Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#7176 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
As you know, aliens (Seasons) can summon giant meteors (Ambitions).

I knew from experience that analyzing the giant meteors results in a bigger take of simolians. Well, I had nothing better to do today (that is, nothing better that I wanted to do than check out the most profitiable way to get Giant Meteors)

As you can see from the data, analyzing your giant meteors results in an 86% increase in profits, even if the meteors themselves vary far more widely (12x the standard deviation).

TL;DR - analyze your giant meteors for the biggest return for the bang. Squashing NPC sims is just a side benefit...

I have no way to find out for myself, since I don't have Seasons, but I've been wondering: If you also have Supernatural, does using the potion to turn your meteors into gold affect the value as well? If so, how?

Quote: Originally posted by SayLegendary
I recently moved my family into a new house. It was quite spacious, but everytime sims wanted to interact with each other, they left the house and did it in the corner of the lot. When I moved them to another house, everything was fine. Anyone knows why that happened?

The house may have been spacious, but the sims didn't think so. It's possible that the floors weren't completely level. A difference small enough to still allow you to build can interfere with a lot of things later. Or there might be something invisible stuck in the middle of the floor. (Or the sims really wanted you to move them.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Test Subject
#7177 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The house may have been spacious, but the sims didn't think so. It's possible that the floors weren't completely level. A difference small enough to still allow you to build can interfere with a lot of things later. Or there might be something invisible stuck in the middle of the floor. (Or the sims really wanted you to move them.)

Hmm, interesting. Is there a way to find such problems during the building of the house, not while playing on the lot?
Site Helper
#7178 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 9:06 PM
The easiest way during building is to Level Terrain across the entire building area before building anything.

Invisible objects stuck in (or on) the floor usually happen during gameplay in the form of a "jig" that doesn't clean itself up properly. You are not likely to find them during building unless they interfere with leveling the terrain.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Top Secret Researcher
#7179 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 10:42 PM
How would you clear such jigs?
Site Helper
#7180 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:10 AM
I use Master Contoller, but I believe you can also find them under Debug Enabler. Using Master Controller requires the Cheats module, Household>Object Stats> and if there is anything on the list named "jig" delete it. (Of course, you should make sure that there is no sim on the lot that is interacting with another sim or with an object before doing this. You should also save the game before doing this, as a precaution.)

Mad Poster
#7181 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 2:01 AM
If I may, it's MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory. If a social or pet social jig is deemed to be in use when this function is used to Flush it, the sims involved may jump to one side or end up getting reset, but nothing really horrible should happen. Door jigs, again if deemed to be in use, tend to just respawn as needed.
Top Secret Researcher
#7182 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 8:53 PM
Is anyone else being annoyed by the "eyeshadow" (I use the term lightly) from Supernatural showing up in places where it's not wanted?
Top Secret Researcher
#7183 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Is anyone else being annoyed by the "eyeshadow" (I use the term lightly) from Supernatural showing up in places where it's not wanted?

Yes. Themed worlds have clothes and makeup that's just out of place in other worlds.

I'm tempted to try NRAAS dresser, and see if I can get it to work. Why? Because when I dress up my sims in custom clothing then pack 'em up for populating worlds, the invariably end up in the Potato sack.

I mean this boring beige dress thing that looks like it's a potato sack with a rope around it... what are the odds? Each one had custom content clothes and when I put them in the world, potato sacks. What's up with that? Not even random clothes! This sack is some sort of default clothing. One had a beautiful kimono... another a drindl, and the third fairy clothes. they all got the sack! The odds of that being random are incredibly small.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#7184 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 1:31 PM
Yes. Themed worlds have clothes and makeup that's just out of place in other worlds.

I'm tempted to try NRAAS dresser, and see if I can get it to work. Why? Because when I dress up my sims in custom clothing then pack 'em up for populating worlds, the invariably end up in the Potato sack.

I mean this boring beige dress thing that looks like it's a potato sack with a rope around it... what are the odds? Each one had custom content clothes and when I put them in the world, potato sacks. What's up with that? Not even random clothes! This sack is some sort of default clothing. One had a beautiful kimono... another a drindl, and the third fairy clothes. they all got the sack! The odds of that being random are incredibly small.

Apparently, your CC clothes were being left behind so they had to grab something to put on. That dress is the female default. (And I don't even want to talk about what the MEN grab...) I would be very cautious about blacklisting the outfit the game knows it should use if it can't figure out what it was supposed to be looking for.

(Actually, I would be very cautious about Dresser anyway. I put it in my game and it automatically decided to edit the outfits of everyone in the neighborhood and give them accessories. And it was just installed, so I hadn't gotten a chance to tell it that the glass fairy wings, the tails, and several other CAS accessories were not to be used on the general population. The guy with glass wings, wolf tail, and the halo was the straw that broke the camel's back. )

Theorist
#7185 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 3:02 PM
Yeah I never understood why random accessories being applied by the mod was enabled.
I was wondering why my local politician was walking around with a sword on his back like an extra from Elder Scrolls. Perhaps he wanted to attempt a coup

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7186 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 4:26 PM

(...)
I am pretty certain that both cases are not normal.

