th May 2009 at 7:11 PM
I just realized that African accents are pretty hot.. Haha.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:32 PM Last edited by sammxo2010 : 25th May 2009 at 4:34 PM. Reason: forgot a huge one :]
Accents I Love:
  • British (Daniel Radcliffe-esque)
  • Scottish
  • Bulgarian
  • A nice Southern drawl, think Matthew McConaughey
  • Italian
  • Jersey :]
Accents I Despise:
  • Spanish/Latino
  • Southern twang (Miley Cyrus)
  • New York/Northern
  • French. Probably from listening to all of my French teacher's tapes, I think they ruined it for me.
Mad Poster
#164 Old 26th May 2009 at 11:49 AM
Accents I Love:
- British
- Russian
- Italian
- American (but not too powerful an accent.)

Accents I Hate:
-Mock Australian (When an American or any other person that hasn't got a proper Australian accent tries to pull one off and makes the vowels too powered. It's not how we sound.)
-New Zealander
-Southern Twang
- German
-Jersey

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 26th May 2009 at 1:02 PM
Love

Welsh
Irish
West Country / Forest of Dean (think Hagrid or The Wurzels)
South African
New Zealand
New York (I think, that Bugsy Malone type accent)
Scottish (more Highlands rather than Glaswegian)

Dislike

Geordie (Newcastle way)
Cockney
French
German
Field Researcher
#166 Old 26th May 2009 at 2:29 PM
I think irish accents and some american accents sound really nice. I actually like Glasweigan accents, my dad has one and to me they sound quite nice.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#167 Old 26th May 2009 at 2:40 PM
No one in Jersey pronounces it Joisey! lol Maybe a handful do, but the rest of us know how to speak properly lol. I can't pick a favorite accent there are quite a few that i like.

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Typical
#168 Old 28th May 2009 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
I don't really mind any accents, unless they are so thick that I can't understand what is being said! A.K.A. British slang!!!

Thank you very much

By that I'm guessing you mean geordie... I'm geordie but can't stand the way they speak... huh
Typical
#169 Old 28th May 2009 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hencing
Dislike

German

No offense but I find the German accent farily funny.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 28th May 2009 at 7:41 PM
northern british accents
québecois speaking english
french
brazilian
new england

hate
scottish- it just sounds so ridiculous to me. no offence, scots on this board!
american accent over any other language-we just have a horrible sounding accent!
Test Subject
#171 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:42 PM
I absolutely LOVE Russian and Spanish accents. I find them such a turn-on!

But I don't think I'd go so far as 'hating' an accent, I mean everyone has a way to speak, right?
Forum Resident
#172 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiscoStorm
New Zealand accents are my favourite, I also love Australian accents aswell. I have Glaswegian accents though! (people from Glasgow)

Wow, really?
So you like it when people say sex instead of six and thet instead of that?

Lol I live in NZ and their accents bother me a bit.

Yummy accents:
- Spanish! Antonio Banderas anyone?!
- Any accent from the UK..*drool*
Sean Bean's in particular :lovestruc

Icky accents:
- Most from the US
- German (lew, I agree they are funny)
- Asian
Test Subject
#173 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:49 PM
Well am from the North of England (Yorkshire) and been told that my Northern accent is very annoying by various people manliy from the south, Lol. But I hate Livapudlian with the eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmm... and high piched voices. Lol.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:54 PM
I've never heard one I didn't like.
Ooh, but I especially love the way people in Oregon and Washington talk.
Love Russian accents too. Ooo and German.
Inventor
#175 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:32 AM
australian accents - totally sexy.

and what i hate really isn't an accent but i CAN'T STANT the way chavs speak!!!!!!!!!!
as soon as they open there mouth i just wanna put my fist right in it > <!!!!
there just sound so stupid and they have no manners at all!! unfortunetly my little sister is a chav and i have a short temper...
but they sware all the time for no reason!!!! "f**kin' this and f**kin' that!" SHUT UP!!!!

I really should put this in the "vent!" thread lol!!

what other accents do i like...
German! very sexy.
american accents are pretty cool too, mostly becasue i don't hear it much (in reall life casue i hear it all the time on tv, but it sound really cool in real life)
Page 7 of 9