Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Corrupted Lot
Hi, how ever in the world do I get sims home from a corrupted business lot? I don't know what's happening or what's causing this, but this is the third time now that I've had a lot become corrupted. The first time was in another challenge hood and now 2 times in this hood. Last time it was a family at home and I was able to move them out, bulldoze the house and put a fresh copy of it down and move them back in and that fixed it. I have no idea what to do now.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:25 AM
Sounds like you have more problems with your game than just lots becoming corrupted, I have never herd of more than 1 lot corrupting in a hood and now you have had 3.

Use a teleporter to teleport the sims to a lot then greet them and then say goodbye to them and they should go home.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:38 AM
Well so far, only 2 in this hood. The first one was in a different hood. Still though. Could you tell me how to get this teleporter? I only picked up this game again about 3 or 4 months ago after being away for years and there's still much I've forgotten.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:57 AM
Do you have the magic wand? It's by pescado. I would also be running Hood Checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 2:17 AM
I don't know how it happened, but I saved the lot and then created another lot to have them teleport to using a random sim moved into that lot and simlogical's teleporter bush and the mind control mirror. When I went back to the business, the cab drove up and they just autonomously went home! I think I'll just sell that business and bulldoze the lot.

In answer to your question, no I don't have the magic wand. I'll try the hood checker again, but I couldn't find anyway of deleting the files that came up.
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 3:07 AM
You're not the only one, past few months lots of bugs and corruption has started showing up, one piece of Custom Content that does have issues corrupting stuff at the moment is the Numenor Desk Stairs, it was fine then all of a sudden it just started corrupting stuff, i only just installed the game on my lappy since i'm using it at the moment until i get a new power supply for my PC and i put the stairs only in the house i built for the Broke family which i always do when i install it (they're my fave family), but it's just not working well, but in general i'm seeing TS2 behaving quite buggy, my game tells me though when a lot is corrupted because the grid squares above the ground floor goes into the ground floor lol, straight away as soon as i wanted to build a house it did this and same for when building some Community Lots, had to just demolish it and put in a new one, it seems the game is just corrupting lots as soon as you put one in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 7:02 PM
I'm not sure if I have that one or not. I did a search in my downloads folder and came up w/some modular stairs by Nouveau. They may be created from Numenor's stairs. Other than that, I'm wondering if the game is just becoming incompatible w/newer OS's and processor chips? There are a couple of other games I play that are incompatible w/this comp so I play them on an older comp.

@Jonandsarah77, I took a closer look at the hood checker last night and found out that I was choosing the wrong thing before. This time I backed up my hood and chose "remove." I'll see what happens when I load the game again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 11:06 PM
Yes, always do remove.

How did stairs corrupt stuff?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:43 AM
Sims were turning invisible while playing them then suddenly appearing when i quit and went back in, the sims and servos were glitching a little here and there by like jumping from one spot to another nearby and they just weren't interacting as much, removed the numero deck stairs files and everything is fine now, it may be reacting badly to other Custom Content, i haven't seen a Lot corrupt since removing it either, it's the ones from the Simple Build Set http://modthesims.info/d/573029 which is a shame... it's so cute but sadly had to remove it, not seen anybody turn invisible or anything again yet. If you don't have it though then it's probs the game, the game is still causing a couple glitches though by making my Sims act NOT how they're meant to, some days they're fine, some days they act really strangely and aren't interacting properly with each other, they're supposed to get to know each other, hang out, play with each other but half the time they seem to get confused a little. It's possible the game is becoming incompatible too plus EA probs don't bug fix it like they used to either but it's possible some CC doesn't like other CC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 5:11 AM
Did you try downloading it again to make sure the file you had hadn't become corrupted? People have been using Numenor Desk Stairs a long time (so do I) and this is the first time I have heard of it corrupting anything. Any cc file can become corrupted especially if you drag your download folder in and out of your game or when you have a crash. This doesn't mean that download itself is bad or corrupted, only that it's become corrupted in your game which I think is the likely scenario. I had an elder male outfit become corrupted a few years back after a crash.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 5:44 AM
Yeh i downloaded them right from the Simple Build Set i just downloaded Numero stairs recolors with a Dorm lot and once again it's glitchy, my Broke families Butler is getting confused shuffling side to side on 1 spot, i keep seeing lines on a couple of things, Angela Peasant just massaged Dustin facing forwards and her arms then contorted while she did it lol but it was fine when i removed it, somethings not quite right with it so i would remove it and see if it's that for you too.