If you mean the "zombie" eyeshadow then I have so far never seen it applied to game generated Sims apart from werewolves in their werewolf form, and, obviously, zombies.

And the potato sack as a replacement for cc suggests to me that something went wrong during the export. If you export a family from one world to another within the same user folder, the cc within that folder should not go missing all of a sudden. It's in any case not world dependent.
Instructor
#7187 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM
Does anyone know if the Funeral party is tied to a specific EP, or you can just throw it after a family member dies? And in general how does it work? I've never tried, but always suspected it's a Generations thing (which I don't have installed now).

Oh and on the topic of ridiculous outfit/accessory additions, I used to have 5 or 6 different versions of snakebite/monroe piercings all in gloves so before I got the 'No gloves with outerwear' mod 80% of the townies' outerwear included facial piercings instead of gloves. Including the elderly and the town mayor.
Top Secret Researcher
#7188 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Apparently, your CC clothes were being left behind so they had to grab something to put on. That dress is the female default. (And I don't even want to talk about what the MEN grab...) I would be very cautious about blacklisting the outfit the game knows it should use if it can't figure out what it was supposed to be looking for.

(Actually, I would be very cautious about Dresser anyway. I put it in my game and it automatically decided to edit the outfits of everyone in the neighborhood and give them accessories. And it was just installed, so I hadn't gotten a chance to tell it that the glass fairy wings, the tails, and several other CAS accessories were not to be used on the general population. The guy with glass wings, wolf tail, and the halo was the straw that broke the camel's back. )

Thanks for reminding me why I removed dresser. I like the blacklist/whitelist idea but I never got it working right. Maybe there is a way to shut off checking people's clothing. I not sure how Dresser works when I travel, tho. I want Egypt, China, France and The Future to dress like their offensive stereotypical garb as EA intended.
Top Secret Researcher
#7189 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 6:54 PM
The zombie eyeshadow - never seen it on one of my townies, but my own sim wears it of her own accord from time to time, which bugs me.
Field Researcher
#7190 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 11:30 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 7th Nov 2017 at 12:08 AM.

Why yes, and other stuff too! I just spent part of 2 days redoing my settings using Easy CASP Editor by Kuree. When you use it, it's really surprising to see how EA designates some things (like it's an overcoat, but it's not enabled for outerwear - fixed that, and a heck of a lot more that I won't bore with). All that crazy makeup I disabled for random too.

Link to Kuree's Easy CASP Editor
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1589/

Link to more info available on NRaas
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Blackli...asy+CASP+Editor

ETA: I keep the Easy CASP Editor folder in my D drive and only bring it to the desktop when I want to make changes. After all I changed the last 2 days, I probably won't have to do it in full ever again. Besides what I see the non-actives wearing, it irks me that EA didn't enable all of the hairs for all categories (fixed that shite too).
Your changes/settings are saved to the Mods/Packages folder so it's easy to move or remove them if you want to start over fresh with the settings (like I did a couple of times).
#7191 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
(...), it irks me that EA didn't enable all of the hairs for all categories (fixed that shite too).
(...)
In many cases this is actually intentional. When a hair is not enabled for a specific category the game will read the ID that is stored in a different part of CASP, CASPart1Index, and use the hair that is referenced there instead. This was mainly used for hairs with accessories.
You will particularly find that in many cases your CASP edits will have no effect on the nude outfit. If the Everyday 1 of your Sim uses a hair with a specified CASPart1Index the game will forcibly use that entry for the nude outfit. This is also the reason why some custom hairs don't work with the nude outfit even though they are enabled for naked and will change a Sim into some horrible hair when they enter the shower.

I don't know whether Kuree's CASP editor takes this into consideration though.
Field Researcher
#7192 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 4:29 AM
@Don Babilon - I'll check on a couple of the nude hairs I changed in a test game to see if they work with the Kuree edits I did. My active in the game I'm playing now is a male so he can't help me Some of my favorite male hairs weren't career enabled. I don't get why they wouldn't be, and some of the female hairs might not have had accessories.

At least I won't be seeing any more of the long ruffled SN skirts being worn as outerwear, ITF full outfits as outerwear, winter Seasons boots as everyday, etc.
Alchemist
#7193 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 7:24 PM
Does anyone know of a way to make stuff that sims can't walk through, in World Builder? There's an annoying bug in Riverview and Island Paradise: if sims leave the cemetery heading across the riverbank, there's a point where they'll be stuck in an endless loop animation of getting in boat, sailing 2 squares, returning to the riverbank, getting in the boat again etc. The mind-boggling thing is that sims will ignore even giant boulders if I put them there, they'll just walk right through them!

Or really, any way to fix this would be nice

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#7194 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Does anyone know of a way to make stuff that sims can't walk through, in World Builder? There's an annoying bug in Riverview and Island Paradise: if sims leave the cemetery heading across the riverbank, there's a point where they'll be stuck in an endless loop animation of getting in boat, sailing 2 squares, returning to the riverbank, getting in the boat again etc. The mind-boggling thing is that sims will ignore even giant boulders if I put them there, they'll just walk right through them!

