Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:45 PM
Default WCIF mod for custom styles on CAS
I know I'm not the first person to ask but when I researched this I only found some pretty old threads. I was wondering if anyone knew of any updates or new ideas on how to use this.
Basically, I'd like to be able to save my own style outfits on CAS so I can repeat them and not come up with them on my own again.
Any info on this would be appreciated it!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:50 PM
To save your own styles when you are in CAS, you change the patterns, and/or colors as you are in CAS and then click on the folder icon to save them to your library immediately. There is also an option to make a sims3pack (export the file).

When you are done playing your game, in your Documents> Electronic Arts>The Sims3>Exports folder, you should see a little .sims3pack file. You can remove the file to a backup drive, or put it in your downloads folder and install it.

If you clicked the folder icon to save in-game, the outfit or whatever you modified will be there. The .sims3pack file is a good backup if you have to reinstall your game. I would suggest you put that in a safe place as a backup.

With the Sims3pack, you can also extract it to a .package file using the http://modthesims.info/d/364038, making sure you tick the rename package so it doesn't come up as a bunch of numbers.

The folder icon means it is in your library, and the star icon means it is custom content you have installed via the download launcher (unless it is an EA store item, which will have the shopping bag icon, the plumbob for a specific expansion or nothing at all if it is base game).

If you want to create a custom sim for your future use, it is the same thing - once you create them with all their outfits, you not only save them to your library, but export the file to a Sims3pack, and you will have a backup for future use.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:48 PM
@chicvibe Either I am really confused or I feel like you're talking about sims 3?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by valentinevar
@chicvibe Either I am really confused or I feel like you're talking about sims 3?

hahahaha you are soooo right. Doh!!

and no. I don't think we can save our own styles. I was just wondering about creating collections in build/buy mode myself.

sorry!