Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#176 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:33 PM
I hate Liverpudlian accents (and i come from Liverpool! Fortunately i don't have the accent) :P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:32 PM
A lot of people hate jersey accents :P.

Spanish
British
French
Italian
Russian

Dislikes:
German
Country/southern United States
Minnesota
nasal-y (not even a word lol)

I also don't like how some people pronounce words like pronouncing roof as ruff or creek as crick. It annoys me for some reason.
Field Researcher
#178 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:40 AM
I like... Slow-Drawn Southern Accents, the real slow talkers where it seems they are pausing to think through every word before actually speaking, there's a simple grace there. Also Italian (maybe because my entire family has one), English, Australian and Filipino accents are pretty nice. I'm also pretty sure that I'm partial to Filipino accents because my husband is from the Philippines. When he plays online games though and speaks on Ventrilo and whatnot, people think he's French Canadian. Its pretty funny.

I cannot stand New England accents, drives me absolutely nuts.
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stEEp
Really? I always figured you (= native speakers) hate the German accent lol

Can't speak for everyone, but I love it myself.
Test Subject
#180 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM
I have a silly central Scottish accent, which I HATE. It sounds quite vulgar and I always sound like I wanna fight with you when I speak xD.

I love Newcastle , Russian and American accents. For some reason to me they sound very , classy? idk ^^
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 8:53 PM
In English, I like slight foreign accents (but not too strong ones), especially Scandinavian.
Australian accent is kinda lovely, light French accents adds sexy note proper English lacks, but too thick French accent is annoying.
I like proper British English, but sometimes it does sound nasty (probably it depend more on a person). I don't like some Americn accents, just because people talk so fast and unclearly, that I don't understand a word.

As for the Ukrainian language, I like the way people speak in central areas where I'm from (with that flowing, singing intonation, rounded wowels, ups and downs in their voices, etc.), but not the harsh, naugty West Ukrainian accent (I live in West Ukraine and like everything but people here). It is cute if foreigners (esp. Romanians) try to speak Ukrainian - they sound like cartoon characters.
Test Subject
#182 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:17 PM
Australian. For some reason everytime i hear someone say "Ah went and sawr a movie last night", my heart flips in my chest. So hot.

I also love French, Northern British, and Minnesotan accents, and just about anything Eastern European. And i love Manhattan accents (i've lived here my whole life, so maybe i'm biased), which are VERY different the accents of the other boroughs. We're a lot less nasally then Quees and Long Island, and a lot less Italian then the Bronx. Manhattan is very fast, and everythingsortofjustmeshestogetherintoonelongfuriouswordthatpeoplefromotherpartsoftheUShavetroubleundertstanding.

Hell is other people ~ Sartre
Instructor
#183 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:33 AM
I like pretty much all accents

“When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?”-Marilyn Manson
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#184 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:48 AM
I love Scouse! just listen to Paul McCartney, it's the best.

French accents sound great in general, but then some people make it sound like torture.
Field Researcher
#185 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 12:23 AM
Aussie accents are extremely sexy. Call me unoriginal, but British accents are up there too, closely followed by Southern accents. I guess it's just because I have no real accent, and hearing a different form of speech just fascinates me.
Asian, Russian, French, and German accents sound pretty awesome as well.
All other accents are okay. I don't necessarily hate any accents because you can't blame someone for growing up speaking a particular language/speaking in a certain manner and suddenly being discriminated against for dislike of the way he or she sounds.
Just my opinion.

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Alchemist
#186 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 12:32 AM
hmmm... i like asian accents. heee. they make me silly, especially if its a cute guy/nice voice paired with it.
hmmm not much for british, russian, or italian. actually im sure asian accents are the only ones that do it for me. everything else just mostly sounds like they have a mouth fulla poo D: [ to me, of course, not everyone. ]

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 8:11 PM
I like the brittish accent. but there isn't really any accent's I find annoying.
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 10:16 PM
The only type of accent that I dislike is the southern US drawl and I love British and Canadian accents.
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 1:22 AM
Here eh ken your a pure muppet eh ken like

I'm scottish, I generally dont like english accents, the irish are solid, But the welsh accent is realyy nippy, Especially how they over pronounce the last letter in every sentence. eg "Omg he is a so annoying isn't it-A"

"Scottish by birth, British by law,
Highlander by the grace of God"
Anon
Field Researcher
#190 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 2:52 AM
I like Kiwi, various English, Japanese, Welsh, Bengali, and Brazilian Portuguese accents a lot.

My accent is a Boston one, but it's not very harsh at all. In films everyone from accent has a much stronger than people you'll meet.... except for the urban hicks.
Top Secret Researcher
#191 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 4:42 AM
South African accents scare me because I associate them with a history of oppression and violence. But I love trying to do the accent... "sewth effricahn"!

Even though I'm australian I hate the aussie accent

Quote: Originally posted by omgrawr213
I have no real accent

Everyone has an accent! Apparently even monkeys have accents!

Quote: Originally posted by supersimoholic
australian accents - totally sexy.

and what i hate really isn't an accent but i CAN'T STANT the way chavs speak!!!!!!!!!!
but they sware all the time for no reason!!!! "f**kin' this and f**kin' that!" SHUT UP!!!!

That's a bit of a contradiction... australians swear all the f#%kin' time for no reason
Forum Resident
#192 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 5:51 AM
I dislike many American accents, particularly the New Jersey/New York ones. I love Canadian accents, and picked it up myself when I lived there. I returned home sounding so sexy! I love many European/Brtiish accents, but none more or less than any others. As for the Australian accent (I am Australian), I would cringe everytime I heard it when I was overseas. I remember when I returned home after 4 years away, and entered Australian customs. Not only could I not understand half the people, but the accent drove me insane. It sounds so unrefined!
Field Researcher
#193 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
Everyone has an accent! Apparently even monkeys have accents!

I don't have a distinct accent I mean...
Down in the south, or at least a good number of pure southern habitants, people will think that anything that isn't a Southern drawl is a "Yankee" accent. So I guess that's the manner in which I speak..?

Or maybe I just don't know my accents. I definitely don't have a New York, Jersey, Wisconsin, Southern, or Alaskan accent.

Whatever though.

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Forum Resident
#194 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omgrawr213
I don't have a distinct accent I mean...

You might not be able to notice your accent- I can't notice mine when I am in Australia, and couldn't notice it when I was overseas. But everyone else could, though! Right now I have been in Australia for 3 years and have gotten used to the accent, and can't notice that everyone around me, myself include, has an accent. Does this mean we don't have one? Judging by the amount of people in this thread who 'love' Australian accents, I'd say not.
Field Researcher
#195 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 4:29 AM
I have an Australian accent. I like most accents, because we all have our own unique way of talking.

Three equals four.
Scholar
#198 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Emerald1234 : 13th Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM.
i like scouse and welsh accents but not a big fan of the geordie accent (even though i have it)

some american accents i like and australian accent isnt bad

oh and i love the south African accent

sometimes the posh english accent is my favorite,i like bostonian and new york accents too and rednecks!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#199 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:30 PM
I like Irish accents, but I don't like my Spanish accent

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
dodgy builder
#200 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:36 PM
I like the accent from the inner mountains in Telemark.

... but like, em? Why did you wake up this ancient thread to talk about that?
Page 8 of 9