Or really, any way to fix this would be nice

I think the issue in Riverview is that the waterways are too narrow there and in certain other places to handle boat routing properly. Either that, or you have NRaas GoHere with Boat Routing blocked from before a version came out where that option actually works as it should.

The currently in beta testing version of GoHere, what is now v44k, fixes the broken option.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/GoHere+Testing
(this link will go nowhere or to the wrong place once v44 of GoHere is fully released)

I like the idea of the world lot barriers in certain places, but am not sure how to arrange that myself either. Maybe we could lure sims away from the troubled waters (so to speak) with an entire bank of ice cream machines, deep fryers, and chocolate fountains, but I'm not sure that strategy will have exactly the effect on gameplay that everyone wants -- fat sims who never want to leave that portion of the map for anything?
Alchemist
#7195 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I think the issue in Riverview is that the waterways are too narrow there and in certain other places to handle boat routing properly. Either that, or you have NRaas GoHere with Boat Routing blocked from before a version came out where that option actually works as it should.

The currently in beta testing version of GoHere, what is now v44k, fixes the broken option.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/GoHere+Testing
(this link will go nowhere or to the wrong place once v44 of GoHere is fully released)

I like the idea of the world lot barriers in certain places, but am not sure how to arrange that myself either. Maybe we could lure sims away from the troubled waters (so to speak) with an entire bank of ice cream machines, deep fryers, and chocolate fountains, but I'm not sure that strategy will have exactly the effect on gameplay that everyone wants -- fat sims who never want to leave that portion of the map for anything?

Ooh, thank you! I'd noticed a string instead of the GoHere option but I assumed it was a mod conflict I'll try the new version! I've noticed the water is too shallow in most of the river, as sims often pause swimming to walk over those areas, or just refuse to go to them altogether. Interestingly enough, sims also can't go under those bridges, as opposed to the ones in WA, LN etc.

The problem is that while the game does provide some fences used in the world, sims just ignore them and route right through them - or at least they do near the riverbank, haven't tried other areas.

Now I'm just tempted to fill the graveyard with snow cone machines.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
#7196 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:39 PM
There are no such objects that I know of; as you noticed, Sims will walk through things when they are outside lots, even if these blocked them on lots.
In a similar situation I was once linked to invisible boulders for use in Edit World but the results were mixed, i.e. they didn't work reliably. I think it was @tizerist who gave me the links.

Another solution is to place a new (small) lot in Edit World on those spots that are tricky. Sims will not go through a lot in order to leave another one. If you use Traveler while doing this you can tag them as hidden tombs so they don't show up in Map View later. (You can remove Traveler later once the lots are set.)
But in places like the graveyard in Riverview you might just end up with another corner that then poses the same problem.
This method at least worked perfectly for me in a custom world where there was one particular spot from which boats could not leave.
Mad Poster
#7197 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:44 PM
Is there a way to learn photography without going to Egypt? My Sim has a work opportunity to learn photography and bring photos to work. However, if I send my Sim to Egypt to buy photography books and buy a camera, his kids can't go to school the next day. (Its Tuesday, they haven't just grown up, the stupid Holiday is on Thursday. They should go to school, but somehow dad coming back from vacation is screwing up school.)
Mad Poster
#7198 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Is there a way to learn photography without going to Egypt? My Sim has a work opportunity to learn photography and bring photos to work. However, if I send my Sim to Egypt to buy photography books and buy a camera, his kids can't go to school the next day. (Its Tuesday, they haven't just grown up, the stupid Holiday is on Thursday. They should go to school, but somehow dad coming back from vacation is screwing up school.)

There are mods out there (or is it the BuyDebug cheat?) that will allow cameras to be buyable in homeworlds. They also show up for sale occasionally at Consignment Stores (Ambitions). There are also mods that allow all books to be sold in all book stores and all skill books to be available in the public library -- as I recall, there is only one photography skill book though. The rest of the skill levels have to obtained from practice.

But before going through any of that, if you have Uni your sim can take pictures with their smartphone. They did this so that the skill could be practiced by those in the Communications major for players who do not have WA. Not good enough?
Mad Poster
#7199 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:22 PM Last edited by Orilon : 10th Nov 2017 at 12:11 AM.
I uninstalled Uni out of frustration, so I don't have any Uni features. I just have World Adventures, Ambitions, Seasons, Supernatural, Island Paradise and Into the Future.

Edit to add: Thank you for reminding me about buydebug. I was able to buy a camera through buydebug and use that to take pictures for his job.
Forum Resident
#7200 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:13 AM
So when I select an on-lot sim in NRAAS portrait panel and go to friendly, there’s a weird looking interaction called “ERROR!!” Is this part of the nerd trait or something, or should I not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Until I know what it does, I’m not touching it with a 10 foot pole and am praying to God it isn’t autonomous.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Page 288 of 385