Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:23 AM
Default The Sims 2 on Windows 10 - I forgot to use the patches as I installed
Hi guys

It's been a long time since I have installed The Sims 2. I just installed all expansion packs and stuff packs on my Windows 10 PC. It appears to be working.

However, I completely forgot about game patches. I realise I probably should have installed them for each EP and SP as I went along.

Is it too late to patch? I've installed everything up to Mansions and Gardens.

Do I have to start all over again? Or can I patch the game now, even though it's already installed?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:32 AM
Go ahead and patch now. It won't fix anything that's already gone wrong, but it will prevent future problems from occurring.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Go ahead and patch now. It won't fix anything that's already gone wrong, but it will prevent future problems from occurring.

Thank you for replying! Actually I haven't played my game yet, just checked to see if it is actually running.

So when you say "it won't fix anything that's already gone wrong" do you mean, that if I have been playing the game and come across problems due to not patching the game, those problems won't be fixed?

If that's what you meant then I am okay because I haven't played at all. Please let me know if I understood you correctly
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:13 AM
Peni might be thinking of the Ottomus family, they are in the bin and come with a messed up family tree. Instead of Peter being the dad a random sim or even a dog might be listed.They get fixed in the Season patch but only if you put it on before loading up a hood. So if you haven't loaded up at all-great! Put all the patches on now and you are good to go.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Peni might be thinking of the Ottomus family, they are in the bin and come with a messed up family tree. Instead of Peter being the dad a random sim or even a dog might be listed.They get fixed in the Season patch but only if you put it on before loading up a hood. So if you haven't loaded up at all-great! Put all the patches on now and you are good to go.

Thank you both for your kind help! Luckily I never play the Maxis families anyway hahaha!