Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Rickz13 : 26th Feb 2017 at 4:09 PM. Reason: Thread closed

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default CLOSED: What is: "Social Debug" on TestingCheatsEnabled

So I guess this is a extremely dumb question, but i couldn't find the answer anywhere. (I guess I can't google)
  1. Open Cheat "TestingCheatsEnabled true"
  2. SHIFT-click on a sim (not the main one)
  3. "Social Debug" cheat should be at the bottom
What is that Social Debug Cheat ?

So, i am a bit scared of using it. I think it is maybe that you can have more interactions or so, but i don't know?

Thanks for advance!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:54 PM
As far as I know it doesn't seem to do anything. Testing Cheats was originally used by the developers to test stuff, so whatever that option did was probably removed at some point.

Generally, if you don't know what an option you get from testing cheats does, don't click it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
As far as I know it doesn't seem to do anything. Testing Cheats was originally used by the developers to test stuff, so whatever that option did was probably removed at some point.

Generally, if you don't know what an option you get from testing cheats does, don't click it.

So, when i was young i've tried it and just as you said it didn't do anything.

But I think I'm going to leave this thread open, because it wasn't really clear for me of what you said. (Little bit too less information)
Maybe there are people around that do know more about this "Social Debug" and it's backstory.

If you know what this cheat is, I'll be more than happy to know.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:04 PM
It's not a cheat - TestingCheatsEnabled is Debug Mode and the clue is in the inclusion of the word 'testing'. It's the developers mode for testing the game. Social Debug is there so social interactions could be tested and corrected if there were problems with the code.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:13 PM
Is it where the Super Duper Hug comes from?
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:58 PM
Super Duper Hug seems to have been intended as a social (presumably for children or children=>adult) which eventually got scrapped and the broken pieces of code are still left there.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 3:09 PM
Every social interaction has a debug accept / reject option that would have appeared if the Social Debug hadn't been disabled, like many other options on a sim's debug menu it doesn't do a thing anymore. 'Dump Happy Log' is another one, in A&N that makes sims go to the loo to 'Dump a Happy Log'. There is a couple of things there that are potentially harmful though, the Memory Manager that can be spawned can permanently wipe all of a sim's memories.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is it where the Super Duper Hug comes from?

Not as far as I know - it's to do with a fall back GUID in a social mod being the same as the one for SuperDuperHug - that is the social mod was originallly cloned from that. If the mod is removed, it 'falls back' on its back up GUID and you get the SuperDuperHug. Chris (above) could probably explain it more accurately.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc