Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default New 1.6 update for TS3 Crashes game
My game has ran fine until I downloaded newest update. Game crashes right after intro movie everytime. Uninstalled and played without update just fine. Did update again and game started crashing. DO NOT DOWNLOAD 1.6 UPDATE!! IT WILL CRASH YOUR GAME!
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:11 AM
It will not crash your game. It might crash YOUR game, but it will not auto-crash everyones.

Did you have mods? Did you remove them?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:43 AM
Always remove all mods before starting a new patch, and then add them in one at a time to see which ones will work. Awesomemod will definately NOT work

Come have a look at my downloads HERE for Sims 4 downloads.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

(Or here for sims 2 or here for sims 3 downloads.)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:44 AM
this patch messed up my game too =( i keep trying to load one of my families and it doesn't load.
Banned
#5 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:43 AM
You need to remove any mods and try again. The mods are a lot different than The Sims 2(especially CORE mods, like AwesomeMod) and you definitely have to remove the whole folder and add them back one by one, testing each time.

Chances are AwesomeMod is not compatible.
Alchemist
#6 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:52 AM
It's simple: If you're patching/installing WA then you have to make the choice not to use mods until they are updated. If you can't live without them then skip the patch and the EP for now. You WILL have compatibility issues with Awesomemod and the new patch and playing with them combined can mean you're corrupting your saves beyond repair.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:55 AM
this patch messed up my game too =( i keep trying to load one of my families and it doesn't load.
Inventor
#8 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:56 AM
Got the game up and running, sadly, with no hacks.
Banned
#9 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:56 AM
Again, remove. Your. Mods.

If you keep trying to load a family and it isn't loading there's a very high chance you're going to corrupt them. From what I can tell the patch works fine for anyone who doesn't try to install it with mods.
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:12 PM
my game crushed when i clicked on Basement tool. I dont have any mods
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:27 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186

Please read that thread regarding patch issues. You do need to try it without mods and so forth - there are suggested fixes for issues in that thread. If you continue to have problems, please make your own individual new thread and let us know exactly what you did - not just "I did the FAQ and nothing worked!" but exactly the steps you took, in your own words - sometimes people misunderstand or do something wrong. We also need to know your System Specs.

Just because the game crashes for one person doesn't mean it will crash for everyone - mods, particular system, and other issues can all be part of it, and to be honest, posting "don't download, it'll crash your game!" is misleading and inflammatory.
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:28 PM
I know its off subject but i need to ask, has anyone had the game dump custom content on its own. I put in recent cc, when I returned to the game 90% of my in game cc was hidden. Only 50% of that was available to reinstall from the launcher. Most of the hidden files are monkeys. Is my game haunted or what?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:34 PM
rudai - Please post your own help thread - that is off-topic here.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:26 PM
Sorry Claeric but I had no mods and not even any extra downloads on the 2nd time around. I have a great computer without that vista crap and no incidents prior to then. It's not the mods it's the update. BTW, the game is running fine without the update.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:43 PM
I did the update aswell. Tried the whole troubleshooting thing hosted here and still not working. It stays on the loading screen for ever, it doesn't crash.
I had no problems running the game before. I use windows 7 btw. I have the cd version, not the downloaded one.
Anyone knows any solution to this, except trying to reinstal the whole game.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:50 PM Last edited by baileywll : 17th Nov 2009 at 2:57 PM. Reason: more info
Mine loaded fine, left all my CC in but took out all mods and hacks, deleted caches. Loading lots seems very slow but may be some of my cc. Have now tried non-mosaic, Delphy's breast slider and Johna's body sliders, they all work. Same sex pregnancy doesn't ( I knew it wouldn't as it's social interaction and they have changed bits of that). First symptom is you only get mean social interaction with anyone, didn't actually crash the game. Took it out, deleted caches and ok again.

Skittlestealer, how long did you wait for your family to load, my first go after installing the patch was to one of my families, a big one the Goths, 7 people and a huge house, took so long to load I thought it had hung up, my screen saver actually came up part way through, so 10 to 15 minutes. But it did load. Seems better now but still a lot slower than it was.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:24 PM
Found the problem. Nothing to do with mods. EA said that although my video card was capable of running the base game. That I would have to upgrade my vid card to Nividia GTX295 to run with newest update, despite the fact that my previous vid card met box listed requirements. Bunch of bull, but time to go shopping. Besides the "no loading time" Sims 3 is really beginning to feel like a waste of time.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:27 PM
Ironyemcee
What do they mean exactly. Do you need to get new drivers for your card or a totaly new one?
Got to check first then what card i'm using, although my game doesn't crash but just wont load.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:38 PM
They said I need a totally new one. I had newest updates. Running Windows XP with 2gig Ram. Had GeForce GT130. Ea suggested one of the $300-$500 dollar versions of the GeForce like GTX280-GTX295.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:13 PM
Lies & Propaganda! EA must get kick backs on sales of that particular card. I don't know that for sure, don't have proof, but have a tin-foil hat on.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ironyemcee
They said I need a totally new one. I had newest updates. Running Windows XP with 2gig Ram. Had GeForce GT130. Ea suggested one of the $300-$500 dollar versions of the GeForce like GTX280-GTX295.

No, no, I'm running TS3 with the new patch beautifully (on Windows 7, as well) with a cheapo bog-standard NVidia GeForce 8500GT which cost me all of about $60 new (£35 here in the UK) a year or so ago. You definitely don't have to shell out that kind of money.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#22 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:01 PM
I'm pretty sure the GT130 is newer than my mobility radeon x600. I've just patched and didn't have a crash.

Didn't you guys notice that it is never the game engine's fault? They have a standard answer to all problems: GPU or its drivers, OS and its pack versions, unsupported OS, CC and hacks, the position of the moon during high tide , how many stars are out tonight ...etc etc...And never a bug but a "feature", and the patches will have "feature enhancements" not bug fixes...and so on and so forth.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:07 PM
I can't confirm anything about the patch cause the page is not showing it in the official forums, but I think something stinks when EA suggest someone buy an expensive video card to get the game running. You are right Ellacharm, they never admit that the programming or anything they have a connection to can be a problem, they just remove it from the public til they fix it.

Still have my tin-foil hat on. I feel L&P tazers coming.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:19 PM
Okay, my game just continually loads. Going to remove awesome mod and see if I can get it to come up... I am a dummy at this stuff so I hope I can get my game running. I took it OFF automatically install updates!
by-the-way "marbles ate my llama!"
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#25 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186

Please read that thread regarding patch issues. You do need to try it without mods and so forth - there are suggested fixes for issues in that thread. If you continue to have problems, please make your own individual new thread and let us know exactly what you did - not just "I did the FAQ and nothing worked!" but exactly the steps you took, in your own words - sometimes people misunderstand or do something wrong. We also need to know your System Specs.

Just because the game crashes for one person doesn't mean it will crash for everyone - mods, particular system, and other issues can all be part of it, and to be honest, posting "don't download, it'll crash your game!" is misleading and inflammatory.

Anyone failing to do exactly as HP said, but still posting on this thread with a question or an issue, will be stripped naked at midnight and fed to piranhas. You have no idea how serious I am.

ironyemcee, your graphics card is perfectly capable of running the game. If you want to solve your problem, go through the instructions HP linked to, and if that fails then post your system specs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 1 of 2