Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 12:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Black(ish) Screen but Sound and Launcher works just fine...Have not found this exact problem anywhere..
Black(ish) Screen but Sound and Launcher works just fine...Have not found this exact problem anywhere..Others describes black screen and crash/freeze...

Untill for about a week ago everything was working just fine.I`ve had The Sims 3 and The Sims 2 on my PC for years without any issues really.
It all started with The Sims3 Launcher going on strike. The message was simply "The Sims3 Launcher has encountered a problem and must close the application"
Then I thought I'd start the new year with a fresh game so I uninstalled the game and the misery was a fact....
After installing them again (yes, all of them...), I hit play and the Launcher appeared new and updated, oh joy...but no, I pressed play and the screen went black.
The music and sound was still very much workin though....
I then:
- Uninstalled the game completely
- Performed a system check followed by a thorough CCleaner session
- Updated my PC (each component individually and an overall Acer Aspire 7745G update, including programs such as Norton, Origin, Realtek, Firefox, Google etc etc)
- One mill restarts
- Per now, only the BaseGame installed (all the others install without problem but with the same outcome, just thought it would save time if some magician needed me to start over )
- About a week spent googling and reading in English(and Data) without getting any wiser or closer to a solution
- I have read and followed Game Help:Before Posting a Help Question TS3

I have attached a DxDiag.txt where "error" is mentioned several times but.....it is far beyond my ability....

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/09...y/-_Problemer_-
Really hope someone has the time to help, No Simming is No Living
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mapat
Black(ish) Screen but Sound and Launcher works just fine...Have not found this exact problem anywhere..Others describes black screen and crash/freeze...

Untill for about a week ago everything was working just fine.I`ve had The Sims 3 and The Sims 2 on my PC for years without any issues really.
It all started with The Sims3 Launcher going on strike. The message was simply "The Sims3 Launcher has encountered a problem and must close the application"
Then I thought I'd start the new year with a fresh game so I uninstalled the game and the misery was a fact....
After installing them again (yes, all of them...), I hit play and the Launcher appeared new and updated, oh joy...but no, I pressed play and the screen went black.
The music and sound was still very much workin though....
I then:
- Uninstalled the game completely
- Performed a system check followed by a thorough CCleaner session
- Updated my PC (each component individually and an overall Acer Aspire 7745G update, including programs such as Norton, Origin, Realtek, Firefox, Google etc etc)
- One mill restarts
- Per now, only the BaseGame installed (all the others install without problem but with the same outcome, just thought it would save time if some magician needed me to start over )
- About a week spent googling and reading in English(and Data) without getting any wiser or closer to a solution
- I have read and followed Game Help:Before Posting a Help Question TS3

I have attached a DxDiag.txt where "error" is mentioned several times but.....it is far beyond my ability....

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/09...y/-_Problemer_-
Really hope someone has the time to help, No Simming is No Living

You're running windows 10 without the proper drivers for your Intel HD Graphic and your Radeon HD 5800, that's why you got blank/black screen when running your game, you need to download and install all windows 10 drivers compatible for your laptop, I suggest you upgrade your windows 10 to build 10586 first (the latest windows 10 version) then install all proper drivers for your laptop, because your Windows 10 is build 10240, better to download the 10586 manually as stand alone for another PC otherwise it will upgrade your current windows 10 in the background without you knowing.

Go here to find all windows 10 compatible drivers for your laptop: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 1:42 AM
Thank you so much for your answer :lovestruc . I am just happy there seems to be a solution (other than buying a new computer ) I think I`ve managed to upgrade Window, it now says Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308)
Before I start messing anything up should I delete the folder called Windows.old ?
Am I ready to update my drivers ?
I really feel like a but hey, I speak 3-4 foreign languages, I can bake, love driving and have a master degree (not) in holding strong opinions We can`t be good at everything right?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/4gi6z...iag_Mapat_2.txt
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 6:43 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 10th Jan 2016 at 7:05 AM.
it now says Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308)
Before I start messing anything up should I delete the folder called Windows.old ?
Am I ready to update my drivers ?

