Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2010 at 10:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Quick Tutorial - making a 'cache killer' app to delete your Sims3 Caches
If you haven't noticed already, I'm an Automator junkie. I absolutely LOVE Apple's Automator. I even uploaded my 'renaming' apps for people who don't get this awesome program.

If there is something you are doing over and over and over again, and it gets a bit tedious, make an automator app, so you can do the whole thing with one click!!!

One annoying job for me, is clearing my caches from my documents folder every time I load new CC. So I made a one-click Automator app for my desktop

It's really easy to do, but you have to make your own (because of paths etc etc.) Here's a walk through.

1. Open Automator (from your Applications)
2. When it asks you what you want to make, click 'Application'
3. In the 'library' pane, click 'Files and Folders'.
4. In the pane next door, find where it says 'Get specified Finder items'. Drag that over into the work area.
5. Use the 'add' button to add the cache files from your Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 folder (CASpartcache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package)
6. Go back to the same pane from step 4, and find where it says 'move Finder items to trash'. Drag that into the work area under the previous action.
7. Save the app to your desktop (I saved mine as 'cache killer') and VOILA!!! A one-click cache destroyer

(if people like this and want to learn more, I can show you how to make a one click opening device for your mono run Sims 3 tools - just ask!!)