Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:29 PM
Default Cats & Dogs Update Destroys Game Functionality
So, I installed the new Cats & Dogs update, and the game doesn't want to work anymore. Basically, the screen goes entirely white and freezes as soon as I start up CAS(I deleted my old saves because of my mods being updated). Just in case this is a problem with my graphics card, I attached my Graphics Card information, but I doubt that is the problem, as I decided to remove my mod folder, and CAS loaded. So, I went and opened DmitryMalfatto's Mod Conflict Detector, and ran the scanner. However, it couldn't read on Studio K's and Simpliacity's content, so I removed them temporarily and loaded the game, yet it still froze on a white screen in CAS. I opened the scanner without the custom content that failed to load, and the Conflict Detector said there were no conflicts. In summary, I need help finding the conflicting mods and removing them. I attached my mod folder here, so you guys can see what is causing it because idk what it is.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:33 PM
I am downloading your mods folder so I can check it out. Also, here is my suggestion (via this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602821) in the meantime.

Also, please check SimsViP for updated lists of mods that work - apparently even mods that were FIXED for pets may create issues as you get deeper into game-play. This list is the best one I have found so far.
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebflover777
So, I installed the new Cats & Dogs update, and the game doesn't want to work anymore. Basically, the screen goes entirely white and freezes as soon as I start up CAS(I deleted my old saves because of my mods being updated). Just in case this is a problem with my graphics card, I attached my Graphics Card information, but I doubt that is the problem, as I decided to remove my mod folder, and CAS loaded. So, I went and opened DmitryMalfatto's Mod Conflict Detector, and ran the scanner. However, it couldn't read on Studio K's and Simpliacity's content, so I removed them temporarily and loaded the game, yet it still froze on a white screen in CAS. I opened the scanner without the custom content that failed to load, and the Conflict Detector said there were no conflicts. In summary, I need help finding the conflicting mods and removing them. I attached my mod folder here, so you guys can see what is causing it because idk what it is.

You may want to get help in the tech section of the official forums. You're playing on a laptop and requirements increased quite a bit for Cats & Dogs. It looks like you're probably under the new requirements to play the game and you've got over 2GB of custom content and mods on top of that.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:51 PM
I have unzipped and am looking at your mods folder and my first thoughts:
If this is your **EXACT** mods folder as it is in your game, I can see some immediate issues before going through individual files.

Please go to SIMSVIP.COM and go through the list and comments to get some fantastic info on what is working and what isn't.

Weerbesu's UI mod has been updated to 1.10, I believe, and you have 1.9 - please download the update.
Extreme Violence mod has either been updated or in the process.
Triplis - some have been updated, others no.
Custom traits - NO - most do not work right now. Zerbu hasn't responded (yet) and so if these custom traits were made with his Trait constructor and it needs updating, that may be a long time coming. REMOVE!! My personal experience with a lot of these even before the update was that my sims would just freeze and look like statues. Creepy and weird.

Andrew Poseplayer - no - needs updating

I see a lot of files like jpgs and pngs, disabled files, text and unzipped python files. If these are in your mods folder as you play the game, may I suggest the following:

python files that are in mods generally remain zipped in your mods folder. Remove .jpg and .png files and disabled mods. I also see tray files in your mods folder.

Now, I will go through each of your package files individually and see what I can come up with. I am not going to run my game with your mods folder in it.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:10 AM Last edited by chicvibe : 11th Nov 2017 at 1:19 AM. Reason: more words
I have gone through each of your downloads individually - Please read carefully:

While I am uploading your mods folder to dropbox (it is taking some time- you'd think I had caveman internet) here are my notes - if any of this is obvious to you, that is fine - I just want to make sure that I am detailed, thorough and articulate.

1. When you download your mods folder, please make sure it is in a separate place from your original mods folder before unzipping - maybe temporarily rename your mods folder peaches or steve. Just so you won't mix the two up.

2. I went through every mod (pretty) carefully. The only script mod I left in your folder intact is the Romantic Skygaze. I know for a fact that that mod works perfectly. Other script/package mod combos, pose player, traits, I put in another folder. It is labelled "update unless these are custom traits, then delete those custom traits" I did NOT delete anything - this way you can go through one-by-one and update/delete them yourself.

3. There were some CAS items that did NOT show up properly in Sims4Studio. That means your sim may be missing their feet, or legs, or chest or whatever because the creator's original mod is lacking something or you don't have the original mesh. I separated these in a folder that says "CAS MODS that don't work - Delete" If they are updated or you need a mesh, then you can go through one-by-one and find them.

4. Photos of content have been put in their own folder - this folder does NOT go in your mods folder - put it somewhere where you can look at the pretty pictures, but bogging your mods folder down with these is not a good idea.

5. You had a few duplicates. I deleted those.

6. The " IDK what this is" folder - probably shouldn't have in your mods folder. It was not obvious to me why these files were in your folder.

7. My "suggested" Mods folder - an empty folder with 4 sub-folders to help you organize without going crazy. Sub-folders in sub-folders x infinity will make your game crazy, and maybe make you crazy too.

8. Again, the easiest thing for you to do is go to SimsViP.com and check the updated/outdated mods list (carefully) - there are links to just about everything you need, there are thoughtful comments and helpful tips, and I really want you to enjoy your game.

9. Last, but not least: I applied the batch fixes for your beds, but custom sofas are still apparently an issue. You have very little of both, so no worries there, but be aware.

10. The Tray files are in a folder marked - wait for it - Tray. Simply drag this folder into your Sims 4 folder and it will merge with your current tray folder.

10a. If you decide to use my "suggested" mods folder and organize your content, make sure you add the resource.cfg file to it. Please, though - organize it from "my" mods folder that I went through - it is corrected and as clean as it can be.

10b. When the link to dropbox is ready, I will PM you with the link.