Good for you you got the 10586 already, yes you're good to go to update your driver. If you think you're good with windows 10 and don't want to roll back to your previous windows then it's ok to delete the Windows.old, it'll give you more space in your hard drive, when deleting Windows.old, first.. delete it from Disk CleanUp menu, restart your laptop, then go check your C:\ drive, if you still find the Windows.old folder in your C:\ drive after using Disk CleanUp and restarting your laptop, then go ahead you can delete the Windows.old manually.

As long as you have activated your windows 10 regardless what version it was, you can always re-install windows 10 anytime without upgrading from windows 7 or 8 or 8.1, it'll activate automatically as soon as you're connected to the internet, and you don't need win 10 key for new installation or re-installation as long as you install it in the same computer, but don't forget if you do a fresh and clean installation, you need to install Net 3.5 manually, click here for how to do it http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...639#post4913639

And now for your windows 10 compatible drivers, if by any chance you can't find it from Acer in their website, go to intel.com for your Intel HD Graphic, and go to ATi/AMD for your Radeon HD 5800 Series, they have windows 10 compatible drivers ready, you don't necessarily have to go to your laptop manufacturer website for compatible drivers, but you can always find them from your hardware manufacturer (in your case it's Intel and Radeon HD), as for the rest.. you can use your old windows 7 drivers for windows 10 with compatibility mode adjusted to windows 7 prior to installing, but to enabled this to work properly in windows 10, you'll need Net 3.5 installed first
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 6:05 AM
Now I am just sooo sad...and at my wits end....I watch movies in HD, edit images and make film clips and photo gifts (calendars etc) but my beloved game...no..just black...What on earth should I do now...?
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 12:35 PM
Now I am just sooo sad...and at my wits end....I watch movies in HD, edit images and make film clips and photo gifts (calendars etc) but my beloved game...no..just black...What on earth should I do now...?

1. Stop crying, it won't solved your issues

2. Go here for your Intel HD Windows 10 Driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-15-40-4th-Gen-

3. Go here for Radeon HD 5800 Windows 10 Driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

4. Install Intel HD driver first, restart your laptop, and then install Radeon HD driver and restart your laptop one more time.

5. Install your TS3 with all its EPs+SPs, CCs, Mods, FPS Limiter, and start your game..

6. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 10:20 PM
No tears but still not working....

This was during the installation of the Intel HD Windows 10 Driver

"This system does not meet the minimum requirements to install the software"

I feel them comming back...
Instructor
#9 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 6:39 AM
No tears but still not working....

This was during the installation of the Intel HD Windows 10 Driver

"This system does not meet the minimum requirements to install the software"

I feel them comming back...

That means you downloaded the wrong driver for your Intel HD, you should determine what kind of Intel HD graphic you have, it could be HD 3000, 4000, 4200, 4400, 4600 and so on, please do what Nitromon's suggested above, post your DeviceConfig here, go to your TS3 folder in Documents folder, look for file named DeviceConfig, double click to open it with notepad, copy and paste the result to here so we can help you determine your Intel HD type.

Try it here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ look for x64 for your system
Alchemist
#10 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:06 PM
Um, have you tried running TS3 directly from TS3W.exe, and bypassing the Launcher?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 4:37 PM
Here you go....

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2527 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2970 RAM: 3764 Adjusted RAM: 3252 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz
Family: 6
Model: 5
Cores: 2
HT: 1
x64: 0
Memory: 3764MB
Free memory: 1514MB
User: Aaberg
Computer: LINDAAAG
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics
Name (database): Havendale [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0046, Board: 03671025, Chipset: 0018
Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1404, GUID: D7B78E66-4306-11CF-E976-6D23A6C2C535
Driver version: 1404
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 3024MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
=== Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 1
LightingQuality 2
GeneralReflections 1
TextureQuality 2
VisualEffects 2
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 1
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 2
TreeQuality 2
DrawDistance 2
MaxActiveLots 2
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 1
AudioQuality 3
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 0
EdgeScrollingWarning 1
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0
SuppressOpportunityDialogsWarningProducts 0
SimWhileMinimized 0
TwelveHourClock 0
ShowPlacementGrid 0
AutonomyLevel 2
DisableAutonomyForSelectedSim 0
PetAutonomyLevel 2
AgingInterval 2
EnableAging 1
EnableTutorial 1
EnableIntroTutorial 1
EnableTombResets 1
EnableInGameStore 1
EnableTelemetry 1
EnableMemories 1
AgingStageLengthBaby 3
AgingStageLengthToddler 7
AgingStageLengthChild 7
AgingStageLengthTeen 14
AgingStageLengthYoungAdult 21
AgingStageLengthAdult 21
AgingStageLengthElder 17
EnableInteractiveLoading 1
AgingStageLengthPuppy 0
AgingStageLengthDogAdult 0
AgingStageLengthDogElder 0
AgingStageLengthKitten 0
AgingStageLengthCatAdult 0
AgingStageLengthCatElder 0
AgingStageLengthFoal 0
AgingStageLengthHorseAdult 0
AgingStageLengthHorseElder 0
LunarCycleLength 3
LunarPhaseLength 0
EnableLunarCycle 1
EnableLunarPhase 0
EnableStoryProgression 1
EnableVampires 1
EnableWerewolves 1
EnablePets 1
EnableCelebrities 1
EnableFairies 1
EnableWitches 1
EnableHorses 1
EnableOptOutCeleb 0
ReceiveConnectTNS 1
ReceivedDevGift 0
PostFilterFlags 0
RequireLoginBeforeLoad 0
SummerLength 7
FallLength 7
WinterLength 7
SpringLength 7
SummerEnabled 1
FallEnabled 1
WinterEnabled 1
SpringEnabled 1
IsCelcius 1
FogEnabled 1
RainEnabled 1
SnowEnabled 1
HailEnabled 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 0
VideoCaptureTime 60
VideoCaptureHideUI 1
=== Default Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 1
LightingQuality 2
GeneralReflections 1
TextureQuality 2
VisualEffects 2
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 1
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 2
TreeQuality 2
DrawDistance 2
MaxActiveLots 2
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 1
AudioQuality 3
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 0
EdgeScrollingWarning 1
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0
SuppressOpportunityDialogsWarningProducts 0
SimWhileMinimized 0
TwelveHourClock 0
ShowPlacementGrid 0
AutonomyLevel 2
DisableAutonomyForSelectedSim 0
PetAutonomyLevel 2
AgingInterval 2
EnableAging 1
EnableTutorial 1
EnableIntroTutorial 1
EnableTombResets 1
EnableInGameStore 1
EnableTelemetry 1
EnableMemories 1
AgingStageLengthBaby 3
AgingStageLengthToddler 7
AgingStageLengthChild 7
AgingStageLengthTeen 14
AgingStageLengthYoungAdult 21
AgingStageLengthAdult 21
AgingStageLengthElder 17
EnableInteractiveLoading 1
AgingStageLengthPuppy 0
AgingStageLengthDogAdult 0
AgingStageLengthDogElder 0
AgingStageLengthKitten 0
AgingStageLengthCatAdult 0
AgingStageLengthCatElder 0
AgingStageLengthFoal 0
AgingStageLengthHorseAdult 0
AgingStageLengthHorseElder 0
LunarCycleLength 3
LunarPhaseLength 0
EnableLunarCycle 1
EnableLunarPhase 0
EnableStoryProgression 1
EnableVampires 1
EnableWerewolves 1
EnablePets 1
EnableCelebrities 1
EnableFairies 1
EnableWitches 1
EnableHorses 1
EnableOptOutCeleb 0
ReceiveConnectTNS 1
ReceivedDevGift 0
PostFilterFlags 0
RequireLoginBeforeLoad 0
SummerLength 7
FallLength 7
WinterLength 7
SpringLength 7
SummerEnabled 1
FallEnabled 1
WinterEnabled 1
SpringEnabled 1
IsCelcius 1
FogEnabled 1
RainEnabled 1
SnowEnabled 1
HailEnabled 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 0
VideoCaptureTime 60
VideoCaptureHideUI 1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Um, have you tried running TS3 directly from TS3W.exe, and bypassing the Launcher?

