Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:16 AM
Default Maxis content has custom content star
So while attempting to change a sims eye color in SimPE i effed up and now all the maxis eye colors have the custom content star. I did not backup because I've changed the eye color before with no problems. Stupid i know. Do i need to uninstall and reinstall or is there another solution? Any help appreciated thank you
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:38 AM
um did you change their values somehow? I modded my genetics, and mine do that now. is your objects package not read only?

If you have an idea what you changed, someone could look and tell you what the correct values are, so that perhaps you can correct it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 4:33 AM
Hey i can't remember exactly what it was i did but i think i originally changed the wrong caf overlay (might have changed both of them) and then attempted to change one of them back. Can't remember if i did cafoverlay1 or cafoverlay0 but i had both and got confused about which one to change. I didn't notice until after hitting commit of course. I'd rather not have to uninstall and reinstall if i dont have to
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 4:56 AM
I would just ignore it, I mean so long as your object package is read only I don't see the harm in leaving them. I certainly wouldn't reinstall for it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:31 PM
Eyes are in the Skins.package in basegame (\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\) so setting the objects.package to read only wouldn't help.
It's very unlikely you did any damage by editing a sim's character file (unless you imported the default parts to copy the names from), far more likely you downloaded something that's overriding the default eye texture overlays and didn't notice it at the time.