Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 3:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Incompatibility Issue After Updating Laptop
Hi! I just tried to install Sims 2 Freetime on my laptop, and when I first ran the game it was unresponsive. I decided to restart my laptop during this, but in order to do that it made me update. I figure nothing would come of it, but when I attempted to run Freetime again a message popped up and said that it was incompatible... Even though it just ran moments ago. I decide to follow the advice of other people and change the compatibility settings, but it still wouldn't work no matter what. I figured I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling, but now that it's uninstalled I can't install it since it acts like Autorun is incompatible. I'm so upset. I've never had this happen. For reference I have University, Nightlife, Pets, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Teen Style Stuff, and Celebration Stuff installed, Freetime being the only one I've ever had issues with. Laptop specs listed below. Please, if there is something I'm doing wrong or if there's any information you can give to fix this let me know.

------------------
System Information
Time of this report: 2/22/2017, 05:50:54
Machine name: MACIESCOMPUTER
Operating System: Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.160930-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite C55-B
BIOS: 1.40
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3982MB RAM
Page File: 2125MB used, 3201MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_F9101179&REV_0E
Display Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 1760 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: SDC4347
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.998Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32
Driver File Version: 10.18.0010.3408 (English)
Driver Version: 10.18.10.3408
DDI Version: 11
Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: Thread group
Miracast: Supported
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated
Power P-states: Not Supported
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 1/17/2014 05:08:42, 19379200 bytes

Sound Devices
------------- Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0235&SUBSYS_1179F912&REV_1000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.7195 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 3/11/2014 23:00:46, 3891800 bytes

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 290.6 GB
Total Space: 466.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: TOSHIBA MQ01ABF050
Drive: E:
Model: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2512 USB Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.03.9600.16384 (English), 8/22/2013 03:46:35, 164352 bytes
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:00 PM
I've had a bit of the same problem as you had.
Installed it up unto Freetime on a new pc and first it ran fine. Closed it, tried to run it again a day later and suddenly the message about compatibility issue.
Had no clue what happened and changing the compatibility didn't work, it still gave the message.
I uninstalled back until Pets. (I uninstalled one by one to find out with what ep it would work with again and that was Pets)
Of course I wanted Seasons and Bon Voyage and Freetime as well. Installed Bon Voyage, changed compatibility for that one and yep again that message. The anxiety level went up.
Gave up for that moment. Next day I think I had the pc restarted and somehow it ran on Bon Boyage. Installed the other two as well again and it worked again.
I don't know either what went wrong there, but somehow it worked to restart. I have had that same message again another time and again restarting worked here.
Not sure if this would also work for you.
But at least you got a message from someone who knows how it feels, a little bit of empathy is worth something also.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
I've had a bit of the same problem as you had.
Installed it up unto Freetime on a new pc and first it ran fine. Closed it, tried to run it again a day later and suddenly the message about compatibility issue.
Had no clue what happened and changing the compatibility didn't work, it still gave the message.
I uninstalled back until Pets. (I uninstalled one by one to find out with what ep it would work with again and that was Pets)
Of course I wanted Seasons and Bon Voyage and Freetime as well. Installed Bon Voyage, changed compatibility for that one and yep again that message. The anxiety level went up.
Gave up for that moment. Next day I think I had the pc restarted and somehow it ran on Bon Boyage. Installed the other two as well again and it worked again.
I don't know either what went wrong there, but somehow it worked to restart. I have had that same message again another time and again restarting worked here.
Not sure if this would also work for you.
But at least you got a message from someone who knows how it feels, a little bit of empathy is worth something also.

Huh. I might as well try that. I'll report back when I finish.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 5:19 PM
Good news, it worked! Thank you so much!
Inventor
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by levmac17
Good news, it worked! Thank you so much!

I'm glad it worked out.