Hi there sweetdevil, yes thats tried many moons ago I`m afraid....
Instructor
#13 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:54 PM
This http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-A...ks.41233.0.html is your laptop right?

Ok according to the review, its main graphic adapter is Radeon HD 5850, it didn't mentioned any dual/switchable GPUs between Intel HD and Radeon HD like most dual/switchable Intel-Nvidia laptops, according to your windows Device manager it has dual GPUs, and according to your TS3 DeviceConfig your main GPU is Intel HD. So obviously you have dual/switchable GPUs in your system.

Usually Core i5 has Intel HD 4600, but to make sure, you need to download GPUz, click here to download https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/, install and run it. In GPUz main menu, you'll find what kind of Intel HD you have, if it shows you your Radeon HD 5850 as your primary GPU, click the box on the bottom left to change it to your Intel HD, the main menu will show your Intel HD detail specification, you need to download that specific Intel HD driver for your windows 10 x64, after that just go back to intel website above and look for that specific Intel HD windows 10 x64 compatible driver.

Note:
1. You have to install Intel HD driver first before you can install your Radeon HD 5850 to make sure its dual/switchable function works properly.
2. FPS Limiter crashed in Intel Nvidia dual/switchable GPUs laptop therefore it needs Nvidia Inspector to limit the FPS, but I don't know how the outcome would be for Intel-Radeon dual/switchable GPUs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
This http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-A...ks.41233.0.html is your laptop right?

I really do think so....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 9:23 PM
Soooo confused...

How on earth did all this happen? I have played for years, on this laptop....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 10:54 PM
Found this, sounds a bit familiar (except for the crashing bit)......
Still think its strange that it has worked with W10 for months.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...rading_windows/
---------
Quote:
Many users like myself are still using First Generation Core processors with First Generation Intel HD Graphics on Windows 7. Performance of the CPU is still sufficient enough these days not to warrant an upgrade to a current processor but for many who have laptop systems without discrete graphics and are using the Intel HD Graphics, consider this a warning. The drivers included with Windows 10 - 8.15.10.2900 11/26/2012 are not fully compatible.

I've tried multiple different versions of the driver by setting Windows 10 in test mode and adjusted the .inf to support installing different versions of the driver but .2900 is the 'best' version. Drivers older than .2900 have even more issues including rendering artifacts.

The driver has severe performance issues, crash upon returning from standby or the monitor powering down. Video playback is pixelated and drops frames regardless of the playback software. There is also video tearing when using Chrome, Firefox or Spartan. The tray effects also lag.

With just over a month to go till Windows 10's release, a lot of people are going to be getting their upgrade notifications and reserving their upgrades but will be very disappointed when they have to revert back to Windows 7 because of the state of the graphics drivers.

The drivers are not going to be upgraded according to Intel as they are considered 'Legacy'.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/45864

http://www.intel.com/support/graphi...wapkw=cs-034343

Edit July 29th, 2015 - With Windows 10 now out, I can confirm that the Intel drivers still do not work properly. Returning from standby or monitor power down will result in the driver crashing. Video playback rendering lag and tearing is still present despite low cpu usage.

Performance can be significantly improved by turning off transparency effects: Settings -> Personalization -> Colors -> Turn off "Make Start, taskbar, and action center transparent"

Edit August 25th, 2015 - Intel has removed the 1st Generation Core processors from the table completely.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm

Edit August 30th, 2015 - As noted by sgeto, Installing "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081438)" fixes the issue with the driver crashing coming out of standby. Video tearing and performance issues still unresolved.

-------------
In case "this is me" what would your advise be? I have very limited finances and the price of a suitable gaming pc here is incredibly high so a new one would be...oh..dont even want to think about it.....
Instructor
#19 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 9:58 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 13th Jan 2016 at 10:53 AM.
Ok so your Intel HD is the 1st gen, this is going to be a little bit tricky, we can try to make it work under Windows 10, just like my SATA AHCI Controller in my old motherboard LGA 775, but still.. there's no guarantee, let's hope it also works for your laptop.

