Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
In the Arena
retired moderator
#26 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:34 PM
Vanilla = plain ole EA items. Just the games on their own as is installed from DVD, no downloaded custom stuff, not even Riverview or other free/purchased Store items.

It's good that the crashing is now known to be caused by CC. So you can try to add a bunch at a time, sticking to format type.
Install just the framework and load the game to test.
Then if it loads OK, add only a few .package files first (buy mode or CAS stuff) and then test.
Install mods/hacks on its own, with no other .packages, and test that separately.
Once all that is OK, you can try with Sims3Pack CC and so on...forget about the Exchange stuff as that is the most problematic and difficult to troubleshoot for.

Ok, with a Quad Core CPU + 8GB RAM, it *should* run smooth.
But as mentioned by whiterider, the GPU is not that great and I cannot find references to it to do some research (Nvidia site doesn't list that model). So, I think this may be a rebranded older card and only offered by OEM's and not sold retail.

So monitoring temperature would be good while you play. And keep the graphical options to low or medium.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd May 2010 at 3:31 PM Last edited by Mantas : 23rd May 2010 at 1:11 PM.
Vanilla = plain ole EA items. Just the games on their own as is installed from DVD, no downloaded custom stuff, not even Riverview or other free/purchased Store items. There`s only extras that came with the EP`s, nothing extra installed, as suggested.

It's good that the crashing is now known to be caused by CC. So you can try to add a bunch at a time, sticking to format type.
Install just the framework and load the game to test. Ok, will do.

Then if it loads OK, add only a few .package files first (buy mode or CAS stuff) and then test.
Install mods/hacks on its own, with no other .packages, and test that separately.
Once all that is OK, you can try with Sims3Pack CC and so on...forget about the Exchange stuff as that is the most problematic and difficult to troubleshoot for.
Well, i imagine i have less trouble with the exchange stuff than the .packages as i know what clothes causes alien babies and that kinda things,
there`s also a site (Crinricht`s) letting people know about them. It`s all about taking backups and being careful i think, still there`s things to learn.

Ok, with a Quad Core CPU + 8GB RAM, it *should* run smooth.
But as mentioned by whiterider, the GPU is not that great and I cannot find references to it to do some research (Nvidia site doesn't list that model). So, I think this may be a rebranded older card and only offered by OEM's and not sold retail.
ok, i guess that`s confirmed then, lol.

So monitoring temperature would be good while you play. And keep the graphical options to low or medium.
75 c was the highest on graphic, is that bad? I still have the screenshots if i could make it work to attach sometime.
Also i meant to say earlier that i start the game by clicking a shortcut for hels on the desktop that opens the start program,
where i have to click play, login and those things. I always get a message that i can`t watch video through explorer8
without adoble flash player although it`s installed already. When i try through a different browser i don`t get that message
and can just watch..
------
There`s a bug with the game itself that the baby sitters doesen`t go upstairs to take care of toddlers.
---
I have a question please.. When i try cc packages, is it enough that they are in the package folder, or do i have to test each one in the game before i notice any crash?
I belive this may be a tough job, lol
---
ok, the saved game is soon 50 mb and there`s no sound in the
"electronica" music option, only all other cathegories, so i think
maybe i should start another new game and see if that gets any
better. I have a few default skin packages in the game only so far,
got so tired of the pudding faces.. lol
--
ok, started again a new neighbourhood, with a smaller filesize,
played again today and had to buy a new woofer goofer stereo
as the electronica option was still silent. Buying a new one fixed
that. Also i had a toddler falling asleep through his potty, that
looked strange. With the cc i have installed it haven`t crashed
or been unnormal yet, so i`m just gonna try adding cc as the
days goes by and see if i find the crashing problem. Thanks
for all the help on this. I`ll let you know if i find out what can
cause a crash if i figure it out, in case others have a similair
problem.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#28 Old 23rd May 2010 at 4:32 PM
Quote:
75 c was the highest on graphic, is that bad? I still have the screenshots if i could make it work to attach sometime.
I don't know what card to use as reference, that is the problem with no documentation(my research may be wrong, however).
Do I compare with 9300, 9500, 9800, or 220?
For some cards that temp is waay too hot, for some it is the norm temp at full load and for others may climb even higher. You see what I mean?

Quote:
Also i meant to say earlier that i start the game by clicking a shortcut for hels on the desktop that opens the start program, where i have to click play, login and those things.
With Launcher being problematic, it may be better to bypass it when starting the game. Game_Help:TS3_Bypassing_the_Launcherwiki

Quote:
I always get a message that i can`t watch video through explorer8 without adoble flash player although it`s installed already. When i try through a different browser i don`t get that message and can just watch..
Does IE8 recognize the flash player add-on as installed? Or maybe you need to update IE8?

