Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2016 at 2:05 AM
Default simpe thumbnails
In SimPE for some sims instead of showing a picture of them, I get a mr potato head picture. First of all, is there a way to fix it? I heard since AL that everytime a sim changes outfit their thumbnail changes sso maybe that would to the trick? And two if you can't is the mr potato head ok?
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 9th May 2016 at 3:17 AM
Just throwing my experience in: the Mr. Potato Head thumbs happens on some of my playable sims and I have no problems with them in game or editing them in SimPE.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#3 Old 9th May 2016 at 3:39 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 9th May 2016 at 3:57 AM.
A Mr. Potato Head icon is just a Sim whose thumbnail hasn't been created yet. If the Potato Head's background is grey, it's fine. Sims with a GREY/BLACK background are complete Sims with character data (except for the NPCs named here).

Now the ones to be concerned about are icons with a BLUE and RED background.

The ones with a BLUE background involve known Sims with their files in Characters folder of the neighborhood folder. These Sims with the blue backgrounds are memories of that sim from other Sims. This is a problem in the sense that the other Sims (who possess the memory of this BLUE background sim) will not be referencing the actual existing Sim (the one with the grey background) in the neighborhood when gossiping/talking about them. Or that the other Sims will have multiple memories of the same Sim through different "versions" of the actual sim.

The ones with a RED background are unknown Sims, or objects found from the objects.package file, or Download objects from your Downloads folder that possess an NPC file.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th May 2016 at 1:40 PM
If you have the sim blender by twojeffs, you can go to the 'change a sims name' option and flip through each page of sims (which will generate their images), then cancel it out.
Theorist
#5 Old 9th May 2016 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
The ones with a RED background are unknown Sims, or objects found from the objects.package file, or Download objects from your Downloads folder that possess an NPC file.

Is it safe or doable to give unknown sims with a red background a name ? Four of them in my game are Multi-PT.
I'd like to avoid the
Quote:
Sim has no Character file: 0x0001 SimID=0x004D7C0E
when I run Hoodchecker but I've yet to find a way.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th May 2016 at 4:04 PM
@Essa: I'm not certain about the unknowns in general but I would advise you NOT to touch the PTs at least. They usually have no character file, nor do they need any. Because they will not show up anywhere except possibly as the fathers of half-alien kids.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:50 AM
Default Thank you !
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
If you have the sim blender by twojeffs, you can go to the 'change a sims name' option and flip through each page of sims (which will generate their images), then cancel it out.

I am so grateful ! May God Bless, truly !!

"But the Word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it." Deut. 30: 14
May God Bless, T