First.. you need to have Windows 10 (10586) installer, it can be in ISO format or DVD or put it in USB Flash Drive, I don't know if your Windows 10 were direct online upgrade when you're offered to migrate to Windows 10, or did you downloaded Windows 10 via MediaCreatorTool as an ISO or in a USB drive so you have a copy of Windows 10 installer. If you don't have one, you can re-download it again but this time make it for another PC and navigate it to your USB flash drive (to enabled this feature when re-downloading using its latest MediaCrationTool you need to unchecked the recommendation for this PC setup) , or if you have a friend that have one you can try to borrow it and have a copy for yourself. Note: actually you don't need the whole win 10 installer, you just need to copy the files located in Sources\Sxs folder from your win 10 installer, these are the files you need to install Net 3.5 for windows 10, but I don't know if there's a way to download them separately.

When you have it ready in your USB drive, right click on win 10 start button, select Command Prompt (Admin), type (or copy and paste) this in the command prompt box: "Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess" without the quotes. When done, restart your laptop. Note: change "E" to your flash disk drive accordingly, mine was "E". This will install or re-install Net 3.5 for win 10 in your system. This will enable windows 10 to run your windows 7 drivers in your Windows 10.

Now go back here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers, navigate to Notebook\Aspire\7745G and download your Intel HD windows 7 x64 compatible driver. Before you install your Intel HD win 7 drivers in windows 10, right click on every .exe files, click compatibility tab, checked the box next to "Run this program in compatibility for", and navigate the following box below it to "Windows 7", click "Apply" then click "OK". After it's done, just install it as usual, and restart your laptop after it's done installing.

I hope this will work for you, I don't know how to help you anymore if this also isn't working unless you managed to find the proper driver to make it work for windows 10, I'd be surprised if this is not working because your windows 10 will just be like windows 7 when executing these drivers files, rolling back to Windows 7 is the last option in my opinion.

Edit: Additional Notes:

If after you changed all the .exe files to Windows 7 compatibility mode and Windows 10 says this can not be run under Windows 10, here is the last step to try it to make it run under windows 10:

1. Change all the .exe files to win 7 compatibility mode.
2. Make a copy of setup.exe file in the same folder (it will be like setup.exe(2) in your driver files folder)
3. Rename the setup.exe(2) file to setupInstall.exe (actually you can rename it to any name you want)
4. Right click on setupInstall.exe and change its compatibility mode to windows 7 also.
5. Run the setup for your driver installation from setupInstall.exe file just like when you install it from the original one, make sure both are changed to windows 7 compatibility mode before running, good luck
Instructor
#20 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Your game is actually running the ATI driver, not the intel.

That is actually the case Nitromon, just like optimus in Intel Nvidia, but the vtec.. um I mean.. Radeon (lol) won't kicked in if the proper Intel HD driver is not installed, that's why in the DeviceConfig it says it's running an Intel HD as its main GPU not the Radeon HD 5850
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 12:37 AM Last edited by Mapat : 19th Jan 2016 at 3:40 AM.
So sorry I havent given you any kind of feedback but I've been away for a few days.
Now I'm back and ready to tackle this...this....
Right away I have many many many questions...
Is there a way (some test) to control if I've got this right (before installing TS3)?
I now have the iso file on my desktop.
If i unwrap it an go to sources\sxs there is a .rar inside.
At Acer, do i download all the intel drivers?
A message says there are newer drivers on my system, do i ignore that?
Do i change all .exe ?
In what order should I install them?
Do i downgrade the Radeon HD 5850 driver as well, and do i change the .exe`s ?
Remember that you are dealing with an absolute Hang on, actually that's a insult to sheep....a very then

Instructor
#22 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 9:22 AM
I now have the iso file on my desktop.
If i unwrap it an go to sources\sxs there is a .rar inside.