Quote:
---
I have a question please.. When i try cc packages, is it enough that they are in the package folder, or do i have to test each one in the game before i notice any crash? I belive this may be a tough job, lol
No definitive answer here. Sometimes, even after placing the CC item on a lot, the glitch doesn't appear until a few reloads of the game (like the items causing blue lots). There may be different things that actually trigger a glitch for any given CC.

Quote:
------
There`s a bug with the game itself that the baby sitters doesen`t go upstairs to take care of toddlers.
---
ok, the saved game is soon 50 mb and there`s no sound in the "electronica" music option, only all other cathegories, so i think maybe i should start another new game and see if that gets any better. I have a few default skin packages in the game only so far, got so tired of the pudding faces.. lol
--
ok, started again a new neighbourhood, with a smaller filesize, played again today and had to buy a new woofer goofer stereo as the electronica option was still silent. Buying a new one fixed that. Also i had a toddler falling asleep through his potty, that looked strange. With the cc i have installed it haven`t crashed or been unnormal yet, so i`m just gonna try adding cc as the days goes by and see if i find the crashing problem. Thanks for all the help on this. I`ll let you know if i find out what can cause a crash if i figure it out, in case others have a similair problem.
I think the Sims still cannot do proper pathing, and beginning from a patch (can't remember which one), anything to do with pathing to a toddler/child needs the Sims to be on the same level/room and the sound glitches I think are still not fixed yet?

You're starting to get the CC-testing strategy down, yes?

ps: you can use the Quote button if you need to refer to a reply. Make it easier for me to read . But even without, it is fine (just take me longer ).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd May 2010 at 10:22 PM Last edited by Mantas : 24th May 2010 at 5:19 PM.
Nividia Geforce GT 230 is what i have. Yes, i understand it may vary, that`s why i ask, lol. I can upload/attach things in here,
but, i have no idea how to proceed from there to get back to my message as i see no option for it after attaching images.
The launcher works just fine after the latest patch, no problems there. I should think the windows updates will update IE8?
Not sure what it recognises, i have a 64 bits version and another and neither are set as defaults as i like the Acoo browser the
most, but, EA`s sims page always opens in IE anyway, not sure which version, they look the same to me those i have.
I haven`t seen any glitches this evening besides the sound getting slow again after playing for hours, so i restarted the
game and it got better, maybe it just needed a break, or it is a game glitch? I hope EA will fix it sometime. Thanks, ivè had
so much trouble with sims3 before, so i just have to find out what causes a crash, am testing out those cc .package files.
I want to test later the DCCache and that alone, no packages then and a back up of the new DCCache folder i have now,
to see if there`s anything that could cause a crash, but, i have doubts about that. Thanks for the tip about the quote button,
i`ll try to remember it.
-------
Played with more cc today and the game crashed to desktop and i saw windows media center doing automatic updates in the background,
so i don`t know if that could have caused the crash, i think ivè seen it before in the background too once when the game had crashed.
Ivè turned automatic updates off and will test the game again to see if it crashes again. Uggh, always something, lol.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th May 2010 at 10:14 PM
Another thing you may want to consider, removing your connection to the internet when you are going to play the game.
By doing this you will stop any program from auto updating, and could even shut down things like spyware and virus type
protection programs. When you're done playing, shut the computer down or reboot, or just start things back up before
you reconnect to the internet. Many people have claimed this helped them with game lag and such.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 26th May 2010 at 11:51 AM Last edited by Mantas : 26th May 2010 at 2:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
Another thing you may want to consider, removing your connection to the internet when you are going to play the game.
By doing this you will stop any program from auto updating, and could even shut down things like spyware and virus type
protection programs. When you're done playing, shut the computer down or reboot, or just start things back up before
you reconnect to the internet. Many people have claimed this helped them with game lag and such.

Thanks, i don`t think anything more is doing automatic updates and i haven`t had a crash since i turned off windows media centre so far.
So, i decided to just test with all .packages again to see if it crashes, if it does i can go back to test partly again, i have written
down what works so far. Played with all packages just fine yesterday, no problems, but, today it started to lag, a person couldn`t walk without
stopping for a sec and then walk again like that. Sims3 dashboard didn`t find anything, but, i just now realize the saved game file is 55,6 in size
so i`ll start a new neighbourhood and see if that helps.
----
Hah, it definately is an .package issue, it crashed to desktop again, so i`m gonna do more tests..
It`s probably hair that is crashing, ivè had that problem before, but, who knows..
Page 2 of 2