Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:20 PM
Default Way to stop notifications?
Is there a hack where you can pause or disable in-game notifications that appear within the game?

For example, I run a mine lot and I get a pop-up everytime sometimes finds a stone etc.

Does anyone know if there is a mod for this?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 12:33 PM
I think you'd have to mod out that particular notification changing the BHAV for that action. I"ve done it with one of the opportunity mics because those notifications were out of control.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I think you'd have to mod out that particular notification changing the BHAV for that action. I"ve done it with one of the opportunity mics because those notifications were out of control.

Thanks!

What I really want to do is get rid of notifications when mining... do you know how I would find the BHAV for that?
Alchemist
#4 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ichigo2006
Thanks!

What I really want to do is get rid of notifications when mining... do you know how I would find the BHAV for that?

I'm rather terrible at finding particular sim actions. I usually "cheat" by finding a mod that someone else has made so I can use it to find out what I'm supposed to change. Maybe someone good at finding stuff will come along and tell us a better method?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:49 PM
Are you talking about the mining machine? That's Sims 3, isn't it?
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Are you talking about the mining machine? That's Sims 3, isn't it?

Oh, really? I assumed the OP meant digging. Like with HL's http://www.modthesims.info/d/531434...-diggables.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 6:31 PM
Oh, okay- but I've not heard 'mining' used for Sims 2 digging before, that's why I was asking.
Alchemist
#8 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Oh, okay- but I've not heard 'mining' used for Sims 2 digging before, that's why I was asking.

Could be just my own imagination.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 10:34 PM
Perhaps they mean Sun&Moons mining 'workstation' I can't remember if that has a pop-up though.

OP please let us know what mining this is that you are talking about. If you want Sims 3 help try the sims 3 board. Probably the help section rather than the WCIF section.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 11:13 PM
I mean the "dig for treasure" option on Sims 2 - sorry, I just call it 'mining' >.<
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 11:28 PM
You might want to try the modding board http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=8 if you want to try modding this since as far as I know this has never been modded.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 9:34 AM
Thanks!

You have to change BHAV 0x201B Dig for Stuff - Found Object TNS of Group 0x7F084A90 (DirtPile_Globals) found in objects.package.
Scholar
#13 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:58 AM
The 'showheadlines false' cheat stops most notifications
Alchemist
#14 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 12:44 PM
I mean the "dig for treasure" option on Sims 2 - sorry, I just call it 'mining' >.<

That's what I thought. I'd change the BHAV, if Chris's suggestion didn't do it.

Quote: Originally posted by clsve
You have to change BHAV 0x201B Dig for Stuff - Found Object TNS of Group 0x7F084A90 (DirtPile_Globals) found in objects.package.