You don't need to unwrap them, if you do you'll end up with one by one manual installation. All you need to do is to put that "Sources\Sxs" folder somewhere and then navigate the command above to where you put "Sources\Sxs" folder. If you put them in usb flash drive like I did and your usb drive is also "E" like mine, then the command you need to put or type in command prompt will be like this:

"Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess" (without the quotes)

Then hit enter, wait until it finished installing and restart your laptop.

At Acer, do i download all the intel drivers?
A message says there are newer drivers on my system, do i ignore that?
Do i change all .exe ?
In what order should I install them?

Yes basically since there's no available win10 compatible drivers for your laptop then you will need all win7 compatible drivers to run them in win10.
Newer drivers means it's provided by windows 10, it's windows 10 default drivers that could run in your laptop but not necessarily the proper one for win10.

Yes change all .exe files compatibility to win7 compatibility. (If this still won't work to install them in win 10, copy the setup.exe and rename the copy like I mentioned above).

Though there's no official order in what specific order to install them, in my personal experiences ideally the order would be, LAN, Sound, Chipset, SATA AHCI, Intel graphics, and then ATi graphics so you'll know each hardware run properly. The rest like touch pad, keyboard, bluetooth etc doesn't really matters in what order they should be. But in your case you I suggest you install your Intel graphic driver first to make sure it runs properly, because the Intel driver will be the trigger for when your Radeon HD should run when it needed.

Do i downgrade the Radeon HD 5850 driver as well, and do i change the .exe`s ?

After you know that your Intel graphic win7 driver runs properly in win10, you have 2 options: you can use Radeon HD 5850 drivers for win7 the same way you install them like the Intel one, or you can run the newer one compatible for win 10, if AMD have the newer one for win10, then go ahead install the newer one compatible for win10. This also applies to the other hardware you have in your laptop, only install win7 drivers if there's no other choice left. Note make sure it's x64 or x86 accordingly to your windows system.

Good luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 12:33 AM
If only I could give you a huge hug....:)
I am building houses !! and its all thanks to you :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
I really feel words fails to suffice. If only I could give you an enormous hug......
Thank you Thank you Thank you

I have one last question though, is there anything I should be awar of? Updates I must decline or......??

Again, Thank you Thank you Thank you, You are
Instructor
#24 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 5:39 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 24th Jan 2016 at 5:57 PM.
Glad to hear that it's all working now..

I have one last question though, is there anything I should be awar of? Updates I must decline or......??

In win 10 you can't decline updates without 3rd party software or do some modifying in win registry, if your win10 is win10 pro you can defer the updates but not for win10 home.

You might want to stop MSFT tracking you down tho, here's how:

1. press win key + R
2. type services.msc, and hit enter
3. look for "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry", right click on it, choose Properties and then do these steps: a. stop, b. disable and click apply, c. exit and restart your laptop.

Other things you might want to do is to disable apps running in the background, you can disabled them by going to Setting, Privacy and Background apps, then just turn them off from here.

And it's strongly recommended to have FPS limiter now as your TS3 is good and running now, FPS limiter helps protecting your GPUs and also helps reducing freeze/lags, but as I mentioned above, FPS limiter crashed in Intel - Nvidia dual/switchable GPUs laptops but it can be done with Nvidia Inspector, I don't know the outcome for Intel - Radeon dual/switchable GPUs laptops, you might want to try running MSI afterburner as replacement if FPS limiter crashed in your system like Intel-Nvidia dual/switchable laptops. NOTE: remember this dual/switchable GPUs feature are not the same like SLI or Crossfire, they only works one at a time and the trigger switch when one should kicked in is located in Intel Graphic drivers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 10:27 PM
Oh noooo....I did like you said,
1. press win key + R
2. type services.msc, and hit enter
3. look for "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry", right click on it, choose Properties and then do these steps: a. stop, b. disable and click apply, c. exit and restart your laptop, but now Windows can not start. It just flashes and there was one message saying something about "not able to log in". I have been trying to get it to appere again but no...This message is written on my phone so you must forgive my wrongspellings.....Heeelp....
Page 1 of 2