Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2801 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:33 AM
I already posted it right above you RoxEllen.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2802 Old 10th May 2017 at 8:57 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 10th May 2017 at 9:19 PM.
Don't try to influence a vampire to do your term paper... or even GREET the vampire... at least not on a Greek House lot... or if you're a former cow mascot. My poor cowie had two accidents in a row for some reason. Maybe the game glitched and caused my vampire student to 'bleh' him. Yup. She's a downtownie adoptee and she rolled Vampire, and yes, I altered the want trees file to nix the fears relating to turning and wants related to curing, so I roll for certain creature types based on things like interests, aspirations, and in some cases, hobbies.

Edit: Seems that the third time's the charm. This time, when I greeted her, she didn't 'bleh' my sim, and I finally got her to do my term paper! I want my cowie to be the lazy slacker and still get ahead in college, dammit! So, he dates my heir, who seems to still have the hots for him, and he gets more influence, along with the ability to 'energize'. Win!

Also, I learned that Joe Carr has a pregnancy modifier token. He'd make such a great daddy to twin aliens lol!

Edit: When my cowie mascot's vampire friend, who was a special 'contact' due to his relationship with my heir, (having dream dates with her, etc.) left the lot, she had a special 'goodbye' message: "It's been great seeing you! Don't be a stranger!" Awww... she's gonna make a great sister-in-law!

Wait wait... she was saying goodbye to one of the other Greek House members - the Romance dormie with the blue tasseled shirt! Interesting! Sorry for all the edits, but I don't wanna doublepost lol!
Lab Assistant
#2803 Old 10th May 2017 at 9:34 PM
Sims can roll a want to change into a certain clothes category O.o Nervous rolled a want to change into PJs, never seen that want before
Scholar
#2804 Old 10th May 2017 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChisanaAoi
Sims can roll a want to change into a certain clothes category O.o Nervous rolled a want to change into PJs, never seen that want before

I roll that want each time when I get home.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
#2805 Old 10th May 2017 at 10:22 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 10th May 2017 at 10:51 PM.
about clothing Wants; I seen sims with underwear category (when I had just base game).
sim Wants at times reflect what we have them do. if you have them wear some other category, they might more frequently have Wants for that category.
Mad Poster
#2806 Old 10th May 2017 at 10:43 PM
The wants to change clothes are specific to Pleasure sims. I've never seen a non-Pleasure sim get one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2807 Old 10th May 2017 at 10:47 PM
I also tend to roll that want quite often
Mad Poster
#2808 Old 11th May 2017 at 6:06 AM
I've discovered that a whole lot of townies in Simstate University and even at least TWO Social Workers have pregnancy modifier tokens.
Here's a list:

Simstate University:

Livingston:
Benjamin Gonzaga
Chatarina Kong
Jasmyn Carlson
Jay Phillips
Marie Wendel
Thomas Schehl

La Fiesta Tech:

GilsCarbo:
Crystal Vu
Esther Tse
Houston Danaher
Ian McCarthy
Kenneth Chen

Pleasantview:

Bendett:
Joe Carr

Hanby:
Amy Jones

Desiderata Valley:

Tsang:
Michelle Kosmokos
Nicholas Mamuyac
Shelby Fairchild
Tyler Fuchs

Riverblossom Hills:

Andrews:
Connor Rauscher
Shanna Smith
Black Haired Social Worker
Brunette Social Worker
Vamsi Raymond

Copur:
Eric Seavey
Marcel Haggerty

Downtown:

Garth:
Tyler Dalton

Bluewater Village:

Danaher:
Alan Danaher

Larson:
Jason Larson

Ramirez:
Lisa Ramirez

Tinker:
Melody Tinker

Magic:
Hsu
Christa Hsu ???
Waylon Menon

Thompson:
Calista Fuchs

Exotic Destinations
(no name)
Angel Go

Oddly enough, it seems that Kaylynn Langerak doesn't have a pregnancy modifier. Weird. Maybe she's just lucky... well, as lucky as a girl who was made to be played by two playboys can be anyway.
Mad Poster
#2809 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:01 AM
What's the pregnancy modifier again? I swear I've heard the term before, but I don't remember.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#2810 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:21 AM
A sim with a pregnancy modifier token has a higher probability of having twins, or getting another sim pregnant with twins. How higher, I don't know.
Mad Poster
#2811 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
What's the pregnancy modifier again? I swear I've heard the term before, but I don't remember.

It's a hidden memory token that increases the chance of a sim having twins... and possibly even fathering twins, from what I gather. One of the sims on the list, Marie Wendel, is prone to having twins. I took a look at her in SimPE, and found that she has that token. In the hood I'm currently playing, Calopsita Valley, she's engaged to one of my Gen 2 spares, and he rolled for aspiration change after completing the sophomore year. He changed from Pleasure to Family... and they STILL have the hots for each other (the engagement was a want they had both rolled and fulfilled after he switched). So they will likely make a great Ottomas-type couple.

Twins can be a handful, but they're still a lot of fun!

Edit: Looks like I finished this post too late lol!
Mad Poster
#2812 Old 11th May 2017 at 9:05 AM
I'd be a bit worried if the Social Workers have them.
Mad Poster
#2813 Old 11th May 2017 at 5:17 PM
It's too bad that those social workers can't be safely made playable, because they would probably make good mothers - once trained, of course.
Mad Poster
#2814 Old 11th May 2017 at 5:34 PM
Well you could probably extract their appearances, make new Sims, and possibly use SimPE to tag a pregnancy modifier onto them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2815 Old 11th May 2017 at 7:30 PM
Somebody appears to have already extracted several of these characters if you'd rather just download them. See posts 7 and 12 in this thread.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=543593
Mad Poster
#2816 Old 11th May 2017 at 9:12 PM
Oh, interesting. Could I fix my Unsavoury Charlatan with SimSurgery then? He has a non matching face to the rest of his skin, I think because I have Phaenoh's correlated skins installed.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#2817 Old 12th May 2017 at 12:31 AM
about pre-made Townies/NPCs; the names of University's & Nightlife's can differ in different neighborhoods and among different players. I take also other sub-neighborhood types.
Mad Poster
#2818 Old 12th May 2017 at 4:03 AM
Pre-made sub-hood townie names are often randomized - especially if the sub-hood is a University, Downtown, or Shopping District. High witch names are also randomized.
Mad Poster
#2819 Old 12th May 2017 at 12:53 PM
I'm dumb. That's what I realized. Oh, I know it was no secret. But, I'm dumber than I thought.

For some time I've had a problem with girls face meshes being missing. There would be my cute (or, usually not) little girl. She would age up, and bam, the white mesh face with words on it. I took stuff out; I put stuff in. I pretended they were in some teen-cult. I did everything but really work at the problem.

Finally, I decided to do the old 50/50. This is something I usually don't have to do, but I could not find the source. So, out came the first half of the alphabet of my downloads. Still no face. Then the second half. Faces!!!! I began putting other stuff back in. And, guess what? I NEVER found the bad cc. Now, it's all back and there's no problem at all. I guess it was a loading issue.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#2820 Old 12th May 2017 at 10:23 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 12th May 2017 at 10:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Simstate University:

Livingston:
Benjamin Gonzaga
Chatarina Kong
Jasmyn Carlson
Jay Phillips
Marie Wendel
Thomas Schehl

La Fiesta Tech:

GilsCarbo:
Crystal Vu
Esther Tse
Houston Danaher
Ian McCarthy
Kenneth Chen

Downtown:

Garth:
Tyler Dalton

Bluewater Village:

Danaher:
Alan Danaher

Larson:
Jason Larson

Ramirez:
Lisa Ramirez

Tinker:
Melody Tinker

Magic:
Hsu
Christa Hsu ???
Waylon Menon

Thompson:
Calista Fuchs

Exotic Destinations
(no name)
Angel Go
Got the Townie/NPC names from the Program Files directory? or from the My Documents directory?
Scholar
#2821 Old 12th May 2017 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
Got the Townie/NPC names from Program Files directory?

I can’t read properly apparently. I initially read “Got a Townie/NPC named Program Files” :/

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
#2822 Old 12th May 2017 at 10:36 PM
edited the question.
Mad Poster
#2823 Old 12th May 2017 at 11:52 PM
Most of the townie names I got from the Program Files folders - the subhood and stealth hood templates. The others I got from the My Documents folder since I couldn't find those neighbourhoods in the Program Files folders.
Forum Resident
#2824 Old 13th May 2017 at 12:13 AM
If you have the chocolate making station--culinary career reward--and it has a chocolate puddle under it, any toddlers nearby will autonomously Wander and gain fun, Whine, and Steal Chocolate which boosts hunger a little and energy a *lot*. I had never seen this before because I hardly ever use that career reward. Just as a test, I had the parent mop up the puddle. All those autonomous behaviors vanished. Then I had the parent work the machine and make another puddle. The toddler then did Wander, Steal Chocolate, and Whine again. Cool!
Alchemist
#2825 Old 13th May 2017 at 12:30 AM
I read about the Culinary reward in the Prima Guide; it confirms Steal Chocolate interaction.
have not yet had the reward and toddlers on same lot.
Page 113 of 445