Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Issues with Ambitions
So, I bought my copy of Ambitions today. Two problems right off the bat, one) I didn't get my sim points when I entered the code online. Two) The new traits didn't install, therefore, I cannot generate some lifetime wishes. What should I do? Reinstall the EP?

"It's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se..."
I'm so starstruck, Baby could you blow my heart up?
Mamma Mia! Here we go again! My my, how can I resist you?

Avatard, Monster, Zutarian, Twihard, and PROUD of it!
Call me Jacky, I take requests, even though I don't have anything uploaded yet. :P
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:38 PM Last edited by D420_360 : 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:03 AM.
I've two issues myself, I seem to be unable to click on Sims and bring up a menu.. or upon my own Sim to change between outfits, making the game totally unplayable. Removing all mods to see if that changes anything.

edit: Removed all mods and it runs like a dream.
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:44 PM
:O :O :O D420 I have that exact same issue except I don't have Ambitions and I have not patched yet, it might be an issue stemming from removing Awesome mod which I did a few days ago which is when I noticed it

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:45 PM
Everyone is experiencing issues. I removed all my mods and hacks, apparently the game is STILL unplayable. So now I gotta occupy myself with a different game not owned by EA until EA releases a patch.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:53 PM
What exactly is your problem, ChildeofMalkav?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:03 PM Last edited by iheartcowcapoos : 1st Jun 2010 at 11:17 PM.
i also don't have the new traits or lifetime rewards. i don't have the new laundromat either. i thought maybe it was because i didnt patch my base game up but when i go to launcher it says i'm updated even though i didnt update. i really have no idea. it's sad though..i wanted to try new robot.. and i don't have awesomemod and i tried without CC and still same problems

oh yeah and also i can't do tattoos. as soon as i tell my sim to get one the action box disappears no matter how many times i click it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:07 PM
I've not had any issues at all. Patched perfectly fine, plays fine (other then really long load times), and I love twinbrook's setup. I'm using a lot of the slider mods as well, so who knows. The only thing I did not re-add to my mods folder was awesomemod since they mentioned to give them some time to make sure it will work well.

- D.a.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:15 PM
No free sim points with Ambitions, but there will be an "Ultimate Career Bundle" available for download at the sims store.

Make sure you install the Ambitions framework correctly. Absolutely positively take out any mods, even if you think they won't mess with anything. Ambitions changed stuff around, and quite a few will need to be updated.

I've had two glitches so far. Clicking the motorcycle and clicking "go shopping" resulting in my sim standing up and floating next to the motorcycle the whole ride, then when she arrived at the grocery store, she disappeared, stood there and wouldn't do anything. I could still see her plumb bob though.

Later after I quit and reloaded, at another sim's house after she finished designing a new room, I had her take a picture of it with her cellphone and after she took it she just stood there and couldn't do anything. She couldn't even do that faint thing dramatic sims do.

Running no CC. Possibly the first one had to do with me running the game with settings on low at the time.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:16 PM
I'm re-organizing my mods folder to where the new patch allows to see if that helps. Has anything like this ever happened before?

Call me Jacky, I take requests, even though I don't have anything uploaded yet. :P
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackyFletcher1804
So, I bought my copy of Ambitions today. Two problems right off the bat, one) I didn't get my sim points when I entered the code online. Two) The new traits didn't install, therefore, I cannot generate some lifetime wishes. What should I do? Reinstall the EP?

Were we supposed to get Sim points for registering the game? I thought it was only the free extra downloads.

Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
i also don't have the new traits or lifetime rewards. i don't have the new laundromat either. i thought maybe it was because i didnt patch my base game up but when i go to launcher it says i'm updated even though i didnt update. i really have no idea. it's sad though..i wanted to try new robot.. and i don't have awesomemod and i tried without CC and still same problems

The game should have patched at the start of the install of the EP--at least it did with mine. That's probably why you are seeing that you are all updated.

Were you playing in the new town or one of the pre-existing ones? If you're playing in a pre-existing town, did you place the landromat in the town or try to?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enchantress101
Were we supposed to get Sim points for registering the game? I thought it was only the free extra downloads.

The game should have patched at the start of the install of the EP--at least it did with mine. That's probably why you are seeing that you are all updated.

Were you playing in the new town or one of the pre-existing ones? If you're playing in a pre-existing town, did you place the landromat in the town or try to?

i was playing in a pre-existing town. i went through and placed all of the new lots, but the laundromat didnt exist. it let me change the lot type to community/laundromat but the laundromat lot wasnt in my community lot bin. just the junkyard, salon, consig store, and firestation
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:24 PM
Whenever I go to play my sim, the game crashes I've tried uninstalling it, updating my graphics driver, deleting caches, deleting custom content, and uninstalling other programs on my computer and it still crashes, so I have no idea what's wrong and I've been trying to figure it out since like noon I think, and it's so frustrating, does anyone know what to do?
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:28 PM
Canterburylove09- make sure your computer has enough RAM (Memory) in order to be able to run the new expansion pack + the base game. If the game runs out of memory, it WILL crash, regardless of what graphics card you have or any files you may have deleted.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by masterforger
What exactly is your problem, ChildeofMalkav?

The same as most people, menus don't pop up when I try to click for an interaction, the sim live mode hud doesn't appear, just a complete disaster.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:01 AM
yeah i just realized that i can't interact with other sims. i'll click them a billion times and no menu pops up. stupid EA why don't you make your games work before you give them to us?
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
yeah i just realized that i can't interact with other sims. i'll click them a billion times and no menu pops up. stupid EA why don't you make your games work before you give them to us?

It's funny how the gmae works for the company but not to everyone else.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:14 AM
As soon as I would try to go to live mode it would crash , I removed the CC , it still crashed..

I'm going hardcore and resinstalling the whole thing..

if it doesn't work THIs time I'm giving up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:21 AM
Would clothes effect Ambitions or would mods be the only thing?

Forum Resident
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:22 AM
I reinstalled and left out the hacks. It still crashes when try too play a family in twinbrook and in old saves some of them no thumbnails show up. In sunset valley it lets me place the new lots but still crashes after all mods and any custom content gone from i prolly just uninstall ambitions and play without it till it is fixed.
Instructor
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:25 AM
Try a new neighborhood? Sure you removed all the CC?
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:26 AM
I'm currently reinstalling the sims and its expansions..

lets see if anything work then...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackyFletcher1804
Would clothes effect Ambitions or would mods be the only thing?

From a tech point of view, I thing only something altering the game boundaries or behaviors would cause issues. For safety's sake, back everything up, remove everything from the mods folder, install, reinstall 1 - all at a time depending on how careful you would like to be... but I am sure that most people know this.

For the record, I have quite a bit of clothes/accessories from here and other places as well as vehicles and other objects. Default skintone replacements, and a few mods I'll list below all totaling over 200 objects. None of which have presented any problems with gameplay. Included in this new game are homes that I've d/l'd from here as well as 2 sims.

Mods: CyberopscomputermodV2, maxnewspapermod,cyberopsrealitywritingmodV2,Glasses sliders, Jonha Sliders,Tinkershacktimealaways,UI CASBasics Mod 5x10Right Adjust.

So far, no problems ^.^

- D.a.
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:31 AM
For some reason my sims aren't aging anymore. I tried taking out all of my cc but they still aren't aging. I already checked to see if aging is on in the options menu and it's on.

Is anyone else having this problem
Forum Resident
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:37 AM
Yes i removed all cc when i reinstalled is on the desktop the hacks misc and skin folders and patterns so not sure why it is still crashing
Field Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:47 AM
has anyone else figured out the thing with with missing traits and life time rewards? what about not being able to interact with other sims =( my sims can't talk to each other! my sim just had a baby and it can't even interact with it! child abuse
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Please create your own thread if you have an issue.
Page 1 of 2