Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 11th Nov 2017 at 11:44 AM.
Default Merged cc problem with new update
Hello!

So like always, the cats and dogs patch has messed up my game which is to be expected. Sorted through all of my mods and found the culprit - something in one of my big merged package files. Is there any way to figure out which one in the merged package is causing the issue and delete it? I know in sims4studio you can view the individual files in the merged package and delete and edit them, but I'm not sure which exact file it is causing the issue and how to find it. There are a lot of files in that specific merged package, which is unfortunate.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:27 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 10th Nov 2017 at 8:56 PM.
Sadly, that's one of the biggest set backs with merging cc. The only method I know of is that you would have to have unmerged copies of the cc that is in your merged package. You would then go through those and test them in groups to pinpoint the culprit and then you would import that package back into the merged package which would then show you all the resources of that one cc that you would like to remove and from there you can go through go through and delete the resources of the specific package....
----------------------------------------------------------------
I shouldve mentiond this is what I know with S3PE Idk the most effective method for s4pe
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:01 PM
honestly i stopped having cc until all expansions are released, especially pets because pets is such a huge overhaul. In sims 3 I did the same thing and pets broke all my cc so now I just use mods and no cc until all expansions come out, or you'll have no choice but to go through it all.
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Sadly, that's one of the biggest set backs with merging cc. The only method I know of is that you would have to have unmerged copies of the cc that is in your merged package. You would then go through those and test them in groups to pinpoint the culprit and then you would import that package back into the merged package which would then show you all the resources of that one cc that you would like to remove and from there you can go through go through and delete the resources of the specific package....
----------------------------------------------------------------
I shouldve mentiond this is what I know with S3PE Idk the most effective method for s4pe

That doesn't work with Sims 4, sadly. With Sims 4 Studio, you cannot delete things from merged packages. You have to have the loose files organized somewhere. I merged in Sims 3, because it was a necessity for performance, but it's a serious PIA with Sims 4 and I've heard it doesn't really make a difference unless you're playing with a lot (and I mean a lot) of custom content and/or have a lower end machine.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
That doesn't work with Sims 4, sadly. With Sims 4 Studio, you cannot delete things from merged packages. You have to have the loose files organized somewhere. I merged in Sims 3, because it was a necessity for performance, but it's a serious PIA with Sims 4 and I've heard it doesn't really make a difference unless you're playing with a lot (and I mean a lot) of custom content and/or have a lower end machine.

Thats too bad.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:37 AM Last edited by chicvibe : 11th Nov 2017 at 2:38 AM. Reason: clarification
It's not merged packages, but swatches within each item you can delete in Sims4Studio. Honestly, 99% of the time I would NOT recommend downloading merged files even - for example, Peacemaker-IC had to update a bunch of his stuff and I had merged files of all of his collections (that he merged and provided) and having to go through piece by piece is time-consuming, and I ended up with duplicates bogging my folder down. The only things I have merged are lipsticks grouped by style and creator and a few CAS items.
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
It's not merged packages, but swatches within each item you can delete in Sims4Studio. Honestly, 99% of the time I would NOT recommend downloading merged files even - for example, Peacemaker-IC had to update a bunch of his stuff and I had merged files of all of his collections (that he merged and provided) and having to go through piece by piece is time-consuming, and I ended up with duplicates bogging my folder down. The only things I have merged are lipsticks grouped by style and creator and a few CAS items.

Yes, you can delete swatches, but in Sims 3 with S3PE you could delete resources from a merged package and effectively remove an item from your game that way. I don't remember the steps now, because it's been too long, but I have done it. Very different than Sims 4. I only download merged Sims 4 custom content if I don't have a choice (like sometimes a creator will merge a curtain set together, and so on). I like being hands on with my custom content. Merging is a real pain and I wouldn't recommend it at all for Sims 4.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:44 AM