Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7101 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 2:25 AM
Even with the 4GB patch, I swear that SimPE has the worst memory leak I've ever seen.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7102 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Delivering her second twin in the kitchen, the pixel mommy got a thought balloon of a baby and THE STOVE. I clicked on it ..."hand baby to the stove". OMG she wants to kill the baby! But she handed it to her husband. Wish I had taken a picture. So a question: do Sims in labor loose what little mind they have, and try to hand a baby to WHATEVER is close?

True story: When my grandma was a baby her family didn't have any heating in their house so she slept in the oven
Mad Poster
#7103 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I don't know what any of that is, but I know what I'd do. I already rewrote all the spells in plain English with better rhymes. I'd make them into that kind and just pretend the rest, looking for whatever mods and such that came to me as I played.

Some hacks and debug tools can make good "pretend" magic too if you're careful.
Mad Poster
#7104 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Why do I keep doing this to myself? I stopped playing the "Curious about Genetics Hood" (what I was privately calling my combining the Separated Ancestors of the Pleasants, Brokes and Summerdreams in and putting them in the empty Pleasantly Thriving) because it was giving me headaches trying to figure out when to move families in. I got tired of it and tried out the Pleasantview and Strangetown with a Twist, but didn't like the twists added. I played Sims 3 for a while but got bored. I just downloaded the Beginning of Desiderata but again will probably start to have headaches figuring out when to move families in.

Argh. Why can't I settle on one hood? I may be just bored.

=
I like playing populated hoods, but usually get bored with them. I've played both those "twist" hoods... some funny stuff. Also some stuff that just irritates, like the constant snow in Strangetown. I changed the hood weather, and lot weather, and even changed the weather machine (it's Loki's fault!) to fair weather. But when I enter his lot (& some other?) it's still snow everywhere. Wish I knew how they DID that! ALSO a glitch. I assumed since the creators are Masters, they would have made the ancestor zombies have the correct character data, but when I summoned, added them to a family, took away the zombie-ness and then KILLED THEM something is wrong. Their picture still shows on the lot picture, but when you enter they are not there. And when the real, live Sims moved out, the house was left with just the dead/undead showing on the house - but when you entered it's not playable because NO ONE is there! I could even move them out (in hood view), & put in another house; same result. Still, with the mod I have to allow more sims on a community lot, and most of the population being bad-tempered zombies, the moaning and fighting are epic!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7105 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That's up to Strangetomato and Tarlia. (I think it's Tarlia?) I think they plan on doing Veronaville, but don't currently have plans for the other neighborhoods. And the point of the "twist" is that the players don't know what it is when they load it, and have to find out by playing.

Though everyone on this thread is now spoiled on the fact that Strangetown's been set to winter and at least some of the sims in Olive's graveyard are now zombies, there's more twists to uncover, so shhhh.....

=======
Moar!? In that case, I will have at it! Am sorry if I am one who spoiled it
Besides, no one answered about the ever-lasting snow.

Mad Poster
#7106 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 7:24 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to go to the source about the snow and the zombie problem. It appears that no one here knows.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7107 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:04 AM
Sometimes Aaroneous's Memory Manipulator doesn't assign the right Sim when adding memories. It's easy enough to fix in SimPE but it does result in a few giggles.

Delivering her second twin in the kitchen, the pixel mommy got a thought balloon of a baby and THE STOVE. I clicked on it ..."hand baby to the stove". OMG she wants to kill the baby! But she handed it to her husband. Wish I had taken a picture. So a question: do Sims in labor loose what little mind they have, and try to hand a baby to WHATEVER is close?

This happened in Springwater

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#7108 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:32 AM
So, despite the numbers my neighbourhood is getting very related to each other...

Would it be weird to pair off two second-cousins if one of them is adopted? They get along well with each other...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7109 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:36 AM
It's not legally incest. If you're okay with it, nobody else has to be.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#7110 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
So, despite the numbers my neighbourhood is getting very related to each other...

Would it be weird to pair off two second-cousins if one of them is adopted? They get along well with each other...
I wouldn't, but it's your game.
Mad Poster
#7111 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 1:07 AM
For me, it would depend on how close they were as children. The Westermarck effect and all. I don't see any intrinsic problem with it though.

Top Secret Researcher
#7112 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:07 AM
=======
Moar!? In that case, I will have at it! Am sorry if I am one who spoiled it
Besides, no one answered about the ever-lasting snow.

@grammapat

Does not really fix the Cause of you having Snow when you set it to not happen, but it does get rid of the snow if you choose the no snow version. Less (Or No) Snow by HarrisonFordFanClub. Problem is that it is a Global Mod. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=527127

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Top Secret Researcher
#7113 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:12 AM

@Orphalesion

I don't know if I have paired off second cousins or third cousins, but I did pair off some cousins that the game did not have set as Family. So anyway my attitude is sure go ahead and have them pair off if that suits you, it is what I would do for sure. After all the Game does not have them set as Family.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Inventor
#7114 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:33 AM
As if my week couldn't have gotten worse my simblr got terminated . This stupid tumblr glitch that's been deleting other people's blogs by accident got to me unfortunately. I'll have to contact staff in the morning, I'm way too pissed off to do anything at the moment

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#7115 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:49 AM

If Queen Victoria and Charles Darwin married their first cousins, I am sure your Sims can be paired and/or married too.
Mad Poster
#7116 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:22 AM
It's been a while. I was just making my usual rotational backup, and noticed that the last backup was from August.

Theorist
#7117 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
For me, it would depend on how close they were as children. The Westermarck effect and all. I don't see any intrinsic problem with it though.

They didn't meet each other at all, until they were teenagers. Aside from being descended from a pair of sisters, the two families don't really share any other ties and even live in different suburbs and different social strata.

Mad Poster
#7118 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:30 PM
In that case:

Quote:
When proximity during this critical period does not occur–for example, where a brother and sister are brought up separately, never meeting one another–they may find one another highly sexually attractive when they meet as adults or adolescents, according to the hypothesis of genetic sexual attraction.

It's an interesting subject, if a bit above my level. (And honestly, Freudian psychology always struck me as a bit absurd.)

Mad Poster
#7119 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:43 PM
Freud was a pervert, don't you know. Speaking of which...all the talk about whither cousins should marry; is that because people want their Pixals to act like decent people? Guess I'm a pervert too! In some of my hoods men & women have babies (LOTS of babies! Sometimes with people they never meet, or aliens, or THEMSELVES! If I could make them have babies with a chair, I WOULD!

Theorist
#7120 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:12 PM
Nah it was just really mostly about how it won't make the family tree look very nice on Family Echo. It'd display a lot of duplicates if you let relatives marry.

Theorist
#7121 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 5:46 PM
Sitting here with a cup of tea "Black Friday" shopping (translation: downloading old meshes to refurbish) for my sims, instead of leaving the warm house on a cold day just to buy stuff I don't really need and stuff no one really wants as a gift either.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#7122 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:19 PM
"Incest" is a human problem, not a pixelated one.
There are no disadvantages to it in the game unless you keep naming people the same name and there's 10,000 Mortimer Goths.
Then it becomes a problem-mostly figuring out which Goth is what. It tends to make family trees very convoluted and confusing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7123 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:28 PM
I often have to add family tree info to the Sims..what's it called Info? Diary? So when a child is missing a parent I can write that the parent cloned themselves, or was abducted by a particular alien (who for some reason is not showing up), or that dad has a relationship that is too complicated.

Scholar
#7124 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 7:27 PM
I did not write this in the "Discovery" thread but there was a thing that couth my attention last saturday (at play). I was playing a dorm where one of my sims have lived. While he was living there I get him a girlfriend (a dormie) and they now live in a apartment in my downtown area. But when I did open up the dorm lot last weekend (to play an other, newer girl who lives there) the old girl was still there. As a grown up woman! In her new clothes! She did stay a few hours and did not talk to anybody before she dissapered but I thought it was very strange. Sure, I have sims getting stuck on the family picture (read: on the loading screen) every now and then if they have moved somewhere else by the "ask to move in" option. But they are never on their old home lot. I'm confused...
Instructor
#7125 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:15 PM
I have a new found love for fortunate sims. A few in my Beginning Pleasantview hood wants to buy everything, but a new kitchen sink. I love it because It helps fill up their homes with junk and prevents them from having too much in their savings accounts.

Honestly, there are some sims that will never have a true love. They will date, get married, have kids, etc..., but still up lonely.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Page